1st Time Grower - Afghan Kush - 100W CFL Lights - Organic Soil

Very nice man! I like it a lot. How strong does she smell? I want to try Afghani too! Cheers and keep it up! :love: :Namaste:

Thank you my dude! The smell has a really Danky lemony smell to it. I can't smell it sometimes but when friends come over right when they step in my front door they say the smell is strong and I keep it in my room closet lol I'll keep you guys updated more often especially since It might be ready to harvest soon. Cheers brotha!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here are just a couple pics of the purple I was talking about its only on the two main tops of the plant. I'm just curious what it might indicate. It's a Sativa and in its 10/11 week of flowering. Feel free to leave any feedback. Cheers

420-magazine-mobile33382148.jpg
420-magazine-mobile432857337.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1770680980.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1715553990.jpg

Hard to tell, but I think you can cut if she is not pushing more. Or wait few more days and let her ripe some more. Hard to tell without the magnifier of microscope. I think great buds are definitely there right now! Great job. Enjoy! :love: :Namaste:

Hard to tell, but I think you can cut if she is not pushing more. Or wait few more days and let her ripe some more. Hard to tell without the magnifier of microscope. I think great buds are definitely there right now! Great job. Enjoy! :love: :Namaste:

I think I'm a go ahead and cut it tomorrow. It seems like the top doesn't have as much of crystals or tri combs as it did a couple weeks ago. No white hairs have came out except for one on a small bud but other than that all hairs have been brown. It seems like a small grow but I believe if I would have used the blooming nutes along with other ones I would have got a bigger batch compared to this one. But hey it's my first one and I loved the process of it. Next time I know the deal and how to manage them. You advice and feedback have been much help I appreciate it!

I think I'm a go ahead and cut it tomorrow. It seems like the top doesn't have as much of crystals or tri combs as it did a couple weeks ago. No white hairs have came out except for one on a small bud but other than that all hairs have been brown. It seems like a small grow but I believe if I would have used the blooming nutes along with other ones I would have got a bigger batch compared to this one. But hey it's my first one and I loved the process of it. Next time I know the deal and how to manage them. You advice and feedback have been much help I appreciate it!

Glad I could help. I think the quality will be excellent.

So I officially trimmed down the plant and it is now hanging upside down by the help of a hanger inside where it grew (in the closet) Idk if I'm over reading and overthinking things but idk if it's bad to put it to harvest with so much green leaves instead of those yellow/lime green looking leaves. I stopped giving it nutrients about 3 weeks ago a month max maybe so it's been flushed enough I would think. And also is there any important advice or info when harvesting? From my understanding, I will keep it upside down in the closet in for 5-7 days. I will leave my closet door open so there is airflow. I will also try to make sure there is not much light hitting it while its in there. Once it's ready I will cut it down and put it in a glass jar once the stems have a nice little snap to them when broken. I will then keep the buds in the jar for 2-4 weeks? Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE lol

So I officially trimmed down the plant and it is now hanging upside down by the help of a hanger inside where it grew (in the closet) Idk if I'm over reading and overthinking things but idk if it's bad to put it to harvest with so much green leaves instead of those yellow/lime green looking leaves. I stopped giving it nutrients about 3 weeks ago a month max maybe so it's been flushed enough I would think. And also is there any important advice or info when harvesting? From my understanding, I will keep it upside down in the closet in for 5-7 days. I will leave my closet door open so there is airflow. I will also try to make sure there is not much light hitting it while its in there. Once it's ready I will cut it down and put it in a glass jar once the stems have a nice little snap to them when broken. I will then keep the buds in the jar for 2-4 weeks? Correct me if I'm wrong PLEASE lol

You don't need to flush organic living soil, only if you use bottled nutes. You can decide to harvest when the trichomes are the color you want them to be. Many info about that on the forums. The longer you let the buds cure the better. Just check the jars for droplets of water on the glass and under the lid. The stem snapping is right. Then close tight and let sit in some dark cold place without many temperature changes. You will get it right no worries! Good luck! :thumb: :Namaste:

You don't need to flush organic living soil, only if you use bottled nutes. You can decide to harvest when the trichomes are the color you want them to be. Many info about that on the forums. The longer you let the buds cure the better. Just check the jars for droplets of water on the glass and under the lid. The stem snapping is right. Then close tight and let sit in some dark cold place without many temperature changes. You will get it right no worries! Good luck! :thumb: :Namaste:

Thank you so much my dude! Sending positive vibes and hope you enjoy your holidays! I will keep you updated how it's going in about a week. Thank you once again my friend!

UPDATE: It is now finished drying and I have trimmed it and put it in a glass jar. From what I have researched I now have to keep the container in a dark place and I have to "burp it" and leave it open up to 30 minutes each day for the whole first week up to two times a day? Then after the following week I have to open it up to 10-15 minutes a 2-3 times a week?

Last night was the first night in the jar and when I opened it the top of the glass felt kinda of wet so I left it open today for 30-40 minutes

UPDATE: It is now finished drying and I have trimmed it and put it in a glass jar. From what I have researched I now have to keep the container in a dark place and I have to "burp it" and leave it open up to 30 minutes each day for the whole first week up to two times a day? Then after the following week I have to open it up to 10-15 minutes a 2-3 times a week?

You want it to be dry so that the stems snap, around 60% humidity. If you dry it too much it will not cure properly.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom