1st Tent For A BAG

Okay... Now that I'm awake and feeling almost human again...

Good news and bad news.

Let's start with the bad news.

Cutting those rooted blocks of RW was a major faux pas. I made a boo-boo! Put the whoop on three of the clones. Hurt 'em. Hurt one of 'em bad.

Now the good news. Two perked back up and look like they're going to be OK. The other good news is I was right about the other two DQ cuttings. Nice, white roots this morning.

So this time, Captain Dum-Dum wised up. This time, he cut a square hole in the bigger block. You know, the one WITHOUT roots growing in it. Ya gotta be smarter than the RockWool. Sometimes, I don't qualify.

DSCN012411.JPG

DSCN01267.JPG

Gonna let these sweeties veg under the light as long as I can. Once the roots pop out of these blocks tho, it's time to pot em. That means outside on the patio, and probably straight into bud. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Big buds and a happy, red-eyed buzz to all! :tokin:

bummer about the faux pas. Can you "MacGyver" them? :morenutes:

faux pas here to. just walking through a few plants like I did a week ago, either they got bigger or I got bigger. Took a limb of Dream Queen with me by tromping through. A nice one I didn't want to break :loopy:

Big buds and a happy, red-eyed buzz to you, too.

Hi, Lady Toker!

Well, I think they're about as MacGyvered as they're going to get. Two came back pretty quickly, and the damage wasn't too bad. Lost a leaf on each. The third tho, it got a whoopin'. Lost all its leaves. Pretty much looks like a top on a stick now. If it comes back, kool. If not, shame on me. 8^(

Sorry to hear about the limb. But if yours looks anything like mine, there are a lot more limbs still there! I like Dream Queen. Shrubby, and oh, so tasty. 8^)

:peace:

Those stems on the Green Ribbon are super super red. It looks like a possible Phosphorus deficiency. I cant remember what nutrients your using.. FF right? grow big and big bloom? I have no experience with this product, but looking it up. DAMN.. if you are using only Big Bloom, i would go get some FF Tiger Bloom. That stuff has some serious Phosphorus in it. the Big bloom looks like its N-P-K is 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7. Thats seriously low for flower i think. FF Tiger Bloom is 2 - 8 - 4, Much higher amounts of required minerals for flowering. I'm sure you would see a dramatic increase in your plants overall vigor and bud production.

That plant looks nice so far, would hate to see it not properly develop due to lack of nutrients for flowering.

Thanks, GT. I put a couple pix up in a post under Problems and Pests, but so far, yours is the only response addressing the red stems.

I'll pick up some Tiger Bloom tomorrow. Hydro store is less than a mile from the house. But they're closed today.

Truth be told, I was beginning to wonder. The DQ's I grew in April seemed to develop bigger buds a lot faster. Those girls were amazing. 2 oz each off of 16" tall cola-on-a-stick plants, in 61 days of flowering. These seem... anemic. I'll try the Tiger Bloom.

I was just thinking they should be bulking up real nice instead they look a bit lanky and leggy.

I dont use FF nutes mainly cause they aren't available in Canada plus I'm very happy with Gen Hydro's 3 Part Flora series. Lots of essentials for plant growth. I also supplement with Cal/mag too, so far so good

The GR's really stretched when I switched the photo-period. I know about the stretching going into bloom, but those girls really stretched. Started out leggy, and got leggier. (Is that a word?) BIG Sativa component in that DNA.

Now for this morning's news. Had a look at the clones under the 24" light. The ones I hoped would stay there for a couple of weeks... Talk about an exercise in futility. NBD, tho. More on that later.

Three DQ cuttings were taken on the 11th of July, dipped and placed into 1.5" RW blocks. Two weeks later, they had major beard action going, so I put them, along with (almost) all the other cuttings, taken on the 16th, into 3" RW blocks. Just postponing the inevitable. Less than 6 days later, I find this...

DSCN013410.JPG

So, I did this... (These are the 3 cut on the 11th.)

DSCN013918.JPG

This is one of the IE's (center) that got hurt when I made the mistake of cutting the rooted blocks of RW. Looks pretty pitiful, doesn't it?

DSCN013611.JPG

Well, it can't be hurt THAT bad. I can't explain it...

DSCN013810.JPG

In the first pic I posted today, note the one cutting still in the 1.5" block. That was the one DQ (cut on the 16th) that "didn't take." So I trimmed it, redipped it, and put it right back in the same block. Well, guess what? No 3" block for her, she's going straight into Supersoil as soon as I get some more pots from Wally World.

I don't want to sound my own horn, but I'm starting to get this "root the cutting" shit down! A great big :thanks: to my very dear friend for the tip he gave me. Works like a charm, bro! :love:

Most of the other clones still under the 24" light will get transplanted into pots this afternoon. They all have major beard action growing out of the 3" blocks, too. Not complaining, just busy. The patio is getting too crowded. (My [grown] daughter has a good friend that has a small closet grow he started recently. I understand he has a card and is legal under 215, and that he lost a couple of clones. From what my daughter has told me, he has the same pH problem I had. First I'll make damn sure he's legal, then I think I might gift him a couple of these, and make a good friend myself. Not doing this for dough, doing it for blaze. I'm also going to take my pH pen over there and show him why his clones died. He's on the same side of the boulevard as me. Damned city water!)

Another update this afternoon, after I make a run to Wally's and the hydro store.

One other thing... Some good news, from my perspective.

I realize now that I was wrong as two left shoes about the patio grow. NOT in bud. Tons and tons of pre-flowers all over everything, but not in bud. Still in veg, and growing like weeds. Gee, how about that? More veg time. :slide:

Grass, grass everywhere... And not a nug to smoke. 8^(

I need some pots and a bottle of Tiger Bloom...

Minor edit... I'll talk to the hydro guy today. Might pick up some of that cal-Mag, too. One of the potted clones on the patio has some nasty looking spots on a couple of leaves. I REALLY hate nute deficiencies.

Everyone, please have a wonderful day! :circle-of-love:

Those spots look like nutrient splash that burned onto the leaf.

Cal/mag is a good addition to your nutrient regiment, and very important if you use distilled or RO water, as your plants wont have enough calcium and magnesium intake.

I'm lucky to have next to pure water (7.1 ph) with very little or no chloramine or chlorine in our water supply, but problem is i need to supplement with Cal/mag, if i dont then i experience rust spots and the underside of stems turn purple until i fee with Cal/mag like i did recently and cleared up my cal mag deficiency

:thanks: for the advice, GT. I really do appreciate the help.

Nute splash. OK. I certainly can't argue with that, cuz it's only the one, and all 6 have received the same water/light/feed/treatment. No idea how it happened, tho. Hmmm... That's a noggin scratcher.

Got the Tiger Bloom, and a bottle of cal/mag. Bit of a trick adjusting the pH, cuz the cal/mag has acid in it. Really kicked the pH down. Once I got that figured out, I mixed up a gallon of H2O, 1/4 tsp cal/mag, and 2 tsp Tiger Bloom, adjusted the pH to 6.5, and fed the two GR's in soil. Then I mixed up a gallon of the same, adjusted to 5.8 pH, and fed the GR in the RW croutons. I'll save the other half of that gallon for the DQ in RW, following the next watering. She already had a case of nute burn, don't want to over-do it again.

Got a question about the cal/mag, tho. The bottle says aerate it for a while after mixing. That's gonna be a problem. The only source of air I have to pump thru it is a 6 HP, 33 gallon, 120 PSIG shop air compressor. Don't have an aquarium. Never did. Makes it a little tough. Will failure to aerate that stuff screw things up?

Got some 6" pots at WW, and I'll get the other clones potted this afternoon.

Someone has been busy, potting his clones.

DSCN014312.JPG

There were 4 others that were previously potted, that are conspicuously missing from this pic. 2 IE's, 1 GR, and 1 DQ. I'll take a pic of them tomorrow morning, when the 24" T5 comes back on.

After 12 hours of darkness. 8^)

Trying to repeat what happened in April/May. Those were some NICE colas.

Weed everywhere, and not so much as a friggin' roach to puff. Talk about depressing. 8^(

Any air pump works. Got a Wally World nearby? Walmart sells cheap aquarium pumps for like $20 that would be more than adequate for aerating your Cal/mag. I've never actually aerated my nutrient solution before watering, since I grow in DWC, the system itself aerates the water and nutrients.

