3 hydro plants = 1lb! Is it possible?

Re: 3 hydro plants = 1lb ? is it possible !

jc i may be wrong but ive heard nothing but bad things about hannah meter just a heads up

I'm bummed. I was not looking for perfection just a rough estimate to monitor nutrient consumption. I guess I'll just have to see for myself and let you know.

JC

jcool, don't worry man. The Hanna primo meter is actually fine. Just know that its conversion rate is .5 or 500. It checks what is called Electrical Conductivity (EC) but converts that to a parts per million calculation. Different meters use different conversions so when comparing your readings to what your nutrient bottle says or what someone writes on a post what their PPM reading was, you can only compare your reading to theirs if it has the same conversion rate. Otherwise, you need to convert from one to the other. Think of it like Celcius and Fahrenheit temperature readings; different numbers for the same thing. Here is a chart to make things easier.

3912ec-ppmChart1.jpg

It may be confusing at first, but it will make more sense over time.

The "Junk" meter budlover mentioned does exist and I had one. It is a pH meter from Hanna known as the "Checker". It looks like the Blue Primo TDS meter except it is red and does pH. It is absolute crap. I upgraded to a better pH meter that has a temperature probe as well. Good find.

as you can see i have been having a bit of trouble with all the larger leafs turning yellow and dying. on the other hand all the new growth is looking very healthy w/ a good color. this is just starting the second week under the grow lights so i don't know if it's my nutrient solution, ph level, or just getting themselves rooted into the larger rockwools that is causing this. temperatures in the room run about 87-90 degrees when the light is on. about 10 -15 degrees cooler when the lights are off. humidity sits around 40% consistantly. also a couple of the plants look a bit thin because i just snipped some clones from them. lots of new growth however so i hope in a week they start to get bushy. running an 18/6 light cycle right now and curious as to how long i should run this cycle before switching to 12/12 cycle.

this usually happens when your clones get established because the larger fan leaves are the energy powerplants... they were used to keep the plant going while it was rooting... they look good by the way... +rep

we all test our water before adding nutrients, However, I buy distilled water and so far I have not had to adjust the ph. If your having trouble, this might be something to try:rollit:

hello all... sorry for the long absence in updates but i have been out of town for a wedding. much has changed as i had some problems to deal with. the first problem was the large rockwools i am using (6x6) had become totally saturated and the plants roots had not spread from the smaller rockwools into the larger ones. the second issue i had was the water in the resovoir was being heated up way to much. seems like it must be the grow lights heating the water as it passes thru the supply line because the resovoir itself is on a cool concrete basement floor away from any strong light.

so all three plants have been pulled from the grow room, taken out of the saturated/rotten rockwools and placed into brand new ones and put back under the flouresent lights until they can establish some healthy rooting. fortunately i have been growing some clones under the flouresents that are developing nicely. one plant is ready now and has been moved into the grow the room as the pictures show. i am hoping in about a week or so i will be able to move 2 more of the established clones into the grow room as well.

to deal with the water being heated up some insulation has been placed over the water supply line and also built some custom rings in hopes of keeping the rockwools from getting to saturated. also have placed the water supply pump on a timer so it runs only when the lights are on and shuts off during the sleep period. well that is what i got for now. let me know what you guys think after reading this and taking a look at the pictures.

rockwools over saturated and rotten
grow_room_11_-_old_water_saturated_rockwool.jpg

roots where not developing well :(
grow_room_12_-_weak_rooting.jpg

clones are looking healthy under flouresents
grow_room_13_-_stong_clones.jpg

mature clone moved into grow room
grow_room_10_-_new_transplant_sinsi.jpg

showing off the insulated tubing
grow_room_9_-_new_water_system_set-up_and_transplant.jpg

like always thanks for taking the time to look and offer any advice.

i know i know... root rot has messed it all up... but it's not all lost, just pushing me back a couple of weeks i guess.

this evening i went ahead and wrapped the insulation w/ reflective tape and stuck a piece of reflective foam insulation over the pots without plants in them. the water temperature has dropped dramatically. looking to get a water themo soon.

with fresh water in the tank the pH appears to be between 7 & 8. added nutrients just before the light cycle and will check pH tomorrow morning to see where it sits after the feeding.

food added....
75ml micro
50ml grow
15ml bloom

grow_room_4_-_nutrients.jpg

Back
Top Bottom