2nd Grow - CFL's - Exodus Cheese - LST/SCROG - Advice Always Welcome!

Both exiting and depressing news ... the exiting part is where I got a chance to buy a secondhand growtent with everything needed to operate it, for about 50% of it's worh ... the sortof bad news is, that it comes with a LED panel ... which would mean, afaik, that I can not continue this journal with it, am I correct ?

Would a loophole be to list the equivalent sponsor's models or not list it at all ? I would have rather bought one from the sponsors for multiple reasons, and will probably still buy one in a few months so I can operate 2 rooms with LED's, and I would love to share my experiences here, but this was too good an offer to let go, considering my current 'growroom' made of hardboard, tape, a few nails to keep things from sliding out of place, and gravity, and my suboptimal CFL's, no filter, etc.

Is there ANY way I can run a non-sponsor LED and maintain a journal here ?

I'll tag this post as I do not want to start a whole discussion on the issue in the FAQ forum, or search through a ton of topics for relevant ones. Thanks for understanding ... I hope ;)

|Flowering day 29

Backlog of pictures coming up ;)

IMG_20141123_013345.jpg
IMG_20141123_013355.jpg
IMG_20141123_013405.jpg
IMG_20141123_172156.jpg

Flowering day 32

First of all, clones .. they are about a week old now .. I do not know what I am doing wrong, but they seem to have issues rooting again .. Iĺl have to do some research there .. or maybe just be a little more patient.

IMG_20141127_001819.jpg

The only two of my first cloning attempt that wanted to sprout roots ... I'm not really impressed to be honest ...

IMG_20141127_001858.jpg

The new tent, ready for use, I had a few CFL's hanging around, so I put them to good use till the time I can dismantle the 'SCROG' and move the LED panel and the ladies.

IMG_20141127_160102.jpg

IMG_20141127_160136.jpg

And finally, the ladies in their new home:

IMG_20141127_173745.jpg

I divided about 8 liters of reasonably nuted water .. and hope I did not burn em :p Also misted them .. I had them running dry .. on purpose .. 4x 20l soil + water is not funny to move with my back ;)

I'm quite pleased with how easy it was to move them, even tho I had woven them through one another .. cutting the screen strings made everything come loose like it was never overcrowded. I also love how they have a little more room now :)

Next grow will probably be 3 x 3 :D

Flowering day 32First of all, clones .. they are about a week old now .. I do not know what I am doing wrong, but they seem to have issues rooting again .. Iĺl have to do some research there .. or maybe just be a little more patient.

Hi there! Not sure what you think is wrong with your cuttings. They do look a little yellow and that is because they are photosynthesizing but have no way of getting nitrogen (since they have no roots) and they are eating off themselves, stripping themselves of nitrogen when instead they should be focusing on growing roots. Give them just some low wattage lighting but keep them warm. Nice journal you got here :)

Yes please continue, I'm watching :D

You'll be fine, just don't show off your new light.

Hi there! Not sure what you think is wrong with your cuttings. They do look a little yellow and that is because they are photosynthesizing but have no way of getting nitrogen (since they have no roots) and they are eating off themselves, stripping themselves of nitrogen when instead they should be focusing on growing roots. Give them just some low wattage lighting but keep them warm. Nice journal you got here :)

I was curious, and softly pulled one out of the oasis foam, and noticed that not much was happening, except the base of the stem shrivling up and turning brown .. I would call it rotting to be honest.

A few of them seem to be rooting tho, but I had hoped for them to be a little but further along :p I'm 'blasting' them with a 43w CFL @ 6500k .. no dome, but in a cabinet .. regular misting. Temperature in the cabinet is usually around 25C - 28C (77F - 82F)

Thanks for the compliment on the journal, glad to have you here :)

This can not really be considered a budget grow any more, I'd say .. the store value of the combined items I have now is well over 1000 euro's .. I got them at 490, and it seems it has hardly been used. It looks like someone thought it was all about slamming 36 pots on 1.20m x 1.20m and water the fuck out of them and get rich fast. Top of the line equipment, the wife said it had been used for 2 weeks, he claimed 2 months.

Going on the nute level he went overboard on nuting and watering. there are 2 1 litre bottles of every bio nova product, most more then a little empty .. the nute scheme is quite clear ... so he must have overwatered like mad :p

I guess the missus did not like him spending so much money and then killing plants, and I'm the laughing and happy third, or so it seems :p

Flowering day 34

I think they love the upgrade .. or it is just regular fattening up of the buds I'm looking at. Last 2 pictures are at 40x.

IMG_20141129_181354.jpg

IMG_20141129_181551.jpg

IMG_20141129_181619.jpg

IMG_20141129_181810.jpg

IMG_20141129_181830.jpg

Thanks for watching :D

Here is my second attempt at cloning .. it seems a lot more are gonna survive this time around :D Last pic are the surviving two of my first attempt.

IMG_20141129_220153.jpg
IMG_20141129_220333.jpg
IMG_20141129_220409.jpg

Given the roots on the previous picture, here they are again, in soil :) I just placed the peatpts and oasis cubes in soil, and covered them a little. Watered with 1/4 nutes.

IMG_20141130_130811.jpg
IMG_20141130_130818.jpg
IMG_20141130_130828.jpg
IMG_20141130_130838.jpg

And mum, after having a third batch of cuttings taken ..

IMG_20141130_130852.jpg

Flowering day 37

The ladies are really digging the upgrade with more room, a more stable climate, more and more intense light, nutes, and above all, much more room and thus angles to love her from :p

I should have started growing YEARS ago :/ I love doing this.

IMG_20141202_172329.jpg

IMG_20141202_172925.jpg

IMG_20141202_172944.jpg

And some bud-sex

IMG_20141202_172648.jpg

IMG_20141202_172701.jpg

As always, thanks for watching!

great journal you have here friend J, lots of catching up to do :reading420magazine:
definitely subbed for the ryde! :popcorn:

was something wrong with your environment or how did you manage to have good results with your clones ? i read a few lines up that they were not developing roots and turned brown, that happened to me too, maybe too much light?

great journal you have here friend J, lots of catching up to do :reading420magazine:
definitely subbed for the ryde! :popcorn:
Hey there! Great to have you on board for the final stage of this grow :)

was something wrong with your environment or how did you manage to have good results with your clones ? i read a few lines up that they were not developing roots and turned brown, that happened to me too, maybe too much light?

I had 3 of those in a batch of 21. The rest popped roots a day later. Above the oasis foam, as the pictures show. I just placed them in square pots, plan to leave them there for a week, then root-trim and repot, and start fluxing them.

My first cloning attempt, only 2 survived out of 12. My mistake was WAY too much water, too much N in the plant, too much light.

I will be growing them in a 30x30 cm square pond-bag, so that does not leave a lot off room for a decent flux :/ It will be loads of trial and error .. as usual, in hopes that it will help others avoid making mistakes :p No fancy showoff journal here :)

I've come to believe that cloning is not all that hard. I have seen people successfully clone using tap-water, an airstone, and something to keep the clones upright and with their unworked stems in water. With great result.

:Namaste:

From my short stint working in a "legit" flower shop, I can say that Oasis is probably a bad choice for a cloning medium. first problem, as you've found, is water... it just soaks and HOLDS it for WAY too long. The other is that once you DO get roots, you want to get it out of the oasis and into your regular soil or hydro setup. being dense as it is, trying to remove a rooted clone from the Oasis risks damaging the roots you've been waiting for. Better off rooting in peat, coco, perlite or wool.

Otherwise, things look pretty good ;)

I was not planning on removing the oasis .. it will be there throughout the grow. I will not use it again either .. but I have a hard time finding rapid rooters or rockwool cubes where I live ... so I tried a few things. I will be cloning in a soil/coco mix from now on I think, or just in air-bubbled water. I'm lazy like that :p

Thanks for your insight, I was doubting it as medium, even more when roots formed just above the oasis instead of in :p

Flowering day 40 & update on FLUX. 16 days to harvest, going by strain info.

In the middle of the flowering girls is one of my surviving clones, to determine if mum, really is one. :D The other surviving clone is Ms. FLUX .. (who could turn out to be Mr. FLUX, tho I highly doubt that.

IMG_20141205_015631.jpg

IMG_20141205_015852.jpg

IMG_20141205_015401.jpg

Back
Top Bottom