Will a 2'x2'x4' tent be enough for autoflowering females?

LacesOut

So I've been searching these same things on this site and google but can't find any answers which surprises me. I've seen some grow journals on tents this size but not many. One experienced grower tried to make it work and said he ended up having to move his plant to a larger tent.

I've looked at ways to make the plant more bushy and less tall but seems like it will complicate things for a total noob. Would like to get one plant under my belt before experimenting with things that experienced growers are doing. I am only looking to grow 1-2 plants and would like on average 1/2 oz per month, so if grow takes 3 months I would want a yield of 1.5oz+ dry,

I measured out what 2'x'2'x4 will look like and it seems huge to me. However, I found another tent that is 2'x2'x5.333' (5 ft.4" tall) I'm considering going with that instead because I just don't want to have any complications if the plant will get too big for my tent. I want it to grow to full height, if I have to sacrifice some to make it work then so be it.

The seeds I'll be using is Bubblelicious and AK-48 both Autoflowering females. Thanks

I've looked at ways to make the plant more bushy and less tall but seems like it will complicate things for a total noob.

Not really. There are, basically, two things to do - keep your lights as close as possible to reduce the stretch and top the plant, twice preferably.

I grew these without any training, just topped them twice. This pic is two weeks before the harvest and the ladies were exactly 80cm tall (32 inches). The right one was FIMmed, wanted to see the difference and, as you can see, it went ballistic :)

It was 50-50 hybrid, Special Queen from RQS, so it wasn't even Indica dominant.

2015_1.jpg

All the best.

If you are using HID grow lights or LEDs, you will need a taller tent because depending on the strength of the bulbs, you would need to keep them 12-18 inches away at all times to prevent light burn and heat stress.

Depending on how you train your plants, you can go tall or you can go wide. If you're going to cram more than 4 plants in a 24" x 24" space, then you need at least 60" of height, and even then you will have to tie the branches down to keep them from hitting the light.

Even a 24" x 36' wire shelving unit will give you two levels at 6 square feet each, and more room for your crop. Your bottom level allow at least 48" and use the top level for seedlings, clones, and juveniles.

I'm assuming that you have a limited amount of floor space, like I do. ;)

Back
Top Bottom