1st Time Grower - Afghan Kush - 100W CFL Lights - Organic Soil

UPDATE: so I ended transplanting this babygirl and I must say I am seeing her thrive in her new pot dramatically today is day 2 in her new home and I can tell she's loving it. Thank you guys for the 411 and help on transplanting! I'm planning on buying another light and add It. Here's some pics of how she's lookin now

420-magazine-mobile1559019235.jpg
420-magazine-mobile367310140.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2117675714.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1245318830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Very, nice she looks happy, just keep the lights close and give her some love, and she will turn just right. Happy growing. :Namaste:

UPDATE: sory for posting so much updates lol but this girl here has grown dramatically after the transplant. Since I'm growing it indoors I have very little space so I am thinking of putting it through flowering stage very soon! Please leave any advice or tips if you'd like
420-magazine-mobile958696408.jpg
420-magazine-mobile997988456.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1537569313.jpg
420-magazine-mobile527578512.jpg
420-magazine-mobile274611629.jpg

Beautiful looking plant, thriving indeed, great job friend,,

As for the tinfoil, well, not gonna hurt really, not with cfl lights ten inches away, but not gonna help either, imo, for same reason. One note about tinfoil, for reflectors, it can be an issue with more powerful lights, or closer lights, can cause hotspots of reflected light, that can burn the plant,, just keep an eye on things, like y'all do,, cheers dro

Beautiful looking plant, thriving indeed, great job friend,,

As for the tinfoil, well, not gonna hurt really, not with cfl lights ten inches away, but not gonna help either, imo, for same reason. One note about tinfoil, for reflectors, it can be an issue with more powerful lights, or closer lights, can cause hotspots of reflected light, that can burn the plant,, just keep an eye on things, like y'all do,, cheers dro

Thank you bud!

Hmm I never really thought of the tinfoil like that wow lol thank you for that advise. I will definitely be more careful about that thank you!
Quick 2 questions my plant is begin inning to show its gender which is a female luckily! The hairs are beginning to come out. Can I keep it in veg stage for a little longer or should I start thinking about flowering stage soon?
And also I decided to FIM this girl and everything went great, It has two long stems growing like it should. Can I do the same process, FIM or topping, to it?

Sure ya can. Couple points to consider maybe. First, the flowers showing now are preflowers. Showing you the srx of the plant and also telling you the plant is mature enuf to put to flower. But does not have to be. One can actually put a plant to flower right from seed if one wants to. So. You can top it again. Sure. But might not want to if putting to flower right away. Maybe top now if putting to flower two weeks from now. Choice is yours and no one elses

Cheers

Thank you bud!

Hmm I never really thought of the tinfoil like that wow lol thank you for that advise. I will definitely be more careful about that thank you!
Quick 2 questions my plant is begin inning to show its gender which is a female luckily! The hairs are beginning to come out. Can I keep it in veg stage for a little longer or should I start thinking about flowering stage soon?
And also I decided to FIM this girl and everything went great, It has two long stems growing like it should. Can I do the same process, FIM or topping, to it?

Hi man, she is surely growing nicely. As nivek said tinfoil is not good at reflecting light at all, and the less shiny side actually reflects more light than the shiny one. You are better off with some glossy white paint or anything non transparent and white. You can also use reflective foil used to block sunlight to a car's windshield. As for the FIM/Top: if you have the time and space you can surely top and veg for longer. Good luck and happy growing. :Namaste:

Good day fellow growers! Hope everyone is having a good one. I have a question, im ready to put this girl thru flowering stage. Is it a necessity to cut off some lower branches before it goes to flower? Im hesitating because I'm not to sure which branches to take off even after seeing some videos. And also is there anything important or steps to be included before putting it to flower?

Good day fellow growers! Hope everyone is having a good one. I have a question, im ready to put this girl thru flowering stage. Is it a necessity to cut off some lower branches before it goes to flower? Im hesitating because I'm not to sure which branches to take off even after seeing some videos. And also is there anything important or steps to be included before putting it to flower?

You can prune all the really small branches and those which do not receive much light. The biggest buds are gonna be on the main branches. Happy growing! :love: :Namaste:

UPDATE: it's about to be 2 weeks this weekend since I put this girl to flower so far so good I'm beginning to see little buds and more orange hair come out.. How many times should I water it now? I don't want to over water :/
420-magazine-mobile1505113894.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1557458623.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1128966355.jpg

Great job so far friend,, cheers

There is no hard and fast law as to how to water now. You are correct tho, you do not want to over water. Keep the same routine going, perhaps the only change is to not let the pot dry out as much from now on,, keep them roots workin. My flowering plants require watering every three days, not a second longer or they wilt. Best karma sent to yer plants dro,, keep em up, and green,,

UPDATE: it's been a while since I last posted. I believe I'm close to 4/5 weeks into flowering. How will I know when flowering stage is done. Feel free to Leave any feedback, comments etc
420-magazine-mobile1519527041.jpg
420-magazine-mobile919835952.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1716619692.jpg
420-magazine-mobile613284663.jpg

Nice man, you can tuck or cut some of the top fan leaves that shade buds below. Keep it up she looks great, thank you for sharing!

Nice man, you can tuck or cut some of the top fan leaves that shade buds below. Keep it up she looks great, thank you for sharing!

Thank you brotha! I'm not to sure which ones to trim so I just finish tucking some leaves to expose the bud more. I just did the math and it seems this girl has been in the flowering stage for about 6/7 weeks. I been giving it pure clean water with no nutrients. I'm thinking of getting it the blooming nutes to feed it. Do you think that's a good idea?

She looks like still blooming. You can tell if she is ready by the color of trichomes. Those are the tiny hairs on leaves and buds. You can cut by their color. Afghan Kush should flower for 8-9 weeks so you can give her some nutes, but she is nice and green and doesn't seem to need any. The soil is decent. Very nice green color. You are doing great, no worries she will be ready in 2 weeks. If you can get some 60x ++ magnifier and you can look for yourself. :love: :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey sorry about the lack of posting! I was planning on posting some pictures today actually lol The grow is still alive. It has been in flowering for about 10/11 weeks already so I'm wondering if it's about to be done. I last checked it with a magnify glass (which I misplaced so I have to order a new one) about 3 weeks ago and it still had some time to go. It it is a sativa so I'm hoping its barely reaching its peak. I will post some pics in a couple minutes.

So here's a couple pictures of how it's doing. I forgot to mention some leaves on the top are starting to turn a little purplish too. Feel free to leave comments, feedback etc. happy Friday hope everyone is having a good one!

420-magazine-mobile155525412.jpg
420-magazine-mobile980260306.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2119060174.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1687445173.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1505089098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1682569563.jpg

Very nice man! I like it a lot. How strong does she smell? I want to try Afghani too! Cheers and keep it up! :love: :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom