2'x2'x4' Grow tent setup, how have you made it work?

Aloha 420 growers!

I'm about to embark on my smallest grow ever, in a 2'x2'x4' grow tent. It is a SMALL space. I INSIST on filtering the air intake and exhaust to minimize the chances of pests/mold entering the grow space, AND I'm trying to figure out how to pull the intake and exhaust air from outside the house.

Maybe it's impractical, but nothing is impossible.

My question to you is how have you set up your 2x2x4 grow tents in the past? What has worked for you, and what do you wish you would have done differently? Please share photos of your 2x2 setups!

Thanks everyone for your help!

I couldn't conceive of trying to grow with only 4 feet of height, at least with my set-up. You'd have to do some brutal LST. My pots are 14 inches tall, I need to have between 18-24 inches between the light and the plants, and I need 16 inches between the light and the top of the tent (fire safety). That would leave less than zero room for plants. My current tent is 7 ft, and I really only have a little less than three feet of grow space.

Hey Braddah, what's up?

My flower box is 3' tall and wide by half that deep, so you can definitely do it.

I grow in 2 gallon SIPs I made from hardware store buckets. My setup is almost entirely diy.

My lights are screw in LEDs using vanity light strips. I have three rows of 6 lights each and use the 9w lights with the domes removed. That's 163 watts over 4.5 square feet or about 36w per square foot.

I use Quadlining to keep the plants low until they are ready to flip.

Here's how I vent to the outside through a window without cutting any holes in the walls.

Here's what I did with a 2x2x4.

I've grown in much smaller spaces too. This felt like a palace compared to what I started in. 🤣

I couldn't conceive of trying to grow with only 4 feet of height, at least with my set-up. You'd have to do some brutal LST. My pots are 14 inches tall, I need to have between 18-24 inches between the light and the plants, and I need 16 inches between the light and the top of the tent (fire safety). That would leave less than zero room for plants. My current tent is 7 ft, and I really only have a little less than three feet of grow space.
That was my response when I set up the tent! How can I get enough out of this tent to make the input costs worth it. Training will be brutal, and only short girls allowed.

Hey Braddah, what's up?

My flower box is 3' tall and wide by half that deep, so you can definitely do it.

I grow in 2 gallon SIPs I made from hardware store buckets. My setup is almost entirely diy.

My lights are screw in LEDs using vanity light strips. I have three rows of 6 lights each and use the 9w lights with the domes removed. That's 163 watts over 4.5 square feet or about 36w per square foot.

I use Quadlining to keep the plants low until they are ready to flip.

Here's how I vent to the outside through a window without cutting any holes in the walls.
Shootz! Thanks my dude. I'm shooting for an auto watering 1 gallon Hempy and definitely thinking about quadlining as an option. It's so helpful to have everyone's experience, I appreciate you!

Thanks for the mention, Azi-!
Actually,the 48" height isn't really a problem in my box, I grow them wide instead of tall- If I could do it over again, I'd make it a foot wider in both directions...
The best I've done in there was a 26" tall, 10.2 oz GSC

Here's what I did with a 2x2x4.

I've grown in much smaller spaces too. This felt like a palace compared to what I started in. 🤣
Thanks Vet! I'm leaning towards a design similar to yours, with the tent on a riser. That way I can put a drain bucket in underneath and I don't have to get on my broken knees to work the tent.

PXL_20230221_032612807.MP.jpg
PXL_20230221_032627873.MP.jpg

Thanks for the input dudes. Here's the setup I'm leaning towards so far. I'm just going to exhaust into the room so I don't have to build a box outside to house my filter. For the intake I'm going to build a box around the intake filter ducted to a dryer vent on an outside wall so I'm pulling in fresh air. Train and scrog a single plant to fill the space and stay conscious of the stretch that will happen on the flip. Feed will be pumped in from a 5 gallon bucket (that will be on a stand on the right side of the tent), and drain to a 5 gallon bucket under the platform.

Back
Top Bottom