However, when i am soaking rockwool or preparing to germinate seeds, i will always aerate my water, as i use a water soluble mycorrhizae that requires aeration to activate the beneficial bacteria

Hmmm... I might have to make another run to Wally World. Or maybe I can bum one from my buddy. He used to have multiple aquariums. I wonder if he's got a pump I can bum... Money's tight this month.

Are ya reading this, bro? Then you know what I'm gonna ask, before I come over... D'oh!!! :)

Ooops... Apologies. I promised a pic of this. Giving them a jump on Autumn.

DSCN01469.JPG

Day 2 of 12/12. Propped 3 of 'em up, cuz that IE in the back is a tall girl. Added a couple lengths of 2x6 under the stand for extra height. Gonna need it, cuz that GR is gonna stretch like a rubber band.

That pitiful little thing in the middle is the top-on-a-stick. Not expecting much from her. Too bad, so sad.

The wife is at Wally World right now, with instructions to pick up 2 white foam boards from the art dept. Front and back walls for the 24". Mostly for reflectivity. I do need another small fan for it, tho.

But rest assured, once that timer kicks off, unless someone opens the door, there is NO light in that room. Not so much as a single photon. And the entire household has instructions... That door stays closed. And they know better than to poke the bear.

The wife is at Wally World right now, with instructions to pick up 2 white foam boards from the art dept. Front and back walls for the 24". Mostly for reflectivity. I do need another small fan for it, tho.

But rest assured, once that timer kicks off, unless someone opens the door, there is NO light in that room. Not so much as a single photon. And the entire household has instructions... That door stays closed. And they know better than to poke the bear.

Are you certain that no light enters the room? not even from under the door? any light leaks during the dark period in the flowering stage of the cannabis plants life will cause stress and in turn cause your cannabis plants to turn hermaphroditic, and your yields will suffer as the plant will spend its energy trying to reproduce and then when its forming seeds.

I am absolutely confident that there is NO light in that room with the 24" T5 off, and the door closed. The bedroom window has been sealed shut from light since I set up the Jump Start light and the humidity dome for cloning. As long as that door is closed, it is pitch dark in there.

I found the Dream Queen in the tent looking like she's getting nute burn again. No idea how. Since the big rinse on the 23rd, she's been fed exactly once. She got a half gallon of 1 Tbl Fox Farm Big Bloom in a gallon of 5.8 pH water, the other half gallon going to the Green Ribbon. Other than that, 5.8 pH water alone. Gave her a gallon of 5.8 pH water this morning. Running out the bottom, into the tray. Lot of pistils turning orange, too. Hell, she might even be root-bound. I have a bigger pot, but it won't fit in the tent. Damn sure don't want to move her to the patio. Talk about stress.

I did make a couple of changes. Put the exhaust fan on another timer. Off overnight, runs for 15 minutes out of every two hours during the day, starting two hours into the light period. Temps with it on are hanging at 83°F with the probe near the tops, and max out at 87°F with the fan off. RH has been right at 52%. Then I put the poor-man's-CO2 back in. Don't know if it's going to do any good, but it can't hurt. I'll change the fluid in that once a week. Nickel a week for (some) CO2.

Stems on the GR's have faded to a light purple. Hope the cal/mag is helping.

The green ribbons i looked at showed signs of Phosphorus deficiency, not Calcium or magnesium.. The FF Big Bloom does not contain as much phosphorus, which is essential during flowering, as the FF Tiger Bloom.

Again, i dont use these nutrients, but cannabis plants still require the same minerals and such during their lives, and Phosphorus is a very key element in the cannabis' flowering cycle. My Gen Hydro's Flora Bloom's N-P-K is 0-5-4. Tiger bloom is 2-8-4 i believe, which is a ton of phosphorus for flowering. The Big Bloom you are using has a N-P-K of 0.01-0.3-0.7, which is very low. When reading the information on Big Bloom on the FF website, it sounds almost more like a compost tea rather than a flowering nutrient.

Truth be told, I think the entire grow is nute deficient. Got the Tiger Bloom, and going to feed everything. Gave the second half of the gallon I mixed the other day to the DQ in the tent. Not nute burn, phosphorus deficiency. Next time around, straight water for the entire grow, then a full dose of Tiger Bloom for the entire tent.

And the DQ out on the patio really looks like she's starting to bud. She's getting some Tiger Bloom, too.

Back
Top Bottom