My First Journal, Kanno 26: I Will Grow 6 Critical Plants From Royal Queen Seeds

Hi Kanno. Plants looking healthy green and good job on main-lining.

And the quoting the upper post; you definitely need an exhaust system. The intake intensity may be lower than the extraction, in which case you would create the vacuum inside the tent. I’ve found out cannabis plants likes that.
If you do have an intake fan/system without exhaust system then you’ll have a stagnant air moving around inside the tent - prob gets too humid during the flowering.

CO2 bag would be a great addition amongst with some kind of exhaust system.
Verbalist is 100% correct. Thought you had one. The idea, as he says, is to have negative air pressure, so that what's coming in and going out creates an "hourglass" type shape on your tent to some extent. It's purpose is to recycle the air, and ideally you want that to happen every 45 seconds to a minute or so. Filter and exhaust fan. AC Infinity would be my choice.

Hello growers, they look great this morning, they have benefited from watering yesterday. The girls have already prayed so I stretched them a bit today and here are the photos. Thanks to everyone for your insight and advice;)
IMG_20220318_094703.jpg
IMG_20220318_094634.jpg
IMG_20220318_094435.jpg
IMG_20220318_094314.jpg
IMG_20220318_094145.jpg
IMG_20220318_094139.jpg
They look great! Now you're getting that prayer angle you want. Nice work Kanno.

Verbalist is 100% correct. Thought you had one. The idea, as he says, is to have negative air pressure, so that what's coming in and going out creates an "hourglass" type shape on your tent to some extent. It's purpose is to recycle the air, and ideally you want that to happen every 45 seconds to a minute or so. Filter and exhaust fan. AC Infinity would be my choice.
As it seems, I probably have no choice but to buy air conditioning. To get rid of you moisture.

But the exhaust I have goes to the room where the box is. And I really would have to cut a hole in the wall of the house, and I don't really want that.
Assuming you have a window to the outside in that room, you can cut a piece of plywood, or rigid insulation, or something like that to cover the open window and then cut your hole, sized to your vent hose, into that cover piece and attach your hose to the hole. I used a connector from the HVAC department of the local hardware store. It has bendable "fins" on the back to hold it to the backside of the insulation piece and a dryer vent type connection in the front.

I did that to vent an airconditioner out of a window that pivots outward like a door. I just cut a piece of the rigid insulation that comes in large sheets to cover wall studs before plastering and such. I cut it to fit the size of the window frame. Works great, no damage to the existing structure, and easily removable when the cold weather sets in.
As it seems, I probably have no choice but to buy air conditioning. To get rid of you moisture.
Venting the room air to the outside will help with the humiduity issue as well. You could attach the hose from the vent in your tent directly to the window cover, or just get a standard window air fan pointed out through the hole. Also provides a bit more stealth as the window is now covered and noone will be able to see in.

Assuming you have a window to the outside in that room, you can cut a piece of plywood, or rigid insulation, or something like that to cover the open window and then cut your hole, sized to your vent hose, into that cover piece and attach your hose to the hole. I used a connector from the HVAC department of the local hardware store. It has bendable "fins" on the back to hold it to the backside of the insulation piece and a dryer vent type connection in the front.

I did that to vent an airconditioner out of a window that pivots outward like a door. I just cut a piece of the rigid insulation that comes in large sheets to cover wall studs before plastering and such. I cut it to fit the size of the window frame. Works great, no damage to the existing structure, and easily removable when the cold weather sets in.

Venting the room air to the outside will help with the humiduity issue as well. You could attach the hose from the vent in your tent directly to the window cover, or just get a standard window air fan pointed out through the hole. Also provides a bit more stealth as the window is now covered and noone will be able to see in.
Thanks for the @Azimuth tip, I have to think about how I will do it so that I don't have to remake it in a while, but thank you;)

even portable air con requires an exhaust to outside so you're no further ahead.

unless you move air to the outside all you would be doing is creating a closed loop system, which would slowly overwhelm your equipment. you also get a lot of mold and other issues.

Exactly. Thats optimal, ditto.
But the outake/exhaust can slower than the intake. Thats pretty common scenario and thats the best scenario if you decide to supply extra CO2.
The air inside wont be too stagnant and the air CO2 ppm levels will raise more.

Exactly. Thats optimal, ditto.
But the outake/exhaust can slower than the intake. Thats pretty common scenario and thats the best scenario if you decide to supply extra CO2.
The air inside wont be too stagnant and the air CO2 ppm levels will raise more.
Ah, very interesting, thanks. I did not know that, but it makes perfect sense. You'd want to have the CO2 stay in the tent longer. Nice call.

Ah, very interesting, thanks. I did not know that, but it makes perfect sense. You'd want to have the CO2 stay in the tent longer. Nice call.
Yes exactly :)
I’ve ran a VERY SIMPLE in- and out take system since last summer.
I’ve a 125mm air duct (runs 120m3/h) which is tubed right next to the window, so I can easily let some cool air in from outside which goes straight to tent.
And the ”exhaust” system;
1647721710914.jpeg

Having this attached on top of my tent on 125mm socket and the socket is tubed to the apartments exhaust air duct. The exhaust air goes directly outside, so I haven’t had to use any kind of Carbon filters.
That fan has two speed setups: 180m3/h or 90m3/h.

Always when I’ve supplied extra CO2 I’ve kept the exhaust fan on the lower speed. And it has worked great in 60x90x140cm tent! Prob gotta setup carbon filters and shit for the new bigger tent later on.

Hi @Verbalist, so the vacuum is cool?
Hi Kanno. Yes vacuum inside the tent would be ideal. But the most imporant thing is to get the air moving. You basicly want some kind of intake system for the new fresh air -> then fans inside the tent moves the air around -> and an exhaust system to get rid of that air as you supply new air.

And when I buy CO2, I don't have to deal with humidity or do I misunderstand it?
No. CO2 bags or tanks wont lower your RH.
Purpose of the extra Carbon dioxide is to mimic the nature. Normal room air has about 300-400ppm of CO2. And the ideal amount of Carbon dioxide for cannabis plants would be close to 1000-1200ppm. (Thats already a lot)

And then what extra CO2 does? Well you can google all the benefits as there is more than I’ve fingers.
The best benefits are: plants are able to photosynthesize more, they can handle easily 2-3C higher temps and increases plant overall resistant.

And if you’re havin troubles with high RH inside the tent, you could try get a demudifier also.

You wanna get rid of the excess moisture before you flip the plants. For the flowering phase I bet the plants would be fine between 35-45% RH. Higher humidity (below 50%) is acceptable, but over 50% during the flowering prob causes problems with VPD.

And if you’re havin troubles with high RH inside the tent, you could try get a demudifier also.

You wanna get rid of the excess moisture before you flip the plants. For the flowering phase I bet the plants would be fine between 35-45% RH. Higher humidity (below 50%) is acceptable, but over 50% during the flowering prob causes problems with VPD.
Thanks @Verbalist, that sounds interesting, I'm sure I'll think about it. And can't I just have a passive air supply or is it better for me to drive it inside the tent? ;)

Thanks @Verbalist, that sounds interesting, I'm sure I'll think about it. And can't I just have a passive air supply or is it better for me to drive it inside the tent? ;)
Basicly everything works as you’ve #1: an intake fan; which could be basicly what ever that just blows fresh air inside to the tent. #2: Fan(s) inside the tent which moves the air around for creating the breeze. And #3: Exhaust fan. Exhaust fan can also be almost everything.

If you wanna go for the ”budget-style” first check what size is your tent bushing at the top and bottom of your tent - usually theyre either 125mm or 100mm holes.

Then find your local hardware store, hydro store or w/e and look for either 100mm or 125mm (these are usually standard sizes of ventilation ducts in houses also) for this kind of fans:
1647782684002.jpeg

You can attach those fans to your tent bushing sockets. Use couple binders and they should stay still.
Intake fan goes usually at the bottom area of the tent, and outtake/exhaust is at the top.
You can also use tubes to tube the air in or out to the different places etc. etc. the imagination is just a limit!

This is the most basic setup how you want to ventilate your grow tent air movement:
81882DE1-539C-4B17-8CE6-BD41B01F27BC.jpeg

- intake at the bottom of the tent
- fan(s) inside the tent
- exhaust at the top

And heres a basic setup incase you would decide to use carbon filter and duct fan on your exhaust/out take system:
F6350243-A60E-4152-B38E-BCEBD0B2030C.jpeg

- intake fans at the bottom
- carbon filter which is tubed to duct fan/exhaust fan. So the fan sucks the air and as it comes through the carbon filter it neutralises the odor which comes out from the fan end.

Damn that was a POST! Hope that helps.

Basicly everything works as you’ve #1: an intake fan; which could be basicly what ever that just blows fresh air inside to the tent. #2: Fan(s) inside the tent which moves the air around for creating the breeze. And #3: Exhaust fan. Exhaust fan can also be almost everything.

If you wanna go for the ”budget-style” first check what size is your tent bushing at the top and bottom of your tent - usually theyre either 125mm or 100mm holes.

Then find your local hardware store, hydro store or w/e and look for either 100mm or 125mm (these are usually standard sizes of ventilation ducts in houses also) for this kind of fans:
1647782684002.jpeg

You can attach those fans to your tent bushing sockets. Use couple binders and they should stay still.
Intake fan goes usually at the bottom area of the tent, and outtake/exhaust is at the top.
You can also use tubes to tube the air in or out to the different places etc. etc. the imagination is just a limit!

This is the most basic setup how you want to ventilate your grow tent air movement:
81882DE1-539C-4B17-8CE6-BD41B01F27BC.jpeg

- intake at the bottom of the tent
- fan(s) inside the tent
- exhaust at the top

And heres a basic setup incase you would decide to use carbon filter and duct fan on your exhaust/out take system:
F6350243-A60E-4152-B38E-BCEBD0B2030C.jpeg

- intake fans at the bottom
- carbon filter which is tubed to duct fan/exhaust fan. So the fan sucks the air and as it comes through the carbon filter it neutralises the odor which comes out from the fan end.

Damn that was a POST! Hope that helps.
Yeah it was Verbalist! DAMN. This is what makes you a heavy hitter man! Look at the effort you go through to help someone you probably never met. This is the type of stuff I try to model my efforts by. Kudos.

Good morning @Jon, thank you for your two cents. That's exactly why I finally decided to start a diary. I've always used a dome in previous rusts, and when they got to the point where I had to take down the dome, the leaves started to twist terribly and I couldn't figure out why it was happening to me, now I'm starting to think that most of it was the dome.
Hi @Kanno26 . I agree with @Jon and it looks like you are off to a good start. I cloned for the first time last spring and was glad that a friend suggested doming it, or I would have lost them. P.S. I am still smoking the bubble hash I made from them. :goodjob:

Hi growers, today the girls are in the middle of last week in vegetables. Yesterday I pulled everything that kept them level, because some girls have already started to pull that country themselves. I'll throw them in bloom on Monday and I'll stretch the support net before that. Here are some photos of the girls. Thanks to everyone for your insight and advice. ;)

IMG_20220323_092248.jpg

IMG_20220323_092240.jpg

IMG_20220323_092236.jpg

IMG_20220323_092200.jpg

IMG_20220323_092151.jpg

IMG_20220323_092144.jpg

IMG_20220323_092134.jpg

IMG_20220323_092130.jpg

Meaning you untied them? The translator bungled the reason so I didn't quite understand. Most growers will leave the ties on at least through the second week of flower to get past the stretch since they can still get a bit unruly.

But you mentioned a support net, so maybe you're changing tactics a bit.

They look super healthy and happy! :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom