1st Time Grower! CFL - Small Personal Closet Grow

Re: 1st time Grower! CFL, small personal closet grow

you will now see how quick the growth at the nodes grows, when the top of the plant is no longer the top all the other branches at the nodes go crazy and start growing towards the light, so as long as you keep the tip of the main stem below the top of the plant or running horizontal then the nodes will suddenly start growing quicker and become the new tops of the plant, i also trained the lower branches as well so instead of letting the lower branches grow upwards i pulled them out towards the sides so they was running sideways as well, this then made the node growth on the branches suddenly wake up and start growing, so now my plants in flower are only 4 nodes high, but the growth on the lower branches is now level with the top of the plant.

if you keep us updated with pics then we can do our best to help you get it lst'd, but you got teSmp on the case so im sure you will have no problems

alright. Thanks you guys have been a real help

002956.JPG
001931.JPG

What are the spots on the leaves? I always check my plant to see if i see any bugs on it but i haven't found any

it could be a number of things, are you using any nutes at the moment, miracle grow soil can cause this in younger plants as it contains slow release nutes that cause loads of growth and stunted plant problems,
or it could be that you have been spraying the leaves with water while the lights was close to the plant, if your going to foliar feed them with water then its best to do it just before the lights go out or just before the lights come on, this prevents any light burn on the leaves, i made a huge mistake and kept spraying mine when they was in flower, and it totally burned 2 whole buds, i was told to cut them off but i left them and their starting to grow back now, it looks as if i had been near the buds with a lighter and frazzled them, but i think it was me spraying the plants that caused the problem so i stopped spraying and i have had no more problems since.

so are you using nutes and if so how much are you using,

are the plants over watered at all

do you spray the leaves with water, it either looks like a nute problem, ie to much nutes, or it looks like water on the leaves, if it was nute burn i think the patches would be a lot bigger so i think we can rule that out unless its something in the soil, but it could just be that the lights are to close to the plant

i cant really tell by the picture but does the tip of each leaf have a yellow patch if so then chances are its a nute problem or water problem, either lack of or to much

it could be a number of things, are you using any nutes at the moment, miracle grow soil can cause this in younger plants as it contains slow release nutes that cause loads of growth and stunted plant problems,
or it could be that you have been spraying the leaves with water while the lights was close to the plant, if your going to foliar feed them with water then its best to do it just before the lights go out or just before the lights come on, this prevents any light burn on the leaves, i made a huge mistake and kept spraying mine when they was in flower, and it totally burned 2 whole buds, i was told to cut them off but i left them and their starting to grow back now, it looks as if i had been near the buds with a lighter and frazzled them, but i think it was me spraying the plants that caused the problem so i stopped spraying and i have had no more problems since.

so are you using nutes and if so how much are you using,

are the plants over watered at all

do you spray the leaves with water, it either looks like a nute problem, ie to much nutes, or it looks like water on the leaves, if it was nute burn i think the patches would be a lot bigger so i think we can rule that out unless its something in the soil, but it could just be that the lights are to close to the plant

From all those things you said all that im doing is using miracle grow. is that bad soil? what should i do?

If you're using the organic miracle grow, it's not bad soil, it's just doesn't contain enough nutrients to sustain cannabis. They're not houseplants. You just need to amend your soil. Check out Doc Bud, Vapedog, or Icemuds journals. Lotta organic info. But there are better soil for weed on the market.
:peace:

Keep it Growing Chronicly !!​

ok, so if your not adding nutes and your only watering when the pot is totally dry, you can check this by filling an empty pot with dry compost and compare the weight then only water when the pot with the plant in is the same weight as the dry pot, a lot of new growers over water their plants, i did it and stunted most of mine for the 1st 2 weeks, then i got it sorted and was giving them a good watering every 4 days so that the water was draining out the bottom of pot then id stop watering and not water again till 4 sometimes 5 days later.

now the problem with miracle grow is its made for household plants and contains nutes that benefit these plants, this is to much nutes for the plants we are growing, miracle grow is also no good for young plants due to the high nute content, also miracle grow is slow release nutes and keeps releasing these over time, so when you do come to add nutes to the soil it causes problems as you wont know whats in the soil till your plants starts stressing out and showing signs its not happy.

what size pot are they in not, if their in the 1st pot and need to go into bigger pots then id get some different compost, i buy mine at £1 each from pound shops and super markets, the garden centers charge £10 for the same bag i get for a quid so i know its ok to use, it says its john innes which is the best to use, it contains john innes which is all the peat moss and stuff like that, the good stuff these plants lile miracle grow contains loads of stuff to improve the compost quality where as other brands just use good quality stuff to start off with so dont need to add anything to the soil, so if your going to put them into bigger pots then id get some new compost and fill the pot with it, then let the pot dry the plants in then tip it upside down to slide the plant out, then break off a small piece of the miracle grow compost and remove what you can from the plant, dont remove to much as you will damage the roots causing a worse problem, so remove what you can then put the plant in the new soil and after a few days the roots will be in the new soil and the plant will improve.

how ever growers have used miracle grow and got great results, you just dont add nutes till you can see the plant needs it, like if the new growth is light green and not dark green then you know its needs the N part of NPK in the nutrients, so instead of giving nutes early on with normal compost say after 2 weeks or more then you would hold off till your plants show you signs they need something extra.

if your plants are in the pots your going to flower them in then i wouldnt mess about with the compost, just dont use if for the next grow you do, miracle grow is just wrong for these plants it based more for house plants and mature plants, its not much good for seedling and can stop seedlings growing due to the stuff the compost contains so next time use something else, you dont need to spend a fortune i got the cheapest i could and i could if got miracle grow at £1 per bag but i didnt i chose something else due to what i had heard about miracle grow, so if you are in your pot your going to flower in then dont worry about it to much it will sort itself out just dont get adding any nutes to early,

make sure your not watering to often, i started watering every day or 2 days and this badly stunted my plants and as soon as i held off with the water they then really started growing,

so by the sounds of it id say the problem is the soil, as your plants have made it this far then they should be ok, just dont use any nutes till the plant looks like it needs it

thanks for chipping in chronic, i am just going on what people have said about miracle grow, it gets a lot of bad press when growing these plants, ive had no issues using the compost i use, it cost next to nothing and the garden center was selling the same size big bags i wa buying for a quid for £10 so thats what i chose

ok, so if your not adding nutes and your only watering when the pot is totally dry, you can check this by filling an empty pot with dry compost and compare the weight then only water when the pot with the plant in is the same weight as the dry pot, a lot of new growers over water their plants, i did it and stunted most of mine for the 1st 2 weeks, then i got it sorted and was giving them a good watering every 4 days so that the water was draining out the bottom of pot then id stop watering and not water again till 4 sometimes 5 days later.

now the problem with miracle grow is its made for household plants and contains nutes that benefit these plants, this is to much nutes for the plants we are growing, miracle grow is also no good for young plants due to the high nute content, also miracle grow is slow release nutes and keeps releasing these over time, so when you do come to add nutes to the soil it causes problems as you wont know whats in the soil till your plants starts stressing out and showing signs its not happy.

what size pot are they in not, if their in the 1st pot and need to go into bigger pots then id get some different compost, i buy mine at £1 each from pound shops and super markets, the garden centers charge £10 for the same bag i get for a quid so i know its ok to use, it says its john innes which is the best to use, it contains john innes which is all the peat moss and stuff like that, the good stuff these plants lile miracle grow contains loads of stuff to improve the compost quality where as other brands just use good quality stuff to start off with so dont need to add anything to the soil, so if your going to put them into bigger pots then id get some new compost and fill the pot with it, then let the pot dry the plants in then tip it upside down to slide the plant out, then break off a small piece of the miracle grow compost and remove what you can from the plant, dont remove to much as you will damage the roots causing a worse problem, so remove what you can then put the plant in the new soil and after a few days the roots will be in the new soil and the plant will improve.

how ever growers have used miracle grow and got great results, you just dont add nutes till you can see the plant needs it, like if the new growth is light green and not dark green then you know its needs the N part of NPK in the nutrients, so instead of giving nutes early on with normal compost say after 2 weeks or more then you would hold off till your plants show you signs they need something extra.

if your plants are in the pots your going to flower them in then i wouldnt mess about with the compost, just dont use if for the next grow you do, miracle grow is just wrong for these plants it based more for house plants and mature plants, its not much good for seedling and can stop seedlings growing due to the stuff the compost contains so next time use something else, you dont need to spend a fortune i got the cheapest i could and i could if got miracle grow at £1 per bag but i didnt i chose something else due to what i had heard about miracle grow, so if you are in your pot your going to flower in then dont worry about it to much it will sort itself out just dont get adding any nutes to early,

make sure your not watering to often, i started watering every day or 2 days and this badly stunted my plants and as soon as i held off with the water they then really started growing,

so by the sounds of it id say the problem is the soil, as your plants have made it this far then they should be ok, just dont use any nutes till the plant looks like it needs it

yeah there already in there flowering pots and i water the plant only when the top is a little crusty i dont think i over water it but what your saying im saying its the soil too.
Im just going to leave the plant alone but if it starts getting bad ill just have to change the soil.
Got it No Miracle Grow for my next grows thanks for the heads up.

i wouldnt mess with it then mate if their in their flower pots, you may need to start adding nutes soon depending on how long the plants have been growing as they use the nutes pretty quick, the problem is miracle grow has slow release so you never exactly know whats left in the soil, when you use nutes start at a quater the strength then if you see no nute burn over a couple of feeds then up it to half strength and keep going till your at full strength, but do this over a period of time.

now you say you water when the top is crusty, well sometimes the top can be dry and the bottom can be soaking wet, fans and lights will cause the top of the pot to dry and the rest of the pot could still be wet, what you can do is poke your fingers into the pot and push them down gently till you are a whole finger length deep, and then pull your hand out, if you have soil stuck to your fingers then it dont need watering, but if they come out dry and the soil feels dry all the way down then water it, its very hard to judge, but sometimes you can go a whole week without watering them depending on room temp and humidity, its really varies at all stage of growth, but during veg i was watering every 4 or 5 days, now im in flower im going about 2 or 3 days between feed, when you water them water them slowly and when you see water coming out the bottom of the pot then stop and let them stand this should water them enough till the next time they need it,

its very easy to over water, you might think the soil is dry when the top inch feels dry but when you get further down you might find the soil is drenched, its hard to judge and easy to get wrong, to much water makes the plant look the same as they do when they are not been watered enough, when they are watered to much it really stunts growth, chances are the problem you got is with the compost and not a water issue, if it was water issue the leaves would be drooping downwards, but the yellow spots are a sign of nute problems, so keep an eye on it, hopefully it wont get worse, the plants seem to do ok once they are a certain age with miracle grow, and as they have made it this far then chances are you will be ok

if ur on buget u can used MG just mix it with a soil that has no nute more no nute to Mg ratio it worked great with my grow had no problems

Flowering Day 6! Third Day of LST you can really tell the difference from before its growing really bushy.

009560.JPG
001934.JPG
005795.JPG
006688.JPG

part of the stem if turning purple!
008611.JPG

I was looking at my plant and spotted this thing between some nodes and i have no clue what they are. Im worried of them being male pre flower HELP!!

007658.JPG

i wouldnt mess with it then mate if their in their flower pots, you may need to start adding nutes soon depending on how long the plants have been growing as they use the nutes pretty quick, the problem is miracle grow has slow release so you never exactly know whats left in the soil, when you use nutes start at a quater the strength then if you see no nute burn over a couple of feeds then up it to half strength and keep going till your at full strength, but do this over a period of time.

now you say you water when the top is crusty, well sometimes the top can be dry and the bottom can be soaking wet, fans and lights will cause the top of the pot to dry and the rest of the pot could still be wet, what you can do is poke your fingers into the pot and push them down gently till you are a whole finger length deep, and then pull your hand out, if you have soil stuck to your fingers then it dont need watering, but if they come out dry and the soil feels dry all the way down then water it, its very hard to judge, but sometimes you can go a whole week without watering them depending on room temp and humidity, its really varies at all stage of growth, but during veg i was watering every 4 or 5 days, now im in flower im going about 2 or 3 days between feed, when you water them water them slowly and when you see water coming out the bottom of the pot then stop and let them stand this should water them enough till the next time they need it,

its very easy to over water, you might think the soil is dry when the top inch feels dry but when you get further down you might find the soil is drenched, its hard to judge and easy to get wrong, to much water makes the plant look the same as they do when they are not been watered enough, when they are watered to much it really stunts growth, chances are the problem you got is with the compost and not a water issue, if it was water issue the leaves would be drooping downwards, but the yellow spots are a sign of nute problems, so keep an eye on it, hopefully it wont get worse, the plants seem to do ok once they are a certain age with miracle grow, and as they have made it this far then chances are you will be ok

what kind of nutrients do you suggest me looking for?

