2nd Time Indoor Soil 400Watt HPS Grow - Wonder Woman - Snow White and More!

xwwx

What strain is it? 3x Wonder Woman Fem, 3xSnow White Fem, 1xAF bubblicious Fem, 1xAFJock Horror Fem, 6 Bagseed Super Silver Haze. 14 total. I plan on only keeping 10. Keeping only the 4-5 best looking SSH, then hoping for at least 2 females. Not sure I want to risk a male however, seeing as I invested money for the fem seeds. I guess well just see what I end up doing. I would really like to at least just have 1 as a mother plant so I can grow ssh in the future without having to buy a clone or seeds.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? All are hybrids, not fully sure on the percentages.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg

If in Veg... For how long? >2 weeks since sprout on SSH + Bubb + JH, Wonder Woman and Snow White sproutedon 2/18/11. =)

Indoor or outdoor? Indoor closet grow

Soil or Hydro? Soil

If soil... what is in your mix? 2 part Sunland Organic soil potting mix, 1 part perlite, also added small amount of epsom salts and earthworm casings, although very low dosage on the earthworm casings.

If soil... What size pot? Started with seed in rockwool, transplanted into plastic cups, and have 5 gallon buckets ready for the final transfer. (1-2 weeks most likely)

Describe the grow room: Its a closer 2 foot by 8 foot closet (guesstimation) able to handle plants up to about 3 feet tall maximum. Just big enough for 10 5 gallon buckets and a fan to fit on the floor as well, although I'm trying to find clip fans to hang, no one seems to sell them and i don't want to buy online. I have used Mylar to cover the interior walls, all 4 including the backs of the sliding glass doors. I have run my lighting where the clothes hangers are supposed to be hanged, which provides a perfectly even hanging area! Right now there is a 400 watt hps, and 3 42 watt cfls in there, although the hps is turned of until another week or two. I have a small room fan that gives a gentle draft to the closet, that I will be using when I use the hps. Until then, the room stays the perfect temp and gets a draft from the doors being cracked open most of the day.

Size of light? Three 42 watt CFLs @ 2700 lumens each first 2 weeks, then one 400 watt hps + 4x42watt CFLs @ 2700 lumens each.

Is it aircooled? Peak temps last summer reached 92ish, although it hit 102 when my power went out one day. I keep a fan in the closet for 24 hour air flow, leave 6inchs of the sliding closet doors open for extra airflow most of the day (not during no light phase, dont want to risk it getting disturbed). Otherwise, I keep my house at 70 degrees with my central ac, and as such temps stay around 78-82ish. Ive constantly wondered if bad ventilation caused issues in my previous grow, and ventilation is def an area i want to keep a closer eye on this time around.

Temp of Room/cab? 70ish at night, 74ish during day with cfls, 82-84ish with cfls + hps.

PH of media or res? 7 according to my soil ph tester, although i'm not fully sure I trust it to be honest. Not sure how to tell how accurate it is, or if I am even doing it correctly. (Its been awhile, and the directions are long gone).

Any Pests ? No, although I tend to get gnats. Easily dealt with using a bit of diametrious earth spread out over top of soil if I get again however. I learned from last time =)

How often are you watering? Right now Im watering 1 time daily, just enough to wet rockwool and keep soil slightly damp. Keeping close eye out for any signs of over watering, but normally this works fine.

Type and strength of ferts used? Currently only Eleanor's VF-11. However, I have ordered fox farms from amazon: 1 Quart Each of Grow Big Soil, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, / 1 Pound Each of Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching. Not sure if this will be enough, however if I need more Ill order it or pick up from a local store. I plan on using 1/2 strength suggested dosage, starting within the next week or two tops.

Topping, LST, FIMing, etc? LSTing only. I mostly want to keep them as manageable as possible, aiming to get maximum light coverage and distance and minimizing stress to plant. In doing so, I'm hoping to increase my overall yield without the recovery time needed with topping or FIMing.

Start Date: Around Feb 20th. All were sprouted by the 18th (Some about 3-4 days prior),

Goal Harvest Date: Around August 1st 2011, a bit longer than 5 months from now.

Mission Statement: Im trying to get at least 1.5 oz dry off of each plant, as I was able to get about 1 oz off of each plant on previous grow, under non-optimal conditions and without the full fox farm setup. (In fact my nutrient selection was one of my largiest regrets, instead of planning ahead and doing it intelligently i bought almost on whims. I call intelligent shopping taking a look at grow journals that have used nutrients you are interested in, that also are growing in simular situations as yourself. This way, you can see what to realistically expect from the products! At least, thats my current theory...)

About Me:

Hey guys, my names XwwX. Im a medical grower in northern CA. I have grown a total of 3 times in the past, although I only consider the current one and the one prior to be authentic. The other ones got minimal effort, money, and most importantly attention applied towards them.

My limit is 10 mature plants, 19 immature, so I am trying to find the most effeciant way for myself to grow. I want to be able to have enough to last me until my next grow is over, with maybe just enough left over "just in case". I may attempt to clone a mother off of each strain (minus the auto-flowers) which will go into a seperate grow box specifically made for mothers. Eventually, I will be making each other her own box if i get around to it.

Now, the grow:

Alright, so I plan on updating this as often as my schedual allows. I need to find the charger for my camera but eventually I *will* get some pictures up. Promise =)

All the plants were started in rockwool inside a plastic dome. Once they sprouted, they were transplanted into plastic cups. The Super Silver Haze, Bubblicious, and Jock Horror, all got started a few days earlier. As such, they also were exposed to extremely cold temps one night (forgot them outside), followed by way too hot temps the next (HPS came on when it shouldnt have for an entire day!). As such, I have seen some weird disfigurations on the leaves. It will be interesting to see what might happen due to this. My only fear is possible hermie later, but I'm not sure if this is valid. Otherwise aside from a bit of stretching, all the JH, Bubb, and SSH all seem to be doing fine. Most had great root growth already going into the cup from the rockwool.

All of the Wonder Woman and Snow White were planted in rock wool, and in 1 day have popped their heads.I have put the into cups filled with soil mixture also. All Wonder Woman and Snow White look healthy as of current, although some still look "sleepy".

All of the cups have been tagged with appriopiate names, and color coded rags as well to help prevent confusion. They have been given drain holes, placed into drain trays and watered gently and lightly. I have placed them underneath 3 42 watt CFLs @ 2700 lumens each for the moment.

Over all, I feel strangely confident going into this grow. I will say tho, the older sisters in the group had a heck of a rough start! Oops!

Re: 2nd time Indoor Soil 400watt HPS grow with Wonder Woman, Snow White, and more!

Sorry for the delay in posting guys! Ive had to work the last 10 days in a row and its been a bit hectic lately!

The plants are all doing good! My fox farms arrived, and so far im giving them a quarter dose of big bloom as suggested, and will be feeding with grow big next feeding.

They are all lush and green with very thick stems, healthiest plants I have seen. I have managed to keep all except for 1 very short, around, 2-3.5 inch's and going on their 4th and 5th nodes. Ive tried to list some of them using hooks made from a coat hanger to bend them over and expose the smaller branch sights, but little success. I think I need to wait until they are a few inch's taller, maybe a week or so. What are your opinions, this is my first time trying to LST.

As soon as I can find my cord for my camera I will upload pictures, I promise! :tokin:

Hi xwwx

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom