1st Indoor Grow - 9 Strains - Eek!

I wish I had a macro lens that would do that! And the trichs themselves are just as impressive.

You can take the granny out of the garden, but you can't take the gardener out of granny!

:hug::hug::hug:obx:hug::hug::hug: Honey, I just got done takin' the time to catch up (as much as I could) on your last fog journal. My goodness was that plant a BEAST!!! Egads, you had to have shit when you returned home to the damage... damn damn damn!!! So very glad you only lost about 15% of it. Sometimes these dang plants show us just how hardy they really can be! I am now tuned in for your current journal and yer plants look FINE OH FINE!! I am looking forward to the day I again have plenty of time to just cruise thru everyone else's journals like I did before starting my own - but this time I won't just lurk!!!! For now tho, I am SOOOOOO ENJOYIN' MY GROW TIME AND MY 420 FAMILY!!!!

:thanks: for the nice comments, sweetie - it is always a pleasure to see ya!!! Lovies from one gardener to another!!!!!

You are a Wonderful Woman! :thanks: Enjoy Watching you!, and all the great comments and replys. Great Journal Granny420! Hope you are managing all tasks well this time of year! You have soooo much going on.(Life and Garden) BOTH do not stand still ever! Hoping you find time for you,..oh well, Nothing wrong with busy, right! Bless you and yours! Great times to come for all! :rollit: :peace: :thanks:

How have you been granny, from the close ups looks like ur doing great.

Looks Like I got at least two ladies so far and 3 more are still unknown.

Great job granny..

Hey Ray,
I'm glad you enjoy my grow! Stop by anytime!!

As far as the suspected pollen sacs, take the bull by the horns and crack one of those babies open....carefully of course. I have my doubts if they are pollen sacs. Wanda's doing some weird shit lately herself as far as late blooming growths go.

Okay... Now I am having these growths appear on Blueberry 2 also. But I really am questioning if they are hermie growths or not??? I had already harvested the earlier plants which showed them before OldSkoool wrote the above... but I had also still wondered if I did right.

Here is a reminder of what the Medijuana buds looked like with a macro shot of a bud...
Nov24-M1_WhatsThis.jpg

Thus, I harvest two Medijuana and one Blueberry which showed these growths.

But I am still not completely convinced they are pollen sacs... so I am going to upload a few pics of the Blueberry that is now showing them... and I really want advice again.
Please? Possibly I am wondering if this is some form of late growth on the indica strains???

I did as OldSkoool advised... I clipped a small lower bud that had a couple of these growths off the current Blueberry 2. Here is the pic of it after clipping it (and taking it to a completely separate area of the house).
Dec2-BB2_BudWithUnknownGrowths.jpg

Again, you would swear it looks like male bananas.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THE FOLLOWING PICS ARE EXTREME CLOSEUP SHOTS THAT MAKE EVERYTHING LOOK MUCH BIGGER THAN IT IS

I then clipped one off and opened it up along what appears to be a "fold" up the side of it. Here were the contents...
Dec2-BB2_OpenedUnknownGrowth.jpg

This would certainly leave one thinking it is a hermie with a hair AND pollen. Right?

Well, I dedided to open up a regular female pod from another plant and see what was inside, and it is pretty obvious there is a powdery substance in an older regular pod too...
Dec2-BB2_OpenedFemalePod.jpg

But what really makes me wonder is cuz other views of these growths gives a little different perspective of what they might be??? It is like they are a folded over leaf - even in the growth 2 pics above, I opened it from the fold in it's side. You can see the folds I'm trying to describe better in the pic below of a little younger one of these strange growths and you can also see there are trichs forming inside the growths...
Dec2-BB2_BudWithUnknownGrowths-MarkedNo3.jpg

See the trichs in the above image, it shows you how closeup these shots are and that the growths are very small at present. Can you see that they look like they are not closed pollen sacs, but possibly some other type of leafy growth? And they look like they are forming trichs inside, which may be the powdery substance in the pic from when I broke one apart???

Or is it just me with wishful thinking???

For now, I am going to take a little more time to be positive before early harvest of any more plants with these particular growths. I have marked 3 different arrows on the dowel rods in this plant and they point to specific buds numbered 1, 2, and 3... I took pics today and am going to observe their growth for a bit. The last pic above is of Number 3.

I'd also love to know if anyone has grown indicas and had this type of growth late in flowering?

:thanks: for your replies!!!

Wishful thinking Granny420! But Color is a great gave away! Yellow does not belong on a Female Cannabis plant. Thoses are true male flowers. Sorry, Hope someone begs to differ!

Howdy granny..Those are called nanners or bananas. Hate to be the bearer of bad new but, yeah they pop out and self pollinate the girls if its early in flowering. Alot of strains mostly hybrids tend to pop a nanner or two. Its a last attempt at continueing the life process for a female canna plant that is senseing her finishing time is coming up. I find this in more sativa dominite plants rather then indicas, but it happens to both. I clip them when I see them, or if its late in flowering and I know seeds wont produce I dont worry. In your case I would keep a close eye on them, or clip them to ensure you dont pollinate the rest of your garden.

nice update granny!!

:hug::hug::hug:Butcher Honey!!!:hug::hug::hug: :thanks: and :kiss: to you honey!!! Did you get to see yer Granny at Thanksgiving? So cool she grows MJ for other medicinal purposes! Okay, I'm gonna heed yer signature and go vote for ya!!! brb...

OMG!!!!

I am such a dizzy lady! I didn't even know I was in the running!!! I never have enough time to check out other areas of 420 so I had no idea... and I'll tell ya that the wonderfully kind things my mentor and idol, McBudz, wrote about me... and then Ray Gunn too... and Weed in an earlier month... and everyone all the time in here... well, tears of joy and gratitude are overflowin here.

To all of you... my 420 FAMILY... I seriously do not need to win any contests here (perfer ya all vote for my competition!) cuz in my heart I sure feel I'm already a winner just by being blessed with all of you. I can't stop the happy tears from flowin so I guess I'm not gonna stick around too long now... besides, I gotta go back and vote... and then visit McBudz before moving on to my other work... that lil sneeker, bless his heart.

Voting... dang it... the competition is sure strong in there, eh??? I see my wonnerful OMM, dfw, tunes, and so many other GREAT 420 folks are in there - WOW!!!

Well... gotta say sorry to ya OMM... my fine young 420 grandson Butcher is on the menu and his advertisement in his signature is the only reason I even made it in there to vote at all. So Butcher... I'm rootin' for you this month and hope my other favorites make it another month!

:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:LOVIES TO ALL!!!:kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

Not hermies, just female pollen sacs. The strain of bagseed I'm growing has done it both times I've grown it in late flower, much worse on the plants I stressed by taking outside in the spring.

I'm sure my current indicas will be popping them in about two months!

thanx granny!! and yeah I saw my G-Ma thanksgiving and man is her plant big. LOL..Its bigger then my whole garden. It huge..I caught my uncle trying to snip some..He got soo busted. He got it all night from everyone. Out of all times to get caught with your hand in the cookie jar. I gave him some at the end of the night, but man if yall couldsee his face. Like a dear in headlights. Cause thats how he got caught, the sonsor for the lights outside came on when he shook the tree. Thats how big it is, just to give you an idea of it. Its about 8x8x8 easly. but after thanksgiveg at G-Mas's house I have a feeling it shrunk..LOL..(((Big Hugs Granny)))

So obxgardener and all, Is that known as a unstable strain trait? Or like you said some strains last ditch effort to reproduce! I'm quick to say hermie, but that may not be the case here. Correct?

:hug::hug::hug:Hugs & Luv to ALL!:hug::hug::hug:

I am always astounded at how fast 420 support is!!! EGADS!!!

Dammit... I knew I was wishin' in one hand while shittin' in the other!

:hug::hug::hug:Weed, honey!:hug::hug::hug: So good to see you again! How ya been??? And thank you for jumpin' in with answers!!!

:hug::hug::hug:Butcher:hug::hug::hug: I just knew you'd make sure to spend some time with yer G-Ma! I think yer family would fit in fine with my side of our family!!! :rofl: What a fun Thanksgiving memory with yer uncle gettin' caught in the light!!! Hilarious! And what a fine young man to come thru for him in the end with something better than snitchin' G-ma's mj tree! :rofl:

:hug::hug::hug:OBX:hug::hug::hug: Thank you, sweetie! Female pollen sacs - great description. Sounds like you keep growing the indicas anyway (and I intend to grow more Medijuana cuz it has proven to be an extreme high strain). Do you do as Butcher does and clip them so you can still let the plant grow longer to make a better harvest?

What do others recommend for me to do? There is one to four sprouting in each of at least 50% of the buds (sprouting out everywhere). They are small so I don't think they are releasing pollen while on the plant... so I'm thinking maybe let them go just a little longer to let the plant mature a bit more? But then other parts of me are thinking, get it the hell out of all those other ladies that are doing so well!?!?

If I try to cut them, I feel it could be very risky. I can't remove the plant from the room cuz I have no where to really go with it - the best I could do is get it 5 feet away from flowering females and of course, turn off all fans. When I opened the one I took the pic of I didn't even see the pollen powder come out, nor could I see it on the black surface I had it on. It shows up clear in the pic, but it sure wasn't visible without the aide of the macro on the camera. I worry that I'll send the pollen into the air if I try to cut them off. I don't worry about pollinating this Blueberry plant as much as I worry about all the rest of the ladies in the room.

Any suggestions are welcome!! And :thanks: all!

One thing I do know... I'm going to test the first blueberry I already harvested early cuz of this... and if it's not ass kickin' knock ya out smoke like the Medijuana IS, then I'm not gonna waste much room growing further Blueberry plants only to have them do this near the end. I have more clones than I will need for filling the flower room, so I will be picky about this one.

The Medijuana that has been drying is ... oh my POWERFUL even if harvested early. Already the flavor is truely wonderful... sweet sweet, with a hint of fruity sweet... small tokes are already fabulous for flavor. But if ya take too big a toke and choke yer lil heart out, it makes you have to get your bearings again before moving... and has repeatedly made my next move to be puttin' away whatever I was hittin' off of cuz I'm knocked on my ass stoned! Our son took one hit, choked, and was sputerin' that he caught a buzz before he was even done chokin'. Very powerful smoke. This one I'm gonna grow more of even if I have to harvest early again.

That's it outta me for today... I have a ton of work that has not gotten done (but sure do love my days at home to work!).

LOVE TO ALL!!!

:rofl:Haaa! Haaa!:rofl: Your killin me! Too bad to hear about more nanners. Maybe you cut cut off those buds that had the nanners to save the other 50% of the plant that was ok and the rest of your ladies would be safe too. Just a thought.

:rofl:Haaa! Haaa!:rofl: Your killin me! Too bad to hear about more nanners. Maybe you cut cut off those buds that had the nanners to save the other 50% of the plant that was ok and the rest of your ladies would be safe too. Just a thought.

:hug::hug::hug:Hey Ray Gunn!!:hug::hug::hug:That's a really good thought, Ray! I'm thinking half a real good crop would be better than none. I'll keep this one on the top of the list to consider! Thank you, sweetie!!

I just checked the trichs on the blueberry and also really looked over many plants... the other Blueberry that is also a few weeks from flowering has a couple too... and dammit - so does the tallest AK-47. SHIT!!!! They are all still real small so I feel I have a little time to see what everyone thinks before I do anything. Sounds like OBX has had this happen and still grows those indicas, so I'm real interested in what he has to say. and...

Granny's got a question for Butcher too... gonna holler and see if he hears me clear from the back 40 over here ...

Hey Butcher!!!

Yep, I bet that'll get him!!! :rofl:

Butcher, honey... how do you go about pinching/cutting these lil suckers off without having any pollen escape?

and best holler for OBX too!!...

OBX, HONEY!!!

Can ya hear me???? LOL!!!

Sweet fellow gardener, what do you do with yours when they sprout these? And have you found the strong indica strains do it the most often? I swear I'm still going to grow a number more Medijuana even if I have to clip clip clip them off early, cuz it's killer weed and I crave more! Is that why you grow strains that ya know do this?

Anyone else with suggestions, please feel free to offer your thoughts!!! I'm gonna gather some knowledge in this lil pea brain before doing anything this time!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:Lovies To ALL!!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Wishful thinking Granny420! But Color is a great gave away! Yellow does not belong on a Female Cannabis plant. Thoses are true male flowers. Sorry, Hope someone begs to differ!

:hug::hug::hug:Weed!!!:hug::hug::hug: Honey, I was almost outta here and then had to come back cuz I forgot something!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

On joining the 420magazine hospitality team!!!!:goodjob::slide::partyboy::clap::allgood::headbanger::goof::woohoo:

This is just what you were made to do!!! Your support of SO MANY in 420... yes... I am delighted for ya!!! PERFECT man for the job!!!!

:kiss::kiss::kiss:Luv ya, Honey!:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Granny, I wish I had a good solution for you... all I can say is that I took my last crop a bit early, and ended up with a fair amount of seeds... the big ones don't bother me, but the small, just formed ones tend to clog up the buds in a real PITA way.

I'd just keep pinching every one you see, perhaps with wet fingers just in case they burst.

I did harvest a few tops early... but I have to say that I think the more stress you put on plants popping bananas, the more bananas you get... at least in my experience.

In spite of all that, the bud is worth it... I love a good indica! Plus, all the mature seeds in your crop from bananas are femmed... so there are some benefits if you plan to grow at a later date.

Back
Top Bottom