1st Indoor Grow - 400w Lumatek - Soil - September 11th Memorial Bud

damn, nosy neighbours, how long have they been vegging for now.

the plant thats growing male sacs, these look like bunches of grapes, and if it is showing the female white pistils as well then this means its a hermie, basically the plant has either been stressed or bad seeds, what its doing is seeding itself to ensure it carrys on the life cycle, so if you keep it you wont get any bud from it as it will all be seed, plus once the male sacs open they will spread pollen for miles, this will put pollen on all the fem plants and all you will end up with is seeds.

if it was me id grow it out elsewhere and get the pollen and put the pollen from the hermie onto a female plant, this will give female seeds, but i have room to isolate plants so i can take the risk, if you cant isolate the plants then kill the hermie as it will spread pollen to all the other plants, also any males you have got get rid of as well, if the male flowers open then all you will end up with is seeds, some growers manage to remove the male sacs and let it grow as female, problem is you need to check it every day and its easy to miss a pollen sac, the choice is yours, if it was me and i wanted some decent bud then id get rid of the males and the hermie and just grow out the fems

damn, nosy neighbours, how long have they been vegging for now.

They have been vegging for about 4 weeks so far.

[/QUOTE] the plant thats growing male sacs, these look like bunches of grapes, and if it is showing the female white pistils as well then this means its a hermie, basically the plant has either been stressed or bad seeds, what its doing is seeding itself to ensure it carrys on the life cycle, so if you keep it you wont get any bud from it as it will all be seed, plus once the male sacs open they will spread pollen for miles, this will put pollen on all the fem plants and all you will end up with is seeds.[/QUOTE]

I have it in the other room with the male I chose for breeding. The first male showed sex real early (5 days under 12/12) so I was going to breed that male into my females (one flower cluster per lower branch and pick the highest potency female and thus next years seeds from them fertilized flowers)

Sorry about the tough luck bro.

just remember that the pollen will be air born, so any movement of air near the male or hermie will spread the pollen through the whole room, this will get in your clothes and on your skin, it will also float out the door when you open and close it if your not careful, now what i do when i get a male is remove most of the plant and just leave a branch or 2 to collect pollen from, so i remove usually all the lower branches and side branches and leave 1 or 2 branches further up the plant, this limits the amount of pollen the plant will spread around,

just make sure you keep everything clean when you go near them plants, it will only take a microscopic few pieces to get on your clothes then when you go near the fem plants it will pollenate them, but it is perfectly possible to keep them seperate and not have the pollen spread, by the sounds of it your doing what i have been doing, so far ive managed to keep the pollen where i want it and the plants in flower have not had any seeds yet, so as long as your careful it is ok and should work out like you want it to

dr paul, that is exactly what I am doing. I topped the male I kept early so that the first flowers wouldn't mature. The second flowering is happening and I am about to trim 75% of those off at the 1/2 way point to limit that pollen as well. I will collect from the last flowers (fully mature pollen) and hit my 2 girls bottom branches in week 5 to get some seeds. They are showing a pretty solid, strong, early sexing, vigorous phenotype across the board, with only 2 smaller less branch dominant phenos out of 18 seedlings germinated and grown to over 4 weeks.
I am pretty excited about the strong genetics and I just smoked some early dried (10 day dry/cure) from the 3 outdoor plants I harvested and I am thoroughly destroyed...this stuff is very strong, super head high with a nice hit on the pain relief and muscle spasm relief too I will be posting a full smoke report on the "insta-flower bagseed" journal in my signature.

just remember that it will take around 3 weeks for the seeds to be ready after you have put pollen on the plant, i have done this and one of my plants is taking a whole lot longer, i got an ak47 cross uk cherry cheese female, which i love this strain and i only had 2 seeds left, luckily i got 1 fem and 1 male so i crossed the 2 to keep that strain, its been over 4 weeks now and the seeds are still not 100% ready, some of the seeds pods have popped open and is showing green seeds, over the last few days these have started to look the right colour, so ill leave them till their falling out the buds, my other plants did not take this long, i harvested the rest of the buds on the plant so all thats left is the buds with the seeds in them,

My plan was to pollinate 2 bottom flower clusters on 2 separate female (full sisters, same phenotype) plants. I have a nice strong female hermie (a small cluster of male flowers at the leaf and stem intersection) and a nice strong full male. One cluster on each plant gets the full male pollen the the other cluster gets the hermie pollen. I plan on letting the small flower clusters (probably aim for a golf ball size nugget for 25-50 viable seeds) stay on the plant until they drop seeds naturally. when I harvest the plants I will leave the bottom 2 flowering sites and some fan leaves on the plant, water it a nice clean water (second flush) and just let the seeds mature naturally. I think that this method should give me the healthiest seeds and will ensure that I have the highest ratio of viable to dead seed. I'll let you know how it turns out next fall!!! These seeds will get planted 1/2 outdoor and 1/2 indoor in 2013 and the winter/spring into 2014.

ill be interested to see how it all goes, i keep hoping for a hermie to get pollen from as this will give 100% fem seeds, but i tried everything to make an auto go hermie and it just would not happen, so till i get one ill be using males,

their is also something called a super male, this is when a male plant goes hermie, its rare but it does happen, i think it makes the super male a good male to use for breeding, but im not to sure how well it works as their is not much info on it, we dont normally grow males to make them go hermie, so we only ever see females going hermie but it is possible with both the male and female.

im waiting for the seeds to fall out of this ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, but some of the seed pods have split open and the seeds still look green, ive not moved the plant or knocked it so these seeds are still poking out, im wondering if their just green because the plant is still fresh, so if i took the seeds off the plant would they then mature like seeds from fruit and veg,

most of the seeds i have got in the past come out of dry bud, so this is dried and the seeds are ready, so im thinking maybe the seeds mature more once they leave the safety of the plant. but ill still wait till the plant either dies or the seeds actually start falling out,

Your seeds will let you know when they are ready...they will fall off the plant.

Hey urmom sorry to hear about the neighbor issues. They are usually the main reason people don't bring their crop outside, not for fear of pests as mentioned earlier in this thread. Anyhow I'm glad your still going to continue I know I would have chopped everything into a salad and tossed it by now :surrender: But I'm interested in your supercropping technique...Looks like you used a combination of LST and supercropping...Any tips you'd be willing to surrender to someone new to supercropping?

Bubbly, stand by for a little bit. I am going to start a thread and I will send you the link. I will do a super cropping tutorial, with pictures...

Re: 1st Indoor Grow, 400w Lumatek, Soil, September 11th Memorial Bud

Quick little update for everyone...

As you may or may not know, we had some curious neighbors and we had to slow down and limit our time outside with the vegging plants. Using my super smart math brain, I figured 1 plant vegging is better than 5 so we now only have R2 re-potted into a 3 gal smart pot and tied up for the long haul. She will get super-cropped, LST'd and topped along the short 4 months of vegging. I will employ all 3 techniques in order to keep her short and bushy. My tent has 4 females in it, 2 at week 3 and 2 at week 1 of flower. I also have my female hermie in my bedroom window sill (southern facing bay window, full sun almost all day) with all but 2 male flowers on it still. I only had about 20 male flowers on the whole plant ut I pinched all but one small 2-3 flower cluster. I am waiting for them to open and I will pollinate the 2 girls that are in week 3 right now with that pollen. I only plan on doing 2 small bottom flower clusters in order to get some feminized seed for next year. All 3 plants are the same genetics, same phenotype and the hermie is a photoperiod induced hermie, so not a real hermie, just a female I forced early to get it to produce male flowers for seeding and breeding my genetics true.

So with the 4 in the tent and the last female vegging for the next 2 months!!! I should get a nice March harvest off of her. And I expect to get a few ounces off of the 4 in the tent right now, Probably 1 oz each from the 2 started later and 1.5 total from the other 2 early flowering plants. If you remember, we started these seedlings on September 11th and 2 went 12/12 on Oct 6th and the other 2 on Oct 21. The early 2 (6 oct) should be finished right around the 1st week of December, that gives me 2 weeks to dry and start my cure...I should be ok to leave them in jars after 2 weeks. Depending on the haul, I may just make it into Christmas presents for some of my friends who do not have medical access due to financial issues...I always like to share the wealth whenever I can and having a 40 grams of high quality medicine will make everyone's holidays a bit nicer...

The 2 girls that started 12/12 on the 21st should, in theory, be finished 21 December...I am leaving town on the 20th. I have a partner that was supposed to stay in town to watch the garden but decided to buy a ticket to Minnesota yesterday...I obviously would not have flowered these last 2 if I was not going to be here for that all-important last 7-10 days. I will be able to judge the finishing time based off the 1st two that finish but my new plan is to let them go until 71 days. I am only leaving for 10 days and will be back to the garden by the 30th so an extra 10 days on the vine may be a good thing. I was planning on putting my 2 3 gal grow bags into a 3-4' deep tray and water the heck out of them 3 days before I leave, just to the point of runoff and then water them with the same amount (that should probably give them a reservoir in the tray for an extra day from that runoff) the morning I leave. I think that they should be able to make it the 10 days without an issue. I will just turn the fans on low and make sure I put my little 4' desktop pointing down into the tray to help dry things out after the runoff soaks back in. Does anyone see an issue with this setup? I of course will pull the lamps up to 18" and I already have a screen in the tent to bend branches under to help with vertical growth. Maybe a low rack to keep the smart pots off the flat try to avoid mold? But am I really concerned with mold growing with all that circulation?

