1st Time Grower! CFL - Small Personal Closet Grow

Re: 1st time Grower! CFL, small personal closet grow

So is it a girl?:slide:

Its in flowering in right now! i have 4 CFLs in right now but ima add more today when the lights turn on at 6:30.
im going to add 2 27k and 2 65k so in total ima have 6 27k CFLs and 2 65k! im thinking thats enough light im also going to LST today too.
ive also been thinking is blazing around my plant bad for it?

are u going to do any LST which means low stress train by tighing down branches will allow other grow spots to grow

Yeah those 8 bulbs should do you good and that would be a 3:1 ratio of 6500k to 2700k CFLs. As everyone has been saying tying down your plant is called Low Stress Training LST and your plant is more then ready to start it.. However, since your in flower now you'll only want to do it maybe over the next 14 days as it's stretching and the last 7 days of stretching let it grow up so you get say 6-12" arms (buds). If you see that it is not stretching a whole lot then you might not want to train that long even. But get started immediately if your going to!

As donpaul said poke holes into your pot and tie a string or pipe cleaners as he uses to your plant and pull it down and tie it off on the pot. Your goal will be to get it bent over 90 degrees parallel to the growing medium. After a few days all the tops will be looking back up again and when they get some length to them you can pull them back down and all in different directions to really bush it out. Like I said after about 10-14 days you'll want to let it stretch up because that's where your going to get the size in your colas. If you snap a branch no big deal! Angle it however you want it and tape it up, it's called super cropping and they love it! It will heal and you will have like a huge knuckle right where you snapped the branch. You'll get a feel for how much it wants to bend, it looks like yours would do just fine.

alright ill start LST today when i turn on the lights hopefully theres some pistils already haha. ill be posting up some pictures later today or tomorrow morning.

are u going to do any LST which means low stress train by tighing down branches will allow other grow spots to grow
Yeah. ive seen people tie there plants down with string, wire, and even tape
ill see what i can find around my house to tie it down with most likely some string

just make sure what ever you use dont cut into the stem is it will cut it off, also it needs to make sure it wont get tighter as the plant grows else it will cut into the plant, i got pipe cleaners off the well known selling site that sounds like a rain forest for next to nothing, i got the 30cm or 1 foot pipe cleaners and their exactly the right size for the job, poke holes round the rim and poke the pipe cleaners or string through and slowly pull the top down,

but take in what teSmp said, he knows his stuff and always gives good advice like a lot of growers on here, you dont want to train it for to long in flower, you would of been better training it when it was say 3 nodes high as its easy to snap the stem when its stiff like it is now, but you could train it so it gains no more height and this will make the node growth start growing up giving you many tops, but dont train it for more than what teSmp said else you will end up with small buds, i lst mine from the start and when i switched to flower i done very little lst all i did was pull branches around the pot and not stop them growing upwards just to get the light on lower branches, so now my plants have about 20 tops and now they are all growing up into longer branches now so the buds should be a decent size, but if i carried on pulling the branches down then id end up with a load of small buds, so try not to train to long if at all,

the choice is yours on this mate, if you got time to lst it to some extent then do it as it will promote the smaller node growth to grow up and become the top of the plant giving you many main stems or cola sites, but it would be best to start early in veg in the next grow and then by the time you get to flower you could have 30 or more top bud sites,

just make sure what ever you use dont cut into the stem is it will cut it off, also it needs to make sure it wont get tighter as the plant grows else it will cut into the plant, i got pipe cleaners off the well known selling site that sounds like a rain forest for next to nothing, i got the 30cm or 1 foot pipe cleaners and their exactly the right size for the job, poke holes round the rim and poke the pipe cleaners or string through and slowly pull the top down,

but take in what teSmp said, he knows his stuff and always gives good advice like a lot of growers on here, you dont want to train it for to long in flower, you would of been better training it when it was say 3 nodes high as its easy to snap the stem when its stiff like it is now, but you could train it so it gains no more height and this will make the node growth start growing up giving you many tops, but dont train it for more than what teSmp said else you will end up with small buds, i lst mine from the start and when i switched to flower i done very little lst all i did was pull branches around the pot and not stop them growing upwards just to get the light on lower branches, so now my plants have about 20 tops and now they are all growing up into longer branches now so the buds should be a decent size, but if i carried on pulling the branches down then id end up with a load of small buds, so try not to train to long if at all,

the choice is yours on this mate, if you got time to lst it to some extent then do it as it will promote the smaller node growth to grow up and become the top of the plant giving you many main stems or cola sites, but it would be best to start early in veg in the next grow and then by the time you get to flower you could have 30 or more top bud sites,

Alright well im only going to LST it for the 14 days TeSmp said.

sounds like a plan, that should give you the best chance of increasing the yield, the best way i found of getting growth everywhere is to dont just lst but do it so that every part of the plant has light on it, so if you lst and a leaf is blocking a node lower down a branch or is blocking another branch then pull the leaves out the way, this way your not removing the leaves but your getting the most light into all parts of the plant, i done this to both of mine and every single branch and node grew so it was level with the top of the plant, now im well into flower and i have no buds or growth below the canopy so now a few branches are getting taller i take it they will be the main buds but as all the lower branches and node are up with the top of the plant then these should produce decent buds instead of small under developed buds, so i think i have increased my yield by doing this, and im sure this will happen to your plant as well

Here is my plant which i named Betsy haha. Day 4 into flowering still no signs of what sex it is, I started Low Stress Training today i only bent it a little today. I didn't want to over do it, but tomorrow ima do more. I'm now using 5 27k CFLs and 2 65k CFLs

011447.JPG
012381.JPG
009559.JPG
014338.JPG

Looks good bro! Now that I'm seeing it LSTd you may want to consider just gettin that girl pulled down growing horizontally and then just let some tops grow up from there rather then training it for two weeks. Keep pics posted though, it will all depend on how much its stretching. :) +rep

Looks good bro! Now that I'm seeing it LSTd you may want to consider just gettin that girl pulled down growing horizontally and then just let some tops grow up from there rather then training it for two weeks. Keep pics posted though, it will all depend on how much its stretching. :) +rep

so keep pulling it further down and just let some of the tops grow and stretch, so for how long do you think i should leave it tied down?

so keep pulling it further down and just let some of the tops grow and stretch, so for how long do you think i should leave it tied down?

We will really just have to play it by ear brotha.. Let's see how much it stretches over the next week and for now just keep working it so it's parallel with the soil. If its stretching a lot then continue pulling it down and bushing it out. If it doesn't stretch much at all just get it down 90 degrees from how it normally grows and let the upper arms stretch there way up. Make sense?

oh alright i get you! thanks for the help, ill be posting more pictures up in a couple days! hoping there will be pistils showing already! how long into flowering do the pistils start showing up? the waiting is killing me not knowing if its a female or a male

oh alright i get you! thanks for the help, ill be posting more pictures up in a couple days! hoping there will be pistils showing already! how long into flowering do the pistils start showing up? the waiting is killing me not knowing if its a female or a male

Well I always get clones except for my upcoming scrog I just planted (critical sensi star) but looking back in my journals pistils usually show between 7-14 days.

you will now see how quick the growth at the nodes grows, when the top of the plant is no longer the top all the other branches at the nodes go crazy and start growing towards the light, so as long as you keep the tip of the main stem below the top of the plant or running horizontal then the nodes will suddenly start growing quicker and become the new tops of the plant, i also trained the lower branches as well so instead of letting the lower branches grow upwards i pulled them out towards the sides so they was running sideways as well, this then made the node growth on the branches suddenly wake up and start growing, so now my plants in flower are only 4 nodes high, but the growth on the lower branches is now level with the top of the plant.

if you keep us updated with pics then we can do our best to help you get it lst'd, but you got teSmp on the case so im sure you will have no problems

Back
Top Bottom