1st Tent For A BAG

I always burn the evidence. A little at a time. :tokin:

I'm going to see what I can find on here about Deep Water Culture. Do a little :reading420magazine:

I'm not completely disabled. I just can't lift 250 pound cylinder heads or put 1280 foot-pounds of torque on a pinion nut ever again. I was a heavy equipment mechanic. I can rebuild and tune a Detroit two stroke in my sleep, just can't torque the bolts any more. 3 decades of that ruin-ated my spine. 8^(

But I can cut holes in buckets.

First tho... I gotta figure out where I'd put it. Cuz it dang sure ain't goin' in the kitchen.

The wife has something to sit on for doing the dishes. Her keester. The daughter is on pearl-divin' duty. But we still don't mess with Momma's cookin' space. The woman is an artist. She can cook. That's why I've been married to her for 39 years. She feeds me. She feeds me well. :love:

BTW... The 4 potted clones that were under the 24" T5... They now live on the patio. The 24" was a jump start to flowering. Now that everything on the patio is starting to bloom, no reason to run up the power bill when Mother Sun will do a better job for free.

There's a huge difference between the indoor and outdoor plants. No where near enough light in that tent for flowering. It's a Mother Keeper, alright. That's OK. Still going to be quite useful. For keeping mothers. D'oh!

:peace:

Mixed 2 teaspoons Tiger Bloom in 1 gallon of water, two drops of pH Down brought it to 5.8, and I fed the GR that got the big rinse yesterday.

The other girls in the tent got 6.5 pH water.

Day 44 of 12/12. Started examining the trichomes. The buds aren't big and fat, and the yield from this tent isn't going to be what I would like. But I'm going for quality too, so watching for them to ripen.

Have to work on yield. Think the real yield this year will come in October, from the patio.

The Infinite Euphoria sure is pretty under the lens. No where near ripe, but she sure is pretty.

Got rambunctious again. There's a vacancy in the tent, so I removed the vacant drip tray, and made some room.

Took the foam board sides off the 24" T5, and hung it vertically in the end of the tent, next to the Infinite Euphoria. Bought the damn thing, might as well use it. Put some lumens on that plant. Put one of the small circulation fans blowing on it. I don't think it'll be a heat problem.

Kept me busy for a few minutes. Pix on the weekend.

I'll be waiting for those pics! Great idea hanging the T5 in the tent.. all the extra lumens you can give your plant right now the more light energy it will have to produce buds.

As for me.. I do all the cooking around here. Kind of comes with the job, and the GF is more than happy to eat all the amazing meals i create. We compromise tho. She hates cooking, and i hate cleaning (although i do help out a bit) So after an 8ish hour shift of cooking, i come home and cook for us, just like after a 10 hour day for her, she comes home and cleans before coming to get me when i'm off work.

What are you going to do in the winter time when you cant grow outside? I know what West Coast winters are like!! I live on the West Coast remember!! Get yourself a space where you can put a 4x4 tent and have a 600w HID in there to really give your babies the light energy they deserve!! Then find a place where you can take that T5 and have a veg area. Then you'll be able to get a perperual grow cycle going!

Here's a quick preview. Hung using a length of 550 para-cord. Just adding what lumens I have available. Plant is about 5-6" from the tubes.

DSCN016613.JPG

No idea what I'm going to do in the winter. I do know I plan to veg some clones in March, and put 'em out in April for a May harvest.

well, try to do what i suggested and see if you can make space for a 4x4 tent, even with an LED in the tent if you're worried about the electricity bill. Youre going to need meds throughout the winter time right? cant just up and stop growing! The Mother Keeper tent will work, but you said you don't think an HPS would work in there

Question.. what are the measurements of the tent?

The Mother Keeper is 23" by 52" by 48" high, internal dims. Not huge. Cool Tube reflectors are cheap on ebay. A Cool Tube reflector with a small HID in it would work, IF it had a reliable fan to keep it cool. But if the fan stops, that ain't good...

Brought up the subject of making some more room in the spare bedroom with the wife. She's uncommitted. But I'm working on it...

Know anyone that wants 50 old years of National Geographic? Neither do I...

:rofl: No thanks brother! it would be used to start camp fires!
And you say cheap? how cheap off ebay?

Heres the way i see it.

you have 2 options (3 sort of)

Option #1: You scrap the flouros in the MK tent, and replace them with a Cooltube reflector. 400w would be enough. grab an inline fan off Scamazon for like $70-90ish that pulls cool air over the bulb in the cooltube. Most inline fans come with lifetime warranty, so IF, and thats a big If, something goes wrong, you can get your money back or a replacement sent to you. I doubt you'll have a problem tho.

Going option #1 means you have to have TWO inline fans in the tent. One for the carbon filter, and one for the lights.