So after that novel, here are the pictures of R2, after being topped (6 of the 7 branches were topped this morning), super-cropped (several times over the last 4 weeks) and now LST'd this morning...

R2_top_view.JPG
R2_side_view.JPG
R2_light_bend.JPG
R2_interior_view.JPG
R2_deep_bend.JPG

I will be posting a new thread later today or tomorrow that will be focused on R2 and the pruning methods she has undergone. I will take you on a picture tutorial from seedling to harvest with light pruning, heavy super-cropping and a form of LST that is so easy and effective the results should be great. I am expecting between 6-8 ounces from R2 when she is harvested in early March 2013...stay tuned for that one.

I also will be getting some pictures of the flowering tent tonight if I remember...

Very nice man very nice

So I should be giving my weekly update right now but I am typing on my mobile as I lay in bed. My medical conditions have me taking a sh!t ton of op!ate based narcotics for my pain relief. I use cannabis for muscle spasm relief and my pain relief too. I rolled my last joint last night and only have 1/2 a joint left which I will smoke for bed tonight. That means I am back on the other meds (not happy about it) and having trouble eating. I have only been able to hold 1/2 a banana cranberry muffin down today and am in bed sick to my stomach just thinking about food. And my wife had tacos for lunch which the smell of them made me almost vomit. My medical connection is 2.5 hours away (closest one) and the VA decided that I didn't need my check this month so even if I wanted to drive 5 hours round trip, I can't afford the prices they charge up there...so I take the op!ate based meds and suffer and be hungry. My garden will not be ready for another 2-4 weeks either... Time I trim some lower fluff off I guess. I know I will lower my final Harvey but a medicinal garden is that first...medicine...
I'll try to get some pictures tonight when the lights come on. The colas are starting to fill out nicely. The first two plants that will be ready had been out into flower right after seedlings so they are light as it is. I have 2 more that are about 3 weeks behind the first 2 and they are going to be my real producers. I'm on the edge of trimming 50% of the early plants just to have something to smoke the next 2 weeks and then harvest the early girls a week early. That will hold me over with some mid grade until the last 2 mature in mid December. .

no time right now...just wanted to get some pics up for my subscribers...

tent_view.JPG

right_side7.JPG

left_side7.JPG

left_plant.JPG

Looking good brother!!

Quick update...

I have been super busy with family visiting and lots of other things going on so I will be brief.

My brother came down (he has a medical card from up north) so I trimmed the lower small buds off the older 2 plants to smoke for the week. The stuff had us giggling so hard we almost peed our pants. I was blown away by he potency of this stuff, especially being cut at the 5 week time. That being said, I am excited to let it go until 55 days and see what I get. Do to my current financial situation and the fact that my medical dispensary is almost 3 hours away...I cut some more to dry to hold me over the next 2 weeks...

So here are some pictures I just took today. I have 2 plants 6.5 weeks into flower and 2 4.5 weeks in. I also have a plant vegging but it just wants to flower...it is covered in white hairs and is acting like i is stacking up but I am determined to keep it on the verge until after Christmas so I can give it the whole tent. The other 2 plants may get left until day 71 just to get some narcotic medicine too.
I took a clone off f the last plant just for fun and it is starting to grow (very slowly...) but at least it is still alive. I would like to veg the clone until March and then put it outside after taking a few more clones in the new year for a nice outdoor fall harvest. I also played with the idea of putting it outside to naturally flower in the spring (plant in early February for a late April harvest?)

on to the pictures!!
(I did some color adjusting to try to cut the orange from the HPS)

white_1.JPG

w_2cola_filling_in.JPG

w_2.JPG

under_the_skirts.JPG

right_side_lower.JPG

right_side_cola.JPG

r2_vegging.JPG

r2_clone.JPG

left_side_lower.JPG

left_side_cola.JPG

Looks like I should get a final harvest of about 1 oz off the first 2 and 2 oz off the last 2. I also plan on getting about 4 off the vegging plant (probably harvest the first or second week of February (if I start 12/12 on 4 December when I plan on cutting the first 2 plants thus giving me room in the tent). Or I wait until after the New Year and harvest in the middle of April...bigger harvest but I am impatient and I know I will get 3.5-4 oz off the plant as it sits now, so a longer veg may make it too big for my tent. This strain more than doubles in size (height and width) when you hit it with 12/12. I still have to re-pot it too so it may get the hurry up and wait treatment and just go in the tent on New Years Eve..

Back
Top Bottom