Hi, mate, @ get your grow on, thats great info mate, i could see a mixture working very well. as long as it was well mixed, it might even improve growth as well, the nutes would be less harsh on the plants and might even be a good combination.

it sure looks like a male mate, keep a very close eye on it over the next few days, it looks male, but i have seen females that grow a bulge like that then the pistils come out of it so give it a few days, you will either see more male sacs or white hairs, have a close look at the very tip of the plant, you should see loads of sacks if its male, if its fem their should be loads of white hairs, but its still a bit early to say.

as for the nutes are you in the usa or somewhere else, im in the UK and was using off the shelf stuff if your not in the usa then id go to a garden center and buy 2 different nutes, one for veg stage and one for flower, both contain what the plants need for each stage of growth i was using an all round nite and it didnt do my plants much good it sort of slowed them down, i was using baby bio which is more suited for the veg stage, but if your in the usa then the best stuff to use is blue planet nutrients, they do a 3 part pack that contains a bottle called grow, another called micro and another called bloom, now i was amazed by the results the bpn products where getting these plants, and i was asking about how id get some in the UK, but it was getting close to $90 for nutes and delivery to me, so i couldnt afford it, but i was so amazed when a grower on here called teSmp offered to chip in and pay for the nutes and delivery, then another member who id been speaking to chipped in as well, so 2 top growers off here paid for my nutes and delivery, even corey who owns bpn done the product at cost price, so all together it cost $70 which tesmp and another member covered, i was so shocked that someone who i had only spoke to online was kind enough to do that for me, any way 2 weeks later they had cleared customs but it had been checked by customs and they charged a fee it was £16, so all together it was £50 if i had to pay out my own pocket, but all i paid was the 16pound, now im so amazed with the results that im saving for the next time i need it, i have got enough to last me 3 full grows with about 6 plants per grow.

so thats how amazing some people are on here, all they told me to do was return the favour to someone i need, so i did a couple of weeks ago a new grower on here who also lived in my country was struggling with the stuff he had, but i had just switched to high presure sodium and he was trying to grow with cfls, so i sent him all my spare cfl bulbs and some mylar and a lighting rig that all he had to do was plug in and i threw in a couple of seeds just to get him up and running, he dont update his journal often and i was concerned at first that he had just taken the items and not bothered with his journal, but he updated it the other day and he has put all i sent him to good use so i feel good that i could do the same and help someone out like someone helped me out, all karma and all that stuff and what goes around comes around.

so im using bpn, they sent me the 3 part plus bloom booster, so i got 4 bottles, grow,micro,bloom,bloom booster, this is what i have been using and the plants really started growing withing 48 hours of feeding with bpn, it really is amazing products, and if your in the usa then its the cheapest you can buy and it leaves all other nutes standing when it comes to rate of growth and yield, the bloke who made the product corey is a top bloke and always willing to help, he has designed the product and made a feeding chart for everyone to follow and everyone who does use it will not use anything else, he only sells online, he dont sell it in shops and its sold by word of mouth, but the product is that good its selling so fast, its like no other product out their, so if your in the usa get over to blue planets nutrients and place an order for the 3 part pack, you dont need to but the bloom booster but ill be buying it next time i place an order, i can get nutes a lot cheaper over here but nothing would compare to this, but if your in the uk then its an expensive business buying bpn products, but im so chuffed with someone paying for it for me and the results are amazing so i will be buying it again and im saving up till i need to get it next, but if your in the UK and like me when i first started i had no spare cash, well i still dont have any, im a single dad with 2 kids aged 5 and 7, my fiancee was killed in car accident by a drunk driver and this is the main reason why im growing, my insomnia is crazy since the accident and i just need a smoke to get through each day, so im really struggling to make ends meet, but im just doing it. so if like me your on a real budget and in the uk, then you can buy some nutes from the pound shop, they have some slow release liquid that you just stick in the pot and it drip feeds for 30 days, the NPK is perfect for the plants and i did try it and it seemed to work and i had no problems, but 9 years ago i used miracle grow liquid feed and fed the plants this in both veg and flower as i was unaware of how to grow, but it got me a 6ft plant and over 6 oz of jack flash, so it worked ok, these plants pretty much grow under anything, having the right stuff increases yield slightly and keeps the plant slightly healthier but using normal nutes would work well, but id go to a garden center if you can and get 2 different feeds, one for veg for when you veg some plants and one for flower, the one for flower is more important as it has less of the N and more of the P and this is what produces the best buds and best yield, make sure what ever you buy can be used on plants that grow fruit and veg as some nutes contain stuff you really dont want to be smoking,.

ok so ive been noticing some small balls all over the nodes. Now im sure its a male!! well that sucks but fuck it ima take my plant down today and buy a clone rather than taking risks growing from seeds.
so if i buy a clone is it for sure going to be a female?

ok so ive been noticing some small balls all over the nodes. Now im sure its a male!! well that sucks but fuck it ima take my plant down today and buy a clone rather than taking risks growing from seeds.
so if i buy a clone is it for sure going to be a female?

Damn sucky! As long as some retard didn't clone a male then it's for sure a female. You can also buy feminized seeds. Clones are great as long as they're from a good source, you can get bugs, bad genetics, etc.

Damn sucky! As long as some retard didn't clone a male then it's for sure a female. You can also buy feminized seeds. Clones are great as long as they're from a good source, you can get bugs, bad genetics, etc.

Yeah i know but it happens! so once i get my clone i will start another journal.

go to herbies head shop mate, by a cheap none femenised seed for £1.50 from their pick and mix range, herbie will then send you 2 free big bud#2 seeds and 1 delicious cotten candy femenised, the free seeds are worth more than £10 so id buy the cheapest seed on their which is the special kush that i have got in flower now and its an amazing looking plant, i paid £1.40 or $2.80 and £3 postage of $6, and then herbie will send you 3 seeds for free, the free seeds offer changes every week or so, but he usually always gives 2x big bud#2 seeds, none femenised, and the other free seed you get is always a femenised seed or an auto fem, either way for the cost of the special kush and postage you end up with the fem seed plus 3 other seeds to plant and grow when your ready, you should at least get the fem as female and at least 1 other should be fem also, not 100% but the free fem seed will be fem,

they have always got them quick, sometimes the very next day, if you look on his site the link is below, scroll down right hand side and click on pick and mix, then on the right hand side click the refine search heading for price, then choose under £20, then hit search, scroll past say the top 5 in the list then you will come across the very cheap seeds, you can get fem seeds for £3 each so if you done that you would get that fem seed or auto fem and then you would still get the free fem and the big bud#2 i got my auto fem for about £3 and ended up with 2 x big bud#2 and 1 x reserve privada sour kush, this seeds sells for over £10 each, so if i was you id buy the cheapest seed as your guaranteed to get at least the free seed been fem and one of the normal seeds should turn out fem, i have got a few big bud#2 left and the reserva seeds left as i have not had room to grow them, i grew the seeds i ordered which was the autos then i kept the free ones to grow next time round, i donated a couple to another grower on here but not heard much from him since so not sure whats going on.

it sounds like you got a male so cut your losses and dump it unless you plan on breeding and collecting pollen, but its not really worth it unless you got the room for 3 grow rooms, and you can go for a clone as long as it came from a female healthy plant you should be ok, but unless you can see the plant it came from then you could be buying anything, if it was me id go to herbies and order something cheap and at least you will have 1 fem seed, but if you bought a fem seed then you would end up with 2 fem seeds.

the choice is yours but i know what i would do, i only use herbies now, the service is great, the free seeds are all good and the offer changes, so thats what i would try mate. are u in the UK its hard to remember when i read this many journals

Back
Top Bottom