Option #2: Scrap all the flouros and replace them with LED's. I would suggest going with HID, cause i know you can get MAD yields with HID lighting. however, LED's are startin to step their game up and some people are pulling in some serious yields. As i'm sure you know, i'm about to start an LED review journal, reviewing one of the site sponsors smaller LEDs, yet its powerful as hell!! I'll be sure to keep ya informed of how it does.

Going option #2 means you only need one fan to remove hot air and odours from the grow space.

Option #3: Tell the wife to deal with it and get used to being in the tent growing meds for you then. Whos growin this shit? Hahah nah, dont be that forward and blunt. The couch might be your bed for awhile. Ask her if she wants to GROW HER OWN plant. Take up the hobby together. She might also find it therapeutic and it may very well be beneficial for your marriage... ya never know! That will mean getting another grow space.

FUCK Nat Geo magazines!! they're cool and all, but we have the internet these days!

Are they going to grow you good medicine each month? Nope!

They gona pay for your meds from an external supplier cause you're waiting on a harvest because of your space restrictions? Hells no!

Yea it may suck to the wifey that the house is being taken over with plants.. Just let her know it could be worse.. show her the picture of my bathtub and the plant in it and ask her if she would prefer that or another tent? hahaha tell her that you're taking up her closet space and her clothes need to go in a dresser. A new tent will sound like a slice of heaven at that point! She could be sitting down taking a piss next to a 4ft tall mother plant in her bathtub and need a pair of sunglasses, or have nice bubble baths smoking some of that nice herb you grew with some nice candles, cause there was no downtime between grows and harvests.

she might be pissed to high hell at first, she wont be mad forever tho!!!

The std Cool Tube with wings is under $50 delivered to my door. The better model is under $75 delivered. They are double those prices at the store.

I like option 4... Get rid of a lot of this no-longer-used/needed shit, like two large bookcases full of old Nat Geo's, to make room for a 4 by 4 tent, and employ the use of the 600W HPS in an air-cooled hood with high velocity turbine fan that I just bought off CL for a song. 8^)

I've been asked by a good friend to post up a pic of the DQ on the patio. Here she is, in all her glory. And in full bud. I need to get in there and do some defoliating.

DSCN016813.JPG

Here's the "resurrected" Infinite Euphoria. She's a little behind the DQ, but she is going into full bud. She came within inches of being thrown into the trash can.

DSCN016914.JPG

And here's the DQ from the tent, post transplant to soil. Something I noticed when I brought the GR out for the rinse... The indoor plants are green, but they're a faded, dull green. Moving this sweetheart outside is bringing back her color. She's a much brighter green now. Hoping she will continue improving, and plump up those buds.

DSCN017011.JPG

Today is the wife's birthday. Yesterday I got her a birthday present. That present came in a jar, and looks to be quite tasty. And it's not jelly. I think she will enjoy it.

Don't want to jump the gun, but the IE in the tent seems to like the 24" T5 hanging next to it. Photons!

Tell the wife Happy Birthday from BC from Lady GreenThumb and myself!!

glad the DQ is starting to bounce back.. i told ya to just be patient.. these weeds sure have a way of surprising ya!

Thanks, GT. We had a nice day, and Momma is happy. That's good. Cuz if Momma's not happy, nobody's happy.

No kidding they bounce back. That IE on the patio was d-e-d dead. It got so hurt with the pH problems, it really should have landed in the dumpster. But she showed some tiny signs of life, so I watered her, cloned her, and now she's looking to perpetuate her DNA. She's not huge, but she sure is healthy and pretty.

I just tested my old 400W HPS. Sucker works. Lights right up. Bet dollars to donuts the old MH works, too. Brain is going 100 mph in ten different directions. Don't know exactly what's gonna happen yet, but something is in the works. Lights, fans, ducts, tents, pots, pumps, plants... Gas bottles with regulators?

The Big Purge has started. About 60 pounds of old magazines went into the recycle last night, and got picked up this AM. And I get the funny feeling that the local library is going to get a big box of John Grisham and Stephen King paperbacks donated real quick. It will be October before it happens, but there's going be another tent in this house. One with lots of HID light in it.

Love to go LED, but that's not in the cards. Unless we win the lottery. Not gonna hold my breath for that.

I don't know where my head was. Fluorescent tubes my ass.

Hey GT... How do you like those Cool Tube reflectors you put in the big tent? I picked up a used hood, but now I'm not so much in love with it. Has the full glass that hinges. I think I like the tube design better. Seems like it would keep the lamp cooler. That's an issue for me. (Hmmm, maybe the guy at the hydro store will trade. He's got tons of used gear.) Thinking about putting the 400W in the MK tent, and run the exhaust to cool the lamp. Be a lot of exhaust, cuz I think that fan is rated at 370 CFM. That would change out the air in that tent every few seconds. It would be best to set it up to run a completely separate cooling system on the lamp, but that's another hole in the ceiling, and more duct work. The ducting I don't mind, but the first hole pissed the wife off something serious, so I don't know. I've been on that shit list before, and that ain't good...

