1st Tent For A BAG

How is the GR? she bouncing back?

Some pictures would be nice :popcorn:

Glad to hear you have some vision going in your head. its very important to always dream and have some sort of a goal to work towards.

Me, i'd like to open a restaurant one day, or take my culinary training to the max, and become a Chef de Cusine. Or perhaps get into the MMJ business somehow.

Lets talk that MK tent. Do you think it could handle a 400w HPS light, that was aircooled tho? i'm sure it could probably handle a 600w and you could pull in 1lb plants (albeit only one plant at a time in that tent) every 2 months. You still got that T5 stand right? you can veg a clone or two under there for a while and train it and tie it down and then put it into flower when the MK tent is harvested, keeping your grow as perpetual as possible without buying another setup.. but i would go with 2 tents.. easier to get a good cycle going. 2 plants in the 4x4 flower tent.. 2 seedlings/clones vegging in the MK tent.. sounds like a recipe for many tasty meds!

The GR is looking... OK. Still has that dull green color, tho. I think it's the fluorescent light. Just not enough photons, and not a perfect spectrum. Fed her some Tiger Bloom yesterday, going to check on her later this AM.

I mentioned a 400W cuz I already own one. Tested it the other day, fires right up. IIRC, that bulb has only a few hours on it. Just needs an air-cooled hood, some duct, and some clamps. Had a deal with a guy for a 600W in a Cool-Tube, but the morning I was to pick it up, the guy called and said he broke the glass. I let him keep it. No interest in broken gear. Hell, a brand spanking new digital 600W in the box is under $180 for everything except a fan, delivered to my front door. And that's with two bulbs.

I agree, the additional tent is the way to go. Veg in one, flower in the other. But gotta make room first.

A pound every couple of months. Yeah. That'll put a smile on Momma's face. Mine too. 8^)

One option that is rather tempting is to sharpen up the scimitar and do the chop on the current tent grow, move some of the potted clones back inside for a reveg, give 'em a few weeks at 18/6, then switch out to the HID for some 12/12. Call it a late autumn run. In the mean time, work on making room for a 600W 4x4, and by then, it'll be close to chop-chop time for the patio.

I don't know, tho. I was wondering about trying another couple of strains. Not too sure what I'm looking for, but I'll know it when I taste it.

Well, just inspected the budded-out Dream Queen thru the eyepiece. Close to 80% amber trikes, and some just beginning to go opaque. She's ripe. I think she's about to go thru a serious 3 day rinse cycle. No where near the desired yield, but she lived her life with no where near enough light. Gotta give her credit. She tried.

And all the GR's in the tent... Have some weak limbs. Sagging. Not enough hard-core "wind" in the tent. If it weren't for the IE in there... That's the ONLY reason I'm not starting a rinse cycle today. That Infinite Euphoria. She's NOT ripe. And not done developing buds. The 24" T5 seems to have helped a lot. So the tent grow stays... For now.

I am very, VERY tempted to move the tent grow out, and the potted clones in for a re-veg.

Too many expenses this month. DMV, insurance, the wife's BD, and now a tank of gas for a damn doctor appt. Crapola. I need a hood and a big fan. But they don't give 'em away!

you're right they dont.. If you need something potent and quick, try some autoflowering strains to supplement the jars while you figure it all out.

I'd say grab a strain like sweet tooth, or AK 47 or dina fem OG kush or Mr Nice Seeds Black Widow (the original white widow) and start vegging those under the T5. while they are vegging, you set up this 4x4 600w HID tent.

If you veg your plants minimum 2 months, that gives you 2 months to plan this all out and save some scratch to pay for the upgrades

Whats the temps inside the MK tent? if they're reasonable.. i'd suggest a DWC for faster vegetative growth, and some huge yielding dank tasting buds.

Grab a bunch of seeds and find the phenotype you like the best, clone that, and then start running that pheno. Remember, you can take a clone from a flowering plant and re-veg it too. Especially if it looks like a huge yielder!

Find some strains that are best suited for your needs is my last suggestion. Those ones i suggested, are top shelf knock out stones.. you'll be giggling and singing to yourself as you eat up everything in the fridge haha

Ooooh... Autos. Pretty cool what they're doing with that ruderalis. I really do want to try some autos. Those are the strains to run for a winter grow. Watch for the bean to pop, and mark the calendar. Pretty cool.

Temps in the MK stay right at 83°F with the exhaust fan running constantly, and climb rapidly to 89-91° with it off. That's with the T5's. Gets pretty humid in there with the fan off, too. Plants are transpiring like mad in there. I don't know what the temp requirements are for a DWC, but I'm thinking that drawing the exhaust air thru a cool tube will be a good way to control the temp and cool the bulb. Keeping the temp down in a tent with a HID is critical not only to the plants, it's a fire hazard. Especially in a small tent like the MK. Very doable tho, as long as I can keep the air flowing. Gotta have a very reliable fan.

I'm gonna do it. I'm moving the current tent grow outside (it's only going to be there a couple of weeks max, then chop-chop) and I've already selected the potted clones that will come inside and go on 18/6. Let 'em veg a short while, and by that time I'll have a Cool Tube reflector and a turbine fan. Install the HPS, then turn 'em down to 12/12. Call it a late autumn run.

I think the current tent run is all but done. The DQ is ripe, and the GR's will be there in a week. Can't help but think that moving the IE out into the sunlight will improve her yield. She's still growing under the artificial light. The real deal certainly can't hurt.

I've learned a ton from this first run. I learned that the Mother Keeper tent is just that. Excellent for vegging mother plants. Take your cuttings and mature them elsewhere. Or be prepared to install an air-cooled HID for maturing the grow. I learned my old eyes can't see the different shades on pH test strips, and I need an electronic pH test meter to properly adjust my water. I learned high pH water is absolutely toxic to cannabis. I learned that even if a plant looks dead, that ain't necessarily so. I learned that red stems are sign of a phosphorus deficiency. I learned that growing in soilless mediums requires heavy rinsing on a regular basis.

I learned that it is difficult to have plants in full bud and an empty jar, and not be tempted to go in there with a pair of scissors. That one is real tough!

Well, I've got work to do. Gotta move some plants, and give the tent a thorough cleaning. Then move the potted clones in, and reset the timer.

Big fat juicy buds to all! :tokin:

Ooooh... Autos. Pretty cool what they're doing with that ruderalis. I really do want to try some autos. Those are the strains to run for a winter grow. Watch for the bean to pop, and mark the calendar. Pretty cool.

Temps in the MK stay right at 83°F with the exhaust fan running constantly, and climb rapidly to 89-91° with it off. That's with the T5's. Gets pretty humid in there with the fan off, too. Plants are transpiring like mad in there. I don't know what the temp requirements are for a DWC, but I'm thinking that drawing the exhaust air thru a cool tube will be a good way to control the temp and cool the bulb. Keeping the temp down in a tent with a HID is critical not only to the plants, it's a fire hazard. Especially in a small tent like the MK. Very doable tho, as long as I can keep the air flowing. Gotta have a very reliable fan.

I'm gonna do it. I'm moving the current tent grow outside (it's only going to be there a couple of weeks max, then chop-chop) and I've already selected the potted clones that will come inside and go on 18/6. Let 'em veg a short while, and by that time I'll have a Cool Tube reflector and a turbine fan. Install the HPS, then turn 'em down to 12/12. Call it a late autumn run.

I think the current tent run is all but done. The DQ is ripe, and the GR's will be there in a week. Can't help but think that moving the IE out into the sunlight will improve her yield. She's still growing under the artificial light. The real deal certainly can't hurt.

I've learned a ton from this first run. I learned that the Mother Keeper tent is just that. Excellent for vegging mother plants. Take your cuttings and mature them elsewhere. Or be prepared to install an air-cooled HID for maturing the grow. I learned my old eyes can't see the different shades on pH test strips, and I need an electronic pH test meter to properly adjust my water. I learned high pH water is absolutely toxic to cannabis. I learned that even if a plant looks dead, that ain't necessarily so. I learned that red stems are sign of a phosphorus deficiency. I learned that growing in soilless mediums requires heavy rinsing on a regular basis.

I learned that it is difficult to have plants in full bud and an empty jar, and not be tempted to go in there with a pair of scissors. That one is real tough!

Well, I've got work to do. Gotta move some plants, and give the tent a thorough cleaning. Then move the potted clones in, and reset the timer.

Big fat juicy buds to all! :tokin:

Great Update CJ!!

i'll be following closely to your new upgrades coming!

Thanks, GT. The up-grades are certainly on the list of things to do. I like the idea of 1 lb harvests on a regular basis. I like it a LOT.

I did the deed. Moved the indoor plants outside, and cleaned the tent thoroughly. Floor, walls, window, trays, tubes, even the fixture. That sucker is so clean you could eat your breakfast out of it.

Here's the patio as of this morning. Lousy pic. Need to rearrange things. I'll get my daughter to help when she gets some time off from HER NEW JOB!!! She has actual employment. Paying employment. With a paycheck and everything! Someone call the press. Notify the media! SHE GOT HIRED!!!!!

DSCN017710.JPG

Note the low hanging branches on the GR. Might have to get some stakes and some wire. Only be a week or so, then it's chop city.

The tent's new look. 4 IE's and a DQ. Be a week or two til they re-veg, then in a few weeks, in goes the Cool Tube and the HPS. More light, more energy, more harvest.

DSCN018011.JPG

Gonna try to arrange things in here so I can use an oscillating fan to make some serious wind. The little fans circulate, but that does nothing for the strength of the stems. Need some wind.

May your plants be healthy, your harvest be plentiful, and your buds be tasty!

Yet another fantastic update CJ!!

+reps for you sir!

I'm glad you are stepping up to the HID lighting. I'll show ya what i've learned about growing 1lb plants, even though i haven't done so yet, i'm pretty sure that my Widow thats in veg right now, will put up some serious numbers!! I'm hoping at least 3/4 of a LB if not a full LB dried trimmed and cured. Shes quite a beast!

Minimum 2 months of veg.. this is a must. You wont hit the 16oz mark with a veg time of less than this. If you think that the plant is big enough for flower, give it an extra week and see how it fills out. Trust me, its better to be patient. The plants will reward you for sure.

You would hardly need any space in the MK tent to keep a perpetual harvest of a LB every 8-10 weeks, because you would only take a clone or two from the plant you are about to flower, then while that plant is flowering, you veg the clones and put them into the plants place when you harvest it. repeat cycle over and over again.. the rest of the tent you can use to strain hunt and such!

:thanks: GT.

I do want another tent. A 4x4x6.5x600W would look good sitting across from the MK, but I need to make room. Veg a couple of mothers in the MK, take some cuttings, and move the moms into the 4x4 with tons of light at 18/6, and veg some more, just enuf that when they finally go to 12/12, stretching doesn't put 'em into the burn zone.

Then repeat. Several times. :thumb:

Finally made my way over and subbed your new journal. I'm slow, but I have an excuse. I'm old. Glued to my seat. :popcorn:

BC Sweet Tooth, huh? Know if they will ship to Kalifornia? Cuz the description sounds like something I would really like. I have an affinity for Indica doms. :love:

Edit: Never mind. Found 'em. Another item on the list, as soon as I get some of that d'argent. Order seeds.

Found a tiny touch of bud rot on the DQ yesterday. Just one small spot. Glad she's in the rinse cycle. Major defoliation yesterday evening. Kind of a pre-manicure. She's on the train to Chops-ville. Not a lot of it, but it will be tasty.

Time to fess up... That nug that fell off the DQ... It found its way to a bowl. Tasted a little funky, but I didn't mind. I was too busy eating all the Oreos. :rofl:

Something about producing your own meds. So satisfying. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Went to that BC Buds website. Dayum! They've got me drooling. I could drop some serious bux there. It's going to be difficult to choose. Got my eye on some Big Bud, and some of that Sweet Tooth. But what else? Oh, man! Decisions, decisions.

Dang. I need to hit the lottery.

Look for a single seed company that sells BC Bud Depots gear... I find that BCBD is a little overpriced and i have heard of nightmare stories of ordering through them. I think they have a great selection, but i would go thru someone that sells their products, so i know i'm not gona get screwed around.

The place i got my beans from does not sell to the US (smart idea.. look what happened to Marc Emery), but i'm sure theres a few places that will sell to the US that happens to sell some of the BC Bud Depot's catalog.

I keep looking back at their list of strains for anything that i would want to grow. So far, other than the strains i got, Girl Scout Cookies and BC Sweet Tooth, are really the only ones i want. I'm not really interested in anything longer than 9.5 weeks flowering, including flush.

The BC Sweet Tooth advertises a 45 day flowering period, but i'll probably take it to 8-9 weeks for ensured ripenes. I want these buds to knock me the F*ck out!!

Thank you muchly for the tip, GT. Saves me a headache. Been thru that before. Order from the manufacturer, and wait a year and a half. Order from a stocking dealer, and get it in two days. I'm searching for a dealer in the States that carries BCBD products. No luck yet, but I'm still looking.

Quick update...

Looks like moving the tent dwellers out was a good move. Seeing what appears to be new growth on the GR's from the tent. Buds expanding, nice new pistils. Sweet. The IE from the tent was still growing under the artificial light, and is doing even better under Mother Sun. Yeah, baby! All the soil plants got a feeding this AM (except for the DQ that's in the rinse cycle. She's on the chopping block.)

Can hardly wait for October. Cuz those patio plants are going to be sweet.

Gotta love Mother Sun. :love:

It looks like it's gonna be tough to get some of that DNA here, but I'm still on the prowl. There are a lot of strains to choose from.

Here's a look at some of the DNA I'm using now. Anyone wanna taste some Infinite Euphoria? 8^)

DSCN01856.JPG

She's plumping up real nice, with the help of Mother Sun. Pretty amazing what happens when ya give 'em enough energy. :loopy:

Here's a little closer look. Still growing. New calyxes every day. :)

DSCN0185_1.JPG

I'm watching that little sweetheart like a hawk. She's going to be absolutely delicious! :tokin:

Everyone have a great day, and...

Go Niners! :cheer:

Chopped the DQ the other day, and chopped the first GR today. The other two GR's get chopped tomorrow.

Chop-chop.

Yield isn't worth a shit. Do better next time.

Patio grow is doing well. Tent dwellers look the same. Haven't reverted to veg yet. Day 7 of 18/6. Probably be another week before I see any change.

Quick update on the tent...

All 4 Infinite Euphoria's are back into veg, and putting on new growth. I FIM'd all 4 this morning. I also decided these are already too tall to scrog. So, with the FIM, they should begin to branch, and as soon as I can take some cuttings, out they go to the patio. That won't take long. Hope the weather holds. The way it's been the last few years, I got no problem til December.

I'll scrog the new clones. FIM them while they're short, get 'em going early.

:peace:

Well, realized a taste over an ounce and a half of the Green Ribbon. Shame. It has a heady high, I can function on it. It has a distinctly "metallic" quality in the flavor of the smoke. I noticed the same metallic element in the fragrance while it was still growing.

The Infinite Euphoria ripened up so she got the rinse and chop. Pretty, frosty buds. Hanging. Has a much sweeter fragrance than the GR. Looking forward to tasting it.

Patio grow looking happy and healthy. About 4 more weeks.

Time to do the burn with some GR, with Fleetwood Mac and David Gilmour playing in the background. :tokin:

Everyone have a great week. :peace:

Thanks, GT.

Brother, there's something about burning my own meds, grown with love and care... Brings me great personal satisfaction.

Dried a little too fast. Hot this year. That's OK. Still bakes my brain...

I've been remiss in the photo taking department lately, so I figured I'd post a few of the patio girls.

Here's a couple of shots of the resurrected IE. She's going to be sweet! I'm guessing the second week of October.

DSCN01949.JPG

DSCN019512.JPG

And the Dream Queen. These are gonna be some beasty buds! At least another three weeks, maybe four...

DSCN01926.JPG

DSCN019610.JPG

The plants in the smaller pots need transplanting. Not gonna bother with most of 'em. Couple of the IE's look good enuf to bother with.

The entire tent grow has been harvested. Yield wasn't worth a shit. The first DQ was small, but tasty. The GR's have a sweet, but somewhat "metallic" quality to their flavor. Haven't tried the IE yet. Gonna cure that real slow.

Not much going on in the tent. Waiting for some branches I can cut. Need to clone the IE's for a scrog.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom