1st time closet growing

you don't even need nutes at all, regardless of which type of soil you're using. especially with the MG soil, you DEFF dont' wanna feed the girls for the first month at least. If you need to after that go with 1/8 - 1/4 the strength on the bottle, (first hand experience) i killed my first crop with MG soil and using nutrients too soon. that's when i went to the hydro store and invested $100 in some Fox Farms Ocean Forrest. :ganjamon: it's a much better soil medium for the fact that you can control your babies nutrient schedule as much as possible. very aerated allowing for roots to breath. Me personally I use a mixture of 3/4 FFof and 1/4 Hydroton I have to water a bit more frequently but it lets the girls breath a little better.

dutchmasters, i had just transplanted last week or so into some organic soil and with some MG perlite, i didnt rinse it or anything, havent had to feed the kids yet but they are looking very happy!

dont be afraid to use the MG perlite if thats all you have, like others said, just dont add any extra nutes for a while and you will be fine.

-RC

here they are!!!! i think i messed up (((((comments please)))))
grow_pics_0121.jpg

grow_pics_0151.jpg

grow_pics_014.jpg

grow_pics_013.jpg

grow_pics_016.jpg

^ what is happening did i do something wrong???

You could have definitely added more perlite. Just don't water too much. ;-) What's your ph of the solution you are using to water? Looks like the start of a nute deficiency which is caused by a ph issue. If you feel brave, I'd redo the soil and add more perlite. Don't worry about the soil around the roots. Also, go ahead and fill the pots up to the top with soil.

Hey Dutch, you definitely want to check both the pH of your soil and the water you're using to water your girls. try to keep it around 6.5 if you can, IMO the only water i've ever used on Lucy is good ol' tap, 2 days before watering day I fill a large enough container and let it sit out so the chlorine evaps, pH should be b/w 6.8-7.2 if it's a day you add nutes, check your pH after you add the nutes as well. Good luck to ya bro! keep asking those questions, it's the only way to get answers.

and btw, entirely up to you, but you may want to lower the bottom cord around your girl for the LST job. you literally want the plant growing horizontally so as to promote side branching.
other than that you're doing fine my friend, keep growing, keep learning! :ganjamon:
+rep for luck!

Back
Top Bottom