I'm actually just waiting for my inline fans to get the tent set up and ready. I'll be ordering them today and they should be here early next week.. As for their design, i think its a winner. The tubes aren't overly big, so a 6" fan pulling cold air at a rate of 440CFM is perfect size to cool down TWO cooltubes.

My initial thoughts is... They rock. I got em for a steal by buying a 600w package with ballast and MH and HPS bulbs and a timer and a yo-yo to hang light with for $200. The Cooltube by itself was like $78 or something? $79.99? $89.99 maybe? not very pricey compared to the Return of Investment you'll see on your meds you grow.

Heat is an issue for me, hence why i bought an AC last week. Its slowly cooling down the whole apartment, but once it goes into the spare room where the tents are, it will keep those rooms nice and cold for my 1200w of lights that will be in the big tent..

MY LED in the small tent hardly gives off any heat at all!

Yeah, that's about right on the Cool Tube price on Scamazon. I think it would look good in a 4x4, with a big HPS inside it... And a group of lovely ladies in full bloom beneath it. 8^)

Patio weekend update...

The Dream Queen... Buds developing nicely. I'm guess-timating this to be day 14 of bloom, give or take. Which puts harvest of this one somewhere in the first week of October. We'll see...

DSCN017312.JPG

The resurrected Infinite Euphoria. Little behind the DQ, but definitely going into bud. The nodes on this one are closely spaced, and she doesn't seem to be stretching much. Looking forward to seeing this sweetie pie in a few more weeks.

DSCN017113.JPG

The potted clones. Won't yield much, but will certainly supplement the jars come October.

DSCN017412.JPG

Everyone have a great weekend. :peace:

I have to approach that in the right way. I have to explain about the low yield from the tent, and how we can fix that with a bigger tent that can handle a bigger light. Find a way to make her want it.

But 90% of the shit that goes away to make the room for it will be mine anyway. Not too worried about that. That shit needs to go away anyway.

Plenty of time, and a lot of options open for a winter run.

Finish this summer crop first, tho. Another week or two for the tent, and October for the patio. Looking forward to seeing the patio crop develop.

well do you think that the patio and the tent can put enough in the jars to last you the winter? You wont start seeing any serious yields until you either get some HID lighting in a tent for your ladies, or you put a plant in the ground (not patio) in May and harvest a beast in october. If stealth is an issue, then an outdoor, in the soil grow wont be an option. If you aren't worried about someone ripping off your hard work, then toss a couple plants in the ground!

get that tent up and running with some HID's and have the mother keeper as a veg area. perpetual 1lb harvests should keep you and the wife rolling (literally) in plenty of meds all year round!

Oh, hell no the patio crop won't cover me for the winter. Not a chance. That's gonna get burned in the first few weeks following my treatment in November. And a ground-grow isn't an option. Love to look out the window and see a handful of 12 foot ladies in full bud, but that's not gonna happen any time soon in this town. The only way I'm getting away with the patio grow is the back neighbor can't see it (note the plywood in the pix,) and the one neighbor that could see it is too elderly to climb the fence to look.

Short of the room for a 4x4, I can veg a handful under the T5 tubes in the MK, then change out to a 400W HPS in a Cool-Tube hood with a fan for the 12/12. It's an option. Rather have the additional tent with a 600W, tho. I like the idea of perpetual harvest.

I think I want to learn how to do a SCROG with a Dream Queen. FIM it young, tie it down, and spread it. Give it enough light and nutes, and ohhhh... the buds! (I subbed Dusty's Horror Show. I think that is going to be outrageous!)

That's why I'm here. Learn these techniques for maximizing yield and quality. I have learned a TON from this first foray into tent growing. No small amount from you, GT. I want you to know I truly appreciate the help. A handshake, a big hug, and a puff-puff-pass to you and LGT!
:passitleft:

The GR in croutons needs a feeding today. I think she's gonna get a good dose of Tiger Bloom this morning. Water for everything else.

Everyone got watered this morning. Nice drink @6.5. The crouton GR got most of a gallon with 2 tsp of Tiger Bloom in it, adjusted to 5.8.

Just got back from examining the girls in the tent. The IE is still showing all clear trichomes. The GR's however, are beginning to blush. Not a lot, just a touch, but definitely beginning to ripen. I see trichomes blushing amber. 8^)

Wish I could show you what I see thru that eyepiece. My cam won't do macro, and there's no way to shoot thru an inverted telescope eyepiece. Dang it.

Those budlets may be small, but they sure are pretty! Gonna be pretty damn tasty, too.

Back
Top Bottom