2014 HeavyWeights Duke It Out for the Silver Coin

Re: 2014 HeavyWeights Duke it out for the Silver Coin with Rock Nutrients

I am in for this one, growing Capn Style myself, well mostly.

Top feed in grodan grow cubes?

would even love a pic of your current set up s1ing. If you have one without plants in it, that would be amazing to be able to get a good idea of how its all set up

Yep, it doing great for me :)

Nice. welcome to the Club!

If it isn't in rockwool, it isn't Capn-Style!

Is there a reasoning to pouring the tea at the base of the stalk? Also do u have to use it after your daily watering or can I use it as my first feeding after lights turn on?

Have you read all my blog articles yet? The answer to your questions are in the tea article: Tea recipe: How to get pearly white roots and accellerate vegetative growth - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®
Read them all brother.. Did not see why you pour at base of stalk. I understand why you use tea after your nutrients so you don't wash away the beneficials from the tea. BUT, I did not see if you can use it just as your daily feeding first thing in morning. Maybe I missed it. But I am giving my plants its first batch of tea later today and I just wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing. ;)

I made a fresh batch of Heisenberg Tea that will be given to them tonight. Lately I have been giving it to them on Weds or Thursday as Friday nights are for changing out reservoir solutions. Wow 20 years ago Fri. nights were for street racing and hanging out with your girl lol

Lookin like the G.H nutrient line is definitely cleaning house up in here! Great growth for 12 days in veg.

That's great work Capn! Thank-You to you and Sling for putting all the extra work into it to show us some pictures and taking the time to mix up two separate batches of nutrients.

Lookin like the G.H nutrient line is definitely cleaning house up in here! Great growth for 12 days in veg.

That's great work Capn! Thank-You to you and Sling for putting all the extra work into it to show us some pictures and taking the time to mix up two separate batches of nutrients.

YW. sling and I were talking and he suspects the reason the ROCK is slightly behind is because it is supposedly, "semi-organic". Hydroponic nutrients are available to the plant, RIGHT NOW. Where organics take longer.

Tentative flower date will be October 1st. This is exactly 2 months after the clone was cut. Mine are cooking along and soon will outgrow the little veg tray and 2' T5 light.

Looking great Capn! By the way, do you plan on using the T5 fixture all the way through veg, or switching to the MH?

I'll do whatever it takes to get an edge on s1ing! That guy's veg is pristine, I'm telling you. I saw it with my own eyes when I was there last spring.

Seriously though... What you see here is my usual technique; T5 for the first few weeks of veg on the left. For the last few weeks, they get moved under the 600MH, and a new baby gets put under the T5. The MH isn't needed for veg. You can get amazing results from T5 lighting all the way through veg. With the 600W MH in the last few weeks of veg, in my experience, it makes the plants are a little "harder". Stems are a little harder / stronger. The plant stays a little shorter (remember, less light = more stretch), nodes stay closer together, and plants are less lanky.

holy shit capn those are not the contest plants in that room, are they??

I must be missing some updates

YW. sling and I were talking and he suspects the reason the ROCK is slightly behind is because it is supposedly, "semi-organic". Hydroponic nutrients are available to the plant, RIGHT NOW. Where organics take longer.

Maybe the smoke from the more organic based Rock nutrients will taste super smooth though?

Maybe the smoke from the more organic based Rock nutrients will taste super smooth though?

Would be interesting to find out, but i think he is comparing yield between the two.. Correct me if i'm wrong Capn

No those aren't them, if they are im done! lol
good to see ya C526

Tentative flower date will be October 1st. This is exactly 2 months after the clone was cut. Mine are cooking along and soon will outgrow the little veg tray and 2' T5 light.

I'll do whatever it takes to get an edge on s1ing! That guy's veg is pristine, I'm telling you. I saw it with my own eyes when I was there last spring.

Seriously though... What you see here is my usual technique; T5 for the first few weeks of veg on the left. For the last few weeks, they get moved under the 600MH, and a new baby gets put under the T5. The MH isn't needed for veg. You can get amazing results from T5 lighting all the way through veg. With the 600W MH in the last few weeks of veg, in my experience, it makes the plants are a little "harder". Stems are a little harder / stronger. The plant stays a little shorter (remember, less light = more stretch), nodes stay closer together, and plants are less lanky.

You'll never take me alive!

Whoever can answer, because The Rock is "semi organic", would stepping up the frequency of Tea usage lend toward breaking those organics down to consumable nutrients, or is that process a little more time consuming?

Hey Cap,

what T5 fixture do you use, and what kind of air flow is in your veg area..

That is a 2ft, 4 bulb fixture. Each bulb is 24Watt, HO (high output) 6500K

Ha ha, no sorry for the confusion. That's just a wide angle view of what my veg usually looks like.

We will see.

Would be interesting to find out, but i think he is comparing yield between the two.. Correct me if i'm wrong Capn

The main goal here is to hold my own against s1ing! The second goal is to give ROCK a run and see if I like it. I have to admit, it is really simple to use. It doesn't drop out your PH like other nutrient lines. But I'm not sure it can keep up with GH. Plant vs plant... isn't a good test. Even though they are the same genetics, I would really need at least four of each to give it a fair shot.

No those aren't them, if they are im done! lol
good to see ya C526
You'll never take me alive!

I'm giving it my best shot. I'm babying these purple dreams. I'm topping, I've started bending, I'm keeping the T5 light 4" above them, I just transplanted, my ph is on, I'm using tea, foliar spray... oh yeah.

Back
Top Bottom