1st Time Cookie Kush CFL Closet Grow

johnnyblazeon

Hey there everyone

Recently signed up after reading so many journals and thought id give it a blast! This grow log of mine will be slightly vague as to be quiet honest im terrible at keeping track of time

But here are my 3 cookie kush girls from some hermed weed i smoked (plant at the very back is a younger cookie kush plant which I may dispose of due to lack of light and space.. Less is more sometimes right? If not be sure to let me know!)

First grow ive done by myself. I do however have a little knowledge from helping friends previously (emphasis on little) but heres my setup

11w 6700k cfl bulb(due a change to something more suitable for flowering)
125w red spec cfl bulb
No fans for the time being i know i know im investing in one asap
No carbon filter.. Using some smell jell from my local hydro shop odc or ocd i think it was called smells pukka and seems to be doing its job for now but will it be enough?
Nutes and medium
Biobizz allmix
Dutch pro bloom a+b (used there veg nutes aswell)
Dutch pro explode
Buddha tree pk 9 18

I tried topping and fimming during veg stage my main training method however had been lst trying to keep them short and bushy with an even(ish) canopy.

I was going to try 12 12 from seed but i ended up 18 6 for the first 3 weeks to try and give them a chance to give me something decent no point making them miss on light if its not mature enough to enter flowering period?
I THINK these have now been on 12 12 light for the last 2 or 3 weeks but yeab here we are guys id love some advice some critism (constructive please lol) and any questions ect also anyone else tried growing cookie kush or anyone had experience using cfls as this is the first time ive ever f**ked with them..
Thanks JB

420-magazine-mobile1486606357.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1473314616.jpg
420-magazine-mobile475828534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1586049058.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1223902846.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1730454547.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello fellow smokers and growers..
Well in a little predicament here when am i in 3 weeks of flowering? Is this 3 weeks after i switch to 12 12 or 3 weeks after it shows preflower? Think i may of started the pk a little early have yet to check up on them if i have can i flush the plants out even though the soil will still be wet? (watered a day ago) or will this drown them? Will upload the progress by the end of the week! Thanks JB

Heya friend,, best karma sent yer way,, lookin just fine so far, plants lookin healthy,, couple things,,iffin ya don't mind,,

Too late to repot, I would say, not whilst in flower, some might not agree, my opinion only

The lights, I maybe don't need to mention you could use more light, but i will mention to get em close,, cfls can be oh so close

P1160568.JPG

Even closer than that,, an inch away,, my motto,, with cfls, if its two inches away, its too far,, cfls are notoriously weak at pumping light any distance at all,, get em close please

And one can buy a 'doubler' for the light socket, can put two bulbs in one socket, cool

Go easy on the nutes, one more thing I might mention,, so easy to overnute,, and so hard for the plant to recover from overnutes,, not sayin you overnuted, just to be careful is all

Cheers for now friend

Was beggining to think i was talking to myself man thanks for the feedback appreciated. Yeah i did think so about the repotting and thanks for the advice on the light constantly worrying about my lack of light in there to be honest and how low my yeild will be. Would it be worth grtting a 250w hps or just extra cfl? Wanted to try the cfls as ive never had any experience with them but now concerned about a small yeild? Id be happy for oz per plant or is this abot adventurous? i will deffo get on the doubler too i just a power suply that will pump enough into the bulbs i will invest over the next couple days! Sorry for the questions

One can do a fine grow on cfls, I do, just fine, to ask for an oz per plant is not unreasonable at all, right where your thinking should be, imo.

Two things one does not need to worry about using cfls,, and only one thing one 'does' need to worry about. Bad first,, haha,, cfls cost money, initial expense is relatively considerable. Thats it for the bad,, now the good,, the cost to run them is next to nothing,, not even a consideration, pennies, not dollars, or even quarters,, and,, power used, next to nothing as well, one can plug a lotto cfls into one circuit,, properly tho, no messing with electricity, nadda

A lotto info in my siggy about electrical stuff, and cfls,, there is a tonno info to research friend, its all here, on this site,, more than you can ever imagine,,

Cheers

The electrical thread in my sig has all the formulas for figuring power used etc,, somewhere in there

Simple answer, as much as possible,, the relationship between amount of light and quality of bud is absolute

I have a 125 w blue spec light i used for veg would using this along side my red spec 125 do it justiceor am ibetter off investing in another red spec one or multiple small ones sorry for all the question lack of punctuation and excuse any bad grammer and spelling hard earn sour diesel zoot after a busy work shift.

all good friend,, :passitleft:

all light is good, regardless of spectrum,, tho some spectrum is better for veg, some better for flower, but,, all light is good

Quick picture update after a little lst and moving fan leaves ect out the way.. Thoughts on defol? From comman sence wouldnt it be better to just keep moving them if possible and avoid hurting them when they could be pushed aside to catch whatever light they can? Seen a lot of arguments for and against admittedly i did trim 3 of the most scragly looking branches of 1 plant the other day to see if it would have any negative effect short term and long term but not exactly a fair experiment on just one plant out of three.. Im rambling on anyway guys have a good night to anyone who happens to stumble across my humble little closet grow.. Peace!

I have zero experience with hps, can only say to keep far away and move closer over time,, must be a tonno info on hps etiquette, I am sure,, best karma sent friend

I'm rather new at all this but I thought the HPS put off a lot of heat (compared to CFL and LED), might be an issue for you in a tighter space, think that's why most cabinet grows are with LED or CFL due to lack of ventilation (or lower end ventilation).

Back
Top Bottom