2014 HeavyWeights Duke It Out for the Silver Coin

Re: 2014 HeavyWeights Duke it out for the Silver Coin with Rock Nutrients

Wait... how often do you hand water during veg? i know you do minimum 2 months of veg.. i cant imagine you hand water everyday. do you?

Wait... how often do you hand water during veg? i know you do minimum 2 months of veg.. i cant imagine you hand water everyday. do you?

>>>Do you have an off topic gallery by any chance?

No, but I'm working on that.

Yes I hand water every day, once a day. Just before flower when they are really big, sometimes they need it twice a day. You can set up recirculating if you like. It doesn't matter.

Looking good s1ingblade, How much run off do you want when you feed to waste, s1ing? Capn?

I like to see lots, if the container is a half gallon I don't mind "WASTEing" that much, 1/2 gallon pot 1/2 gallon run-off. Can be pretty costly in the long run but helps ensure healthy roots when you have others that aren't so healthy.

In veg, I start with a 5 gal bucket of water and I add about 3ml/gal, to my RO water. That brings the PPM to just over 200. Then I'm adding 6ml/gal Rock GROW, and 4ml/gal Rock SuperCharge. This is according to the nutrient chart. The ONLY other thing I'm doing is making beneficial tea, once a week.

A cal / mag additive is optional. Personally, I would use it even with the well water.

60cal, that's a great question. It is best to have plenty of run off. If you only feed until you see a TINY bit of run off, there is a chance the PPM or PH could fluctuate inside the media (rockwool). The more you run off, the more confident you can be that the PH and PPM in the root zone is the same as what you're pouring in. And this is why, in flower, we irrigate (recirculating) for a solid 15 minutes at a time. I've actually seen minor deficiencies in veg, when I don't water enough. I used to recirculate in veg too, but I find I enjoy hand watering them.

Yeah I use CA/MG along side the natural well water, when I do its a lil less than the amount I use with RO but it could easily handle the same amount IMHO

So then if i gather correctly you are feeding to waste in veg then, yes?
Yes Sir

Forgot to mention. That plant is beautiful. Your veg always looks pristine.
Thank you Sir, means a lot!

At times I will water each and everyday to keep them use to lots of water, I have scaled back a bit trying to get rid of the gnats but usually its everyday until I transition them to a different recipe, like early veg to late veg and then like the green house seed co guys I like to let them dry out until they're just about ready to wilt. Just me so use at your own risk!

Thanks everyone, I gotta go get into the "Shack" and "Tip" aka top that bad girl

Please send me an link to that gallery when you do!

No need to set up a recirculating system for my veg area.. too many seedlings right now, not enough mature plants, they just went into flower.

Ive just been watering every 2-3 days as i feel the moisture level drop a bit. My mature clones that i had in 2gal pots needed to be watered every second day for sure. just moved them into 5gal airpots. The plants i have in flower in airpots will be irrigated daily, once i build my drip rings and get a reservoir for the flood table, in a day or two.

How many days of watering would say a 5gal bucket get you?

Thanks guys.

Thanks J

I was able to spend some time "Topping" my plants. When I get some extra time I will show how I open the tops up and pluck or what I call "TIP" the very top.
She's recovering now

Any chance you can do a brief video of this technique?

how do the new nutrients look on the ppm/ec scale??

is the feed schedule keeping the low ppms you guys like??

I will do my best sky but it would take another in there with me to shoot the vid.

As for the PPMs I have noticed it not acting like Im use to and its because the nutrients are 70% ORGANIC. I will also make sure to post PPMS. I had a coincidence with my hanna meter and the PPM part of it broke. I got there new handheld and am still getting used to it. I will start posting my updates with the numbers. I will be slightly upping my parts per million on the next rounds with advanced to see if a few of the issues Im having are from keeping them in a starving state

how do the new nutrients look on the ppm/ec scale??

is the feed schedule keeping the low ppms you guys like??

In week 3, if you follow the Rock nutrient chart, the PPM lands around 350. After I add 3ml/gal cali magic, it sits at about 500.

12 day update. Sorry, couldn't wait two weeks. I'm too excited about this grow!

12 days ago:

FightForTheCoin_20140904_192414.jpg

Today:

FightForTheCoin_20140916_080000.jpg

I understand the GH clone had a head start, but ROCK needs to keep up, and it's not keeping up. I also understand that a one - one "side by side" is not as accurate as if I were to have 4 of each. But this is redic. GH is obviously kicking Rock's ass. Wait... is GH a sponsor here? :rofl:

I reserve the right to pick whichever I want to go to flower ;-)

Each plant was topped again today (in 3 places).

Here is how to top: Just the TIP! How to top, or TIP your cannabis plant. - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Come on, s1ing. Let's see those baby Purple Dreams.

Hey Cap,

in your picture of "today" are the plants sitting on a tote like mine i am using for my RDWC? i'm thinking they are.. you are feeding to waste in veg.. is there holes underneath those nursery pots to let the run off go into the tote? or is that what the hole in the middle of the tote is for in between the two plants?

Hey Cap,

in your picture of "today" are the plants sitting on a tote like mine i am using for my RDWC? i'm thinking they are.. you are feeding to waste in veg.. is there holes underneath those nursery pots to let the run off go into the tote? or is that what the hole in the middle of the tote is for in between the two plants?

There are no holes UNDER the pots. There is a 6" hole in the front of the lid of the 27 tuff tote, that you can't see. It's basically a mini tray and the waste water goes into the 27 gal tote. It's cheap. It works well. Sling uses a similar tray but his is 4 x 8'!

Ah okay so then you have it on a slight slope so the water drains.. gotcha.

Then what is that 2" hole i see in between the pots?

And paint? any suggestions on a cannabis friendly paint to use on my lids?

Back
Top Bottom