3 days of dark - In an oil drum

Babbitt

So I want to give my white cookies 3-4 days of dark before harvest. The issue is I have no dark area to put the plant. The only option I have right now is to place it inside a food grade oil drum that's never been used for anything else. Think this will work? Lol

3-4 days of dark before harvest

Old wives' stoners' tale. Waste of three good days (of giving light-energy to the plant so it can finish "maturing" or of post-harvest drying time, however you want to look at it), IMHO.

Old wives' stoners' tale. Waste of three good days (of giving light-energy to the plant so it can finish "maturing" or of post-harvest drying time, however you want to look at it), IMHO.
I've never tried this method and always looking to mix things up. My biggest concern is if the clean food grade oil drum is suitable or been tried by another member.

Will work even with an old 44 oil drum, you can get food grade sanitisers.

I think you might be looking for the dark reference to heading, in that night should be 10 hrs of complete dark, as this is a thought to help fatten and cycle properly? Just a thought probably wrong.

I be thinking washing after harvest is probably more important that 3 days of dark. If those trichomes aren't big enough by harvest 3 days of dark isn't doing anything. I know the science behind the theory but I've never seen the difference in trichomes or potency. I've looked at it through a digital microscope and didn't see a difference. Just harvest and wash rinse repeat IMO.

But a food safe barrel washed out with peroxide and water would work . I'd worry about the humidity. At that stage the lower the better.

ES

The only time I use that method is if there is a big difference in the amber trichomes from the top and the middle of the plant. If there are to many on top I will take them out of the light to finish. This way the light does not degrade anymore trichomes. The lower part of the plant seems to speed up in the total darkness. You don't need total darkness. Get them as dark as you can. In the end just not having them under intense light will help. Yes the plant is going to need fresh air just like before. It is still processing everything within itself and has the same needs as a plant with light. They will even need water in some case's. You want to harvest when the pot is dry. If you put a dry pot in the dark the plant will be wilted in 3 days. Plants at this stage do not use tons of water but they still need it to finish right. Make sure they have at least 2 days worth of water when you put them in darkness.

Nice advice Jack. Would a heavy duty paper bag tie wired over finished amber head be better? Allow air to circulate to a degree, not sweat the head and provide a more even temp in the head?

Just a thought.

Yeah it might work. You would still need to refresh that air. Early on or the humidity in the bag will be way high for the first few days.

Back
Top Bottom