3 auto plants

what sort of yield would you generally obtain from the DDa,
First four years I grew them in the summer sunshine in my sun room/balcony..so mixed results from British weather..best, close to 4oz.
The worst, 1oz, that was really poor year though..the sun literally disappeared for 4 weeks right at full flowring time.
did it's yields increase as you gained experience growing it?
short answer..no
But now indoors I'm getting more consistent results..I'd expect to get an average of 2.5oz a plant.

That's the draw back for this strain. It's old school auto genetics, hasn't got the mighty vigour of modern autos.

In your case out on the balcony I'd plant 2 in smaller pots and count it as one plant space.
Or look at sweet seeds big devil, one of the parents of dark devil I believe.

Day 24
Third watering/feed.

Buddha tree silica: 0.25ml per ltr
1/2 scoop plant magic magnesium
Level tsp mycho dissolved
Topped up with hard water nutrients to 1.4ec
Starting ec of tap water: 0.7ec (a rise from 0.5ec. Summer drought concentration?)
Ph: 6.3

Plants given 6 ltrs each.

20220820_093608.jpg

Forbidden runtz auto Day 24
Before watering and LST.
20220820_111416.jpg

Forbidden runtz Day 24
After watering and LST.
The fr is doing great. It has filled the surface of a 7 gallon pot with multiple tops. Now time to let her grow upwards.

20220820_093814.jpg

Strawberry Banana auto Day 24
Before watering and LST.
20220820_111852.jpg

Strawberry Banana auto Day24
After watering and LST.
This plant has been fighting the early LST all the way. The stem for her leaves are really long, so when I tie the tops down the leaves reach up above them blocking light.
I've got another seed and when I grow that out I'll just top and let her express herself. Wild.

20220820_105734.jpg

20220820_105802.jpg

Dark Devil auto Day 24
Just starting to show first flower pistils. She looks delicate at the moment but she'll stretch lots this coming week.
Just letting her grow upwards.

20220820_115421.jpg

Day 24

Light: 24k lux, ~410ppfd
Temps: between 24°c and 27°c
Humidity: ~58%

Day 24
Third watering/feed.

Starting ec of tap water: 0.7ec (a rise from 0.5ec. Summer drought concentration?)

20220820_093608.jpg

Before watering and LST.
20220820_111416.jpg

Forbidden runtz Day 24
After watering and LST.
The fr is doing great. It has filled the surface of a 7 gallon pot with multiple tops. Now time to let her grow upwards.

20220820_093814.jpg

Before watering and LST.
20220820_111852.jpg

After watering and LST.
This plant has been fighting the early LST all the way. The stem for her leaves are really long, so when I tie the tops down the leaves reach up above them blocking light.
I've got another seed and when I grow that out I'll just top and let her express herself. Wild.

20220820_105734.jpg

20220820_105802.jpg

Dark Devil auto Day 24
Just starting to show first flower pistils. She looks delicate at the moment but she'll stretch lots this coming week.

20220820_115421.jpg

Day 24

Hiya listersmeghead,
hope everything is ok your end.

That runtz has opened up perfectly!..this is what i stride for.

Strawnanna from what i have seen is ment to be a nice strong smoke.
Not tried it myself but looks good either way.

Same with your dark devil,seen some nice colours on this strain from afew journals,can't wait to see how she turns out for you.

Thank you.

Cheers Smokey.

Your HSB auto is on point mate..you've already nailed the LST on that plant, it's going to be a beauty.

Strawnanna from what i have seen is ment to be a nice strong smoke.
It's one of fastbuds highest thc autos, up around 27% according to their advert bumf.. That doesn't always translate to a nice high, I'm excited to find out though.
:passitleft:

Day 24
Third watering/feed.

20220820_093608.jpg

Before watering and LST.
20220820_111416.jpg

Forbidden runtz Day 24
After watering and LST.

20220820_093814.jpg

Before watering and LST.
20220820_111852.jpg

After watering and LST.

20220820_105734.jpg

20220820_105802.jpg

Dark Devil auto Day 24

20220820_115421.jpg

Day 24

Looking good, nice and healthy. :thumb:
Hope you have a good weekend.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Cheers Smokey.

Your HSB auto is on point mate..you've already nailed the LST on that plant, it's going to be a beauty.

It's one of fastbuds highest thc autos, up around 27% according to their advert bumf.. That doesn't always translate to a nice high, I'm excited to find out though.
Your welcome,
Thanks for that.

Fastbuds was the thing that made me go to auto's but copped some mephisto at the start by random and just stuck with them.

Cheers.

Cheers Bill
You have a good weekend too buddie
Cheers for popping in.
If no one needs me that's good right. :thumb:
Good to see everything green and healthy.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Your welcome,
Thanks for that.

Fastbuds was the thing that made me go to auto's but copped some mephisto at the start by random and just stuck with them.

Cheers.
Yeah I've heard good things about mephisto..I know they do drops on their site once a week and sell out quick. Well popular.
They've got a shop in London, I keep meaning to stop off when I'm there but I've always got a child with me lately. I'll try them one day.

Day 28.
I've put up a second tent today, so a change around.

Tent 1 (original tent)
The forbidden runtz is in this tent on her own.
20220824_091638.jpg

20220824_091602.jpg

20220824_091350.jpg

Forbidden runtz auto Day 28
Doing really well, started showing pre flower pistils. I expect her to stretch this week filling the tent. Going to be a beautiful plant.

Temps: between 24°c and 28.5°c
Light: 29k lux, ~490ppfd

Tent 2
Now home to the strawberry banana and dark devil
20220824_094317.jpg

20220824_094012.jpg

20220824_093825.jpg

Dark Devil auto Day 28
Doing exactly what I'd expect from a dda. Stretching and transitioning to flower. She is about 1' tall now and I expect her to carry on stretching this week. Small delicate flowers appearing.

20220824_093613.jpg

20220824_094149.jpg

Strawberry Banana auto Day28
This plant is growing like a vine, quite weird. She's healthy and progressing but grows so many long stemmed leaves. I'll definitely top the next one instead of early LST. Curious to see how this one grows this week as I have no idea what to expect?:hmmmm:

Temps: running at 27.9°c lights on at the moment, I'll check over the next 24hrs.
Light: 30k lux, ~510ppfd.

Day 28.
I've put up a second tent today, so a change around.

Tent 1 (original tent)
The forbidden runtz is in this tent on her own.
20220824_091638.jpg

20220824_091602.jpg

20220824_091350.jpg

Forbidden runtz auto Day 28
Doing really well, started showing pre flower pistils. I expect her to stretch this week filling the tent. Going to be a beautiful plant.

Temps: between 24°c and 28.5°c
Light: 29k lux, ~490ppfd

Tent 2
Now home to the strawberry banana and dark devil
20220824_094317.jpg

20220824_094012.jpg

20220824_093825.jpg

Dark Devil auto Day 28
Doing exactly what I'd expect from a dda. Stretching and transitioning to flower. She is about 1' tall now and I expect her to carry on stretching this week. Small delicate flowers appearing.

20220824_093613.jpg

20220824_094149.jpg

Strawberry Banana auto Day28
This plant is growing like a vine, quite weird. She's healthy and progressing but grows so many long stemmed leaves. I'll definitely top the next one instead of early LST. Curious to see how this one grows this week as I have no idea what to expect?:hmmmm:

Temps: running at 27.9°c lights on at the moment, I'll check over the next 24hrs.
Light: 30k lux, ~510ppfd.
Spreading out nicely, healthy girls. :welldone:
Hope you are well my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Alright mate, great grow buddy. Very healthy looking plants. That nice shade of green that mine lost 😂

I'm Curious about your starting soil mixture. What brand of myco are using. Silica is something I wasn't adding on my first grow. I added volcanic rock dust that contained silica thinking that would be enough, obviously a big, Doh..
My early growth so far on the fast buds has been slow. They took a longer than usual. To be fair fastbuds were grata when I contacted them, they have resent my order, so fair play to them.

Alright mate, great grow buddy. Very healthy looking plants. That nice shade of green that mine lost 😂

I'm Curious about your starting soil mixture. What brand of myco are using. Silica is something I wasn't adding on my first grow. I added volcanic rock dust that contained silica thinking that would be enough, obviously a big, Doh..
My early growth so far on the fast buds has been slow. They took a longer than usual. To be fair fastbuds were grata when I contacted them, they have resent my order, so fair play to them.
Alright gaz, good to see ya.
Yeah fastbuds are a really good company..you see them responding to peoples questions on their web site. They sent me the wrong seeds in my last order, the wife sent them an email and they sorted it straight away, ended up with a few extra seeds.

I'm Curious about your starting soil mixture. What brand of myco are using.
I'm using plant magic supreme soil and great white myco, but next time I run out of great white I'm going to give @DYNOMYCO a try. I've seen lots of growers on here using it with great results, They're a site sponsor also..plus it looks like it's a little cheaper than great white. Bonus.

My early growth so far on the fast buds has been slow.
Yeah autos can start off slow then they explode around week 4.
Just got to get into good watering habits when starting autos. That's the good early thing to concentrate on.

Any more questions just fire away mate. If I don't know the answer I'll point you in the right direction.
We'll have you growing some fire meds.

Alright gaz, good to see ya.
Yeah fastbuds are a really good company..you see them responding to peoples questions on their web site. They sent me the wrong seeds in my last order, the wife sent them an email and they sorted it straight away, ended up with a few extra seeds.

I'm using plant magic supreme soil and great white myco, but next time I run out of great white I'm going to give @DYNOMYCO a try. I've seen lots of growers on here using it with great results, They're a site sponsor also..plus it looks like it's a little cheaper than great white. Bonus.

Yeah autos can start off slow then they explode around week 4.
Just got to get into good watering habits when starting autos. That's the good early thing to concentrate on.

Any more questions just fire away mate. If I don't know the answer I'll point you in the right direction.
We'll have you growing some fire meds.

Nioocee, I didn't know about plant magic plus product, I've been looking for a good soil that I can get in Ireland, and this I can.
How does the nutrients hold up, will it last until the end without top dressing with wormcasting or flowering amendments?
I have that white shark myco, but I didn't know u could add it directly to water and give it that way. I thought it was only to go directly on plants roots systems. But I guess it gets there when u add it with the watering. Nice, I will defo try this.. 👍

Nioocee, I didn't know about plant magic plus product, I've been looking for a good soil that I can get in Ireland, and this I can.
How does the nutrients hold up, will it last until the end without top dressing with wormcasting or flowering amendments?
I have that white shark myco, but I didn't know u could add it directly to water and give it that way. I thought it was only to go directly on plants roots systems. But I guess it gets there when u add it with the watering. Nice, I will defo try this.. 👍
They call the plant magic supreme a "soil" but its not really, it's a peat based product. I treat it like a soil but can be run like soiless passive hydro also.

How does the nutrients hold up,
It's got hardly anything in it. I start feeding the plant after 2 weeks.
I don't go the organic route or adding amendments, I just use plant magic grow/bloom bottle nutrients for hard water. My water is seriously hard, one of the worst in the country full of calcium carbonate, so I cater for that.

I have that white shark myco, but I didn't know u could add it directly to water
I used to do hydro many years ago, so I'd bung some in the reservoir and it used to grow in there...so I just carried on when I started in the soil. I also sprinkle some in the soil when filling the pot.
You can get a liquid myco now called orca by the same company I believe.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom