2 out of 4 plants have a couple tiny circular orange spots on them - Any ideas?

Dondon23

420 Member
2 photos 2 autos. All Humboldt besides one. All in happy frog soil. Using advanced nutes all but a few. Using good tap water. Ph anywhere between 5.8-6.3. Using mykos extreme also. Watering maybe once a week. Sometimes twice if need be. Just trying to see what the orange spots could be. I have cold pressed organic neem oil that I haven’t used yet for pest and diseases. Any input would help.

IMG_0440.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg

Hello and welcome Dondon! Sounds like you're doing things right. Those spots are from a lack of calcium. Maybe try upping the frequency of feeding or amount of feed. Your first leaves, cotyledons are yellow in stead of green. That means she's using them to feed from. She's hungry. If you're sure you're feeding enough then a product called cal/mag is the next thing to use. It'll get the calcium to her. I'd go with another feed.

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
@StoneOtter :ciao: pretty much nailed it.:thumb:
She is a touch hungry.
Calmag helps with nutrient uptake aswell as providing calcium.
Put it in your plain water first then nutrients in order then if you ph do it last.
Stick to 6.3 ph in soil she and will be fine.
Happy Growing. :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

2 photos 2 autos. All Humboldt besides one. All in happy frog soil. Using advanced nutes all but a few. Using good tap water. Ph anywhere between 5.8-6.3. Using mykos extreme also. Watering maybe once a week. Sometimes twice if need be. Just trying to see what the orange spots could be. I have cold pressed organic neem oil that I haven’t used yet for pest and diseases. Any input would help.

IMG_0440.jpeg

IMG_0439.jpeg
I hate to disagree, but a calcium deficiency usually shows itself with a paling of the leaves to a lighter green then yellow, the pinpricking look to it says possible mites, maybe aphids...I'd take a look under my leaves with a magnifying glass to be sure :peacetwo:

I hate to disagree, but a calcium deficiency usually shows itself with a paling of the leaves to a lighter green then yellow,
I will go along with that; plus the areas or spots on the plant in the photo are too circular or too well defined. Better chance that it is an early potassium deficiency than calcium.

Calcium ranks up there as a relatively abundant nutrient in the soil and a pot that size when filled with Happy Frog should have more than enough for a small plant.

Spots are way to big to be the average problem caused by Mites. It still could be an insect but I would be giving the plant a dose of Potassium once a week. Potassium is good for overall plant health anyway. Check for insects since it never hurts to notice one or two early enough to prevent that sort of problem.

2 photos 2 autos. All Humboldt besides one. All in happy frog soil. Using advanced nutes all but a few.

what AN line are you using ? which ones are you using in the line ? and in what amounts?
you haven't really told us anything to go on.

Using good tap water.

ok. what is the ppm of the tap and are you doing anything about chlorine or chloramine ?

Ph anywhere between 5.8-6.3.

could be fatal if you are using AN.

most AN lines are now ph balanced and will not work if you try to balance them yourself. the values the AN line returns when measuring ph have no basis in reality. most growers using AN ignore it and pray for the best now.

Using mykos extreme also. Watering maybe once a week. Sometimes twice if need be. Just trying to see what the orange spots could be. I have cold pressed organic neem oil that I haven’t used yet for pest and diseases. Any input would help.

feeding frequency sounds about right. are you feeding til runoff ?

what have you got for light? what are your rh and temp numbers?

this pic is concerning. even if not fed, the cots on a seedling this size should not be yellowing this early. coupled with the spots it looks to be a calmag issue or early nute deficiency.
at this point you should be feeding at early veg levels.

this one is doing a bit better just on color alone.

Back
Top Bottom