2Water's 1st Grow

Would nutrient burn be an issue with topping of with the super soil? Or would temp shock the pots? It has been raining since I got up, and outside temp is 54.
Like Bill said, topping with it shouldn't be an issue at all as the plant roots can choose whether to populate it immediately or not, and that will depend on how hospitable they find it. The issue comes when you mix it into your soil and the roots have no choice but to be in the middle of it. And that's not even an issue if the soil is fully cooked. If it's not, then the heat created by the microbes breaking stuff down can fry the roots.

That's why in The Rev's organic growing methods he puts spikes of pure amendments down into the pot at up-pot, but outside where the roots are initially. The spikes serve as a nutrient bank for the microbes to use without burning the roots.

Like Bill said, topping with it shouldn't be an issue at all as the plant roots can choose whether to populate it immediately or not, and that will depend on how hospitable they find it. The issue comes when you mix it into your soil and the roots have no choice.

That's why in The Rev's organic growing methods he puts spikes of pure amendments down into the pot at up-pot, but outside where the roots are initially. The spikes serve as a nutrient bank for the microbes to use without burning the roots.
Great explanation Azimuth. Honestly, you guys a the best!

Great explanation Azimuth. Honestly, you guys a the best!
I can tell you what works but @Azimuth can explain why. :thumb:
Brilliant member of our team.
I just follow him around to look good. :cheesygrinsmiley::nomo::rofl:
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Bill284 :cool:

So I filled in a little more soil to the pots this morning. I also saw humidity spike a little last night to 84%rh. Will turn down for lights off and see how it goes tonight. Since I'm addicted to taking pictures, heres some more!
20221211_071901.jpg

20221211_072025.jpg

20221211_072049.jpg

20221211_072124.jpg

Well good morning 420 fam! The girls are 1 week old officially today! Here are some quick pictures from this morning. I noticed a little more yellow, thinking it might be light or maybe my soil is too hot. I gave a couple sprays of water, and will give more when I get home from work. Going to add 2 tablespoons of raw unpasteurized honey to 3 liters, the pots are relatively light and time for another good watering. Any advice, or should I be concerned about the coloring? Thanks in advance!

20221214_070058.jpg
20221214_070135.jpg

20221214_070216.jpg
20221214_070312.jpg

20221214_070344.jpg
20221214_070414.jpg

Your Supersoil should have everthing the plant needs from a nutrition standpoint, at least this early. They do look hungry, though.
Thanks Azimuth. Not sure how accurate the photone app is, I also downloaded tentbuddy (also unsure of accuracy. On the photone it is showing 280-293ppfd on all 3. On the tentbuddy app, it is reading 395 to 403ppfd. So I tried adjusting for that. Could it be from trying to switch the watering schedule? I am trying to follow the article you shared, but didn't notice the change in color until I started trying to implement a wet/dry cycle. Maybe I went too dry?
I've been trying to compare pics, size wise, looks pretty spot on to others the same age. Should I stop with the coconut water and just feed water for a while?

I'd bet it's a root issue. Here's a link to Emilya's article on how to water a seedling in its final container if I haven't shared it with you yet. The wet/dry cycle for a seedling in that large a pot requires some special handling.

I'd bet it's a root issue. Here's a link to Emilya's article on how to water a seedling in its final container if I haven't shared it with you yet. The wet/dry cycle for a seedling in that large a pot requires some special handling.
Yes, I was adjusting to follow this article, but I dont think I was giving enough water in between the wet cycle. I'll give it a read again later! I was also thinking that all of the cal/mag in the coconut water might be locking out N? My mind is racing over everything I've tried to read, lol!

Also, on my way to work, popped in really quick, would taking pics at the beginning of light cycle make a difference? They look a little greener at the moment?
20221214_075244.jpg
That's not something I've noticed. The leaves wilt a little during the darkness, but the color shouldn't change because of the light cycle.

Maybe it just found some nutes it likes as the roots begin to build out.

Thanks, I think I am just being over cautious since they took off faster than I expected and this is the first "trouble" sign I have seen. You think I should hold off on the coconut water for a while? My original plan was to water diluted coconut water 15ml per liter (about a large ice cube per half gallon) for the first 2 weeks during seedling stage, and give weekly watering with an added 2tbsp of raw unpasteurized per 3liters. I tried to convert to standard, but 3/4 of half a gallon sounds janky, lol!

I wouldn't think a seed tea should have that effect, if anything and it's too much it would show up as a nutrient burn on the leaves, but your's look hungry. I still think it's a bit of a watering issue and maybe the roots aren't quite established enough yet. That watering article should fix it up if you follow it closely.

Thanks, glad to have your eyes on this!
:Namaste: do you mind if I ask what is in the pots?:Namaste:
It looks like coco with bark in it?
Sorry for the repeat question.
I'm sure you said already.
Thanks.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom