1st time grower needs help with seeds

autogrow1888

z3fuGiV.jpg

Hi I have been given these seeds I was told their were auto flowering
but I'm having doubts of they are or not

If you have used. These seeds before how did you get on with them and what light cycle did you use and stuff all help appreciated

Thanks

Plant them and keep em on 18/6. You will know in about 30-45 days.

Thank you very much guys there on 18/6 but my timer isn't working right any recommendations and also I was given 4 plants at around 19 days so I've got them going as well as one of my own

Thank you very much guys there on 18/6 but my timer isn't working right any recommendations and also I was given 4 plants at around 19 days so I've got them going as well as one of my own

If they are all autos, daylength doesn't make much difference. Autos mature according to their genetic programming.

If you inherited regular photo plants, daylength makes a difference. They will stay in veg as long as they get at least 13 hours daylight a day. Once the daylength gets down to the magic number of 12, flowering hormones will form.

So, in veg, a finicky timer won't do any damage. One cause of timer malfunction is overloading it with too many lights, if you have them daisy-chained, for example.

But you need to sort out your timer issues before they mature. Your inherited photos will need a strict schedule to flower and ripen properly.

Thanks a lot Ak I was told they were autos but they wasn't from a reliable source how how long would you say I would wait before I put them on 12/12

I understand but if they are not autos how long would you recommend
And I went with autos because I'm just starting out growing and seemed like the best option to get started with I have auto northern light from RQS but not starting them until these are finished because

I understand but if they are not autos how long would you recommend
And I went with autos because I'm just starting out growing and seemed like the best option to get started with I have auto northern light from RQS but not starting them until these are finished because

I go at least 3 months in veg (counted from sprouting or cloning) because I want the plants to be mature, that is, their leaves growing in alternate patterns instead of opposite each other on the stems. Of course, this means a big plant (24" Tall x 18" wide) going into flower, but the veg has been topped, tied down, and trimmed in preparation for going under flower. Plenty of time to fill the pot with roots before final up-potting and transfer to the 12/12 chamber.

My preference is fewer, but bigger plants, in an attempt to stay under the current personal grow laws in my state. Of course, the 6 plant rule is unattainable if one clones, but I do the best I can. You cannot help but break the law, either by purchasing seeds out of state or country, or by cloning to maintain your stock. So, It's a catch 22.

I go at least 3 months in veg (counted from sprouting or cloning) because I want the plants to be mature, that is, their leaves growing in alternate patterns instead of opposite each other on the stems. Of course, this means a big plant (24" Tall x 18" wide) going into flower, but the veg has been topped, tied down, and trimmed in preparation for going under flower. Plenty of time to fill the pot with roots before final up-potting and transfer to the 12/12 chamber.

My preference is fewer, but bigger plants, in an attempt to stay under the current personal grow laws in my state. Of course, the 6 plant rule is unattainable if one clones, but I do the best I can. You cannot help but break the law, either by purchasing seeds out of state or country, or by cloning to maintain your stock. So, It's a catch 22.

Thank you for all your help so if I change it to 12/12 how long would it take before buds start to form Soni can check if their autos or not

If you change to 12/12 you will never know whether they are autos or not as 12/12 is a light schedule that will flower both autos and photoperiods, but you will lose yield on autos and if they are photoperiods and too small you will also lose yield. AKgramma gave you the perfect answer, keep them under 18/6 for now. If after a couple of months there are no signs of flowering then you probably have photoperiods which will need to have their light schedule changed to induce flower.

Also looking at the packet I would say that they may well be photoperiods rather than autos as usually the packet would state Auto on there, I could be wrong though so you could take this paragraph with a pinch of salt. Good luck with your grow

If you change to 12/12 you will never know whether they are autos or not as 12/12 is a light schedule that will flower both autos and photoperiods, but you will lose yield on autos and if they are photoperiods and too small you will also lose yield. AKgramma gave you the perfect answer, keep them under 18/6 for now. If after a couple of months there are no signs of flowering then you probably have photoperiods which will need to have their light schedule changed to induce flower.

Also looking at the packet I would say that they may well be photoperiods rather than autos as usually the packet would state Auto on there, I could be wrong though so you could take this paragraph with a pinch of salt. Good luck with your grow

Thank you for your help I'm just going to stick with the 18/6 and see how I get on with that

Back
Top Bottom