420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: January 2023

420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month: January 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Renee Roberts

420 Support
420 Staff
Welcome to 420 Magazine's Grow Journal of the Month Contest!

This contest celebrates the very best grow journals on 420 Magazine as nominated and judged by the 420 Magazine member community.

All members are welcome to nominate other members' journals and vote on a winner each month. We ask that everyone please consider the following factors when suggesting nominees and voting on this contest:

• Frequent Activity & Updates - Journals should be regularly maintained and updated
  • Attention To Detail - Journals should discuss growing methods and techniques in detail
  • Quality Photography - Pictures should be clear and of good quality
  • Proper Grammar & Structure - Journals should be well-written and easy to understand
  • General Forum Conduct - Journal and author should adhere to published forum guidelines
  • Stays On Topic - Journals should be focused on Cannabis cultivation
  • Responds To Questions - Members posting questions receive clear and thoughtful responses
  • Explains Well & Offers Advice - Journal is a good environment for new growers to learn
  • Promotes our Sponsors - Journals should feature or recommend our Sponsors' products whenever possible
The winner receives "Grow Journal of the Month" title and the following Prize Package:

420 Magazine: 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Magazine Magnet & 420 Magazine Stickers
GeoPot: Winner's choice of 5 x 3 Gallon Pots, 3 x 5 Gallon Pots OR 1 x 15 Gallon Pot
Geoflora Nutrients: Geoflora Veg & Geoflora Bloom
Foods Alive: Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
Sierra Natural Science: SNS-217 Spider Mite Control - 1 Quart Mix Pouch
Prescription Blend: Complete Nutrient Kit
Herbies Seeds: 3 Seeds Each of 3 Different Strains
Vivosun: Heat Mat and Digital Thermostat Combo
Mile High Cleaner: Deluxe Cleaning Kit

Shipping fees may apply to some packages shipped outside of the U.S.
You are responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.
Additional Details On Prize Shipping & Customs Duties

Members may only win this title once per calendar year.

This contest is open to single grow Journals in Progress only, that have been updated by the original poster within the last 30 days.

As of Jan 1, 2022, perpetual journals are no longer permitted to be nominated in our contests. We realized that this contest was not fair to those who have created single grow journals to highlight methods, sponsors and genetics, as most perpetual journals are half filled with off topic conversations. Single journals simply cannot compete with perpetual journals that have multiple grows, many pages and years of gathered followers. This is the kind of loophole that creates the "popularity contest" mindset, so we opted to remove it to minimize drama and keep things fair. While we truly appreciate the teaching, content and comradeship that a perpetual journal provides, we cannot allow them to be a part of this contest any longer, nor do we have the time, energy and resources to add another contest.

Please send your nominations to 420 Support (@Renee Roberts @Paul Squiggle or @Teddy Edwards) via private message, including detailed reasoning for your nomination. 420 Staff will assess and approve the community nominations, then members determine the winner by poll.

Nominations are accepted from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST every month. Approved nominations will be posted shortly after midnight PST and, at that time, the polls will open through midnight PST on the last day of the month to vote for a winner.

Please follow the above guidelines to propose a nomination and do not post or discuss nominations in the contest thread. Nominations and/or suggestions of nominations in the contest thread will be deleted without notice.

Support the 420 Magazine community and your fellow members by getting involved with our contests and, if you don't already have a grow journal, please see How To Make A Grow Journal

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
January Nominees
@Farside05 - Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets
I would like the nominate Farside05 for Grow Journal of the Month of January.

His grow journals are organized, easy to understand and very informative, and when hes not working on that, he's helping troubleshooting other growers problems.

His grows are setup to be easy to understand and educational. Always will to help a fellow grower out or talk to them about their current grow.

He can often be found breaking down and explaining, to fellow growers, what it is they are feeding their little ladies.

Don’t vote until you explore his current journal.

Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets

@024backwards - Barney’s Mimosa EVO X Orange Punch
I would like to nominate a newish journal. They are only 3 pages in, so it’s a perfect time to catch a ride!

024backwards showcases his Barney’s Farm Mimosa EVO X Orange Punch in a journal called Barney’s Mimosa EVO X Orange Punch. His journal is not only jammed pack with support to many sponsors, it’s clean, well presented, and it has been super interesting watching him trouble shoot and produced a beautiful healthy veg plant. His photography is on fleek and his content is on topic.

He (I think they are a he, if he’s a she, she has HUGE hands lol) just flipped his girl so there is still plenty of time to join his grow show. I do have to warn you, while his dog is as ugly as a hat full of arseholes, his plant is not! Lollllling!

So for me it’s Mr Backwards FTW

🥇❤️🥇❤️🥇❤️

@Keffka - Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow
I'd like to nominate Keffka's Coast Of Maine grow for this month's GJOTM.

I really enjoy his approach to growing and the manner in which he engages with our community.

This particular journal hits on a lot of points that normally go overlooked both in a grow and in a journal. He demonstrates he is educated in cultivation and isn't shy to share this expertise with others.

This journal is documented well and has great fluidity. I enjoy his candor and comradery.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

Can you provide some clarification as to how the winner of a tie is determined? I’ve checked the rules and cannot find the information.

We leave the poll open until the tie is broken. I will look into adding it to the guidelines.

We leave the poll open until the tie is broken. I will look into adding it to the guidelines.

Thank you for the response! I appreciate that even on a Sunday, on New Year’s Day, you’re still on here administrating!

Lol I’m gonna ask a question again smh.. “Members may only win once a year”. Is this once per calendar year or one year from the month they won?

Once per calendar year, so when we do the annual contest we get 12 different members.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
January Nominees
@Farside05 - Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets
I would like the nominate Farside05 for Grow Journal of the Month of January.

His grow journals are organized, easy to understand and very informative, and when hes not working on that, he's helping troubleshooting other growers problems.

His grows are setup to be easy to understand and educational. Always will to help a fellow grower out or talk to them about their current grow.

He can often be found breaking down and explaining, to fellow growers, what it is they are feeding their little ladies.

Don’t vote until you explore his current journal.

Farside05 Goes SIPs, Mars Hydro FC4800, Osmocote, FN Nutes - Supplements - & GroBuckets

@024backwards - Barney’s Mimosa EVO X Orange Punch
I would like to nominate a newish journal. They are only 3 pages in, so it’s a perfect time to catch a ride!

024backwards showcases his Barney’s Farm Mimosa EVO X Orange Punch in a journal called Barney’s Mimosa EVO X Orange Punch. His journal is not only jammed pack with support to many sponsors, it’s clean, well presented, and it has been super interesting watching him trouble shoot and produced a beautiful healthy veg plant. His photography is on fleek and his content is on topic.

He (I think they are a he, if he’s a she, she has HUGE hands lol) just flipped his girl so there is still plenty of time to join his grow show. I do have to warn you, while his dog is as ugly as a hat full of arseholes, his plant is not! Lollllling!

So for me it’s Mr Backwards FTW

🥇❤️🥇❤️🥇❤️

@Keffka - Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow
I'd like to nominate Keffka's Coast Of Maine grow for this month's GJOTM.

I really enjoy his approach to growing and the manner in which he engages with our community.

This particular journal hits on a lot of points that normally go overlooked both in a grow and in a journal. He demonstrates he is educated in cultivation and isn't shy to share this expertise with others.

This journal is documented well and has great fluidity. I enjoy his candor and comradery.

:goodluck: Good Luck Everyone! :goodluck:

This is why when I get up in the morning I do two things. I put on a pot of coffee then I hit the 420 magazine shortcut on my Home Screen and wake up with this awesome community! I really appreciate the nomination, thank you! Everyone here makes this a great place to be!

EDIT: I posted this in my journal but was reminded of the rules so I’ve moved it here:

“So it’s kind of a bummer you don’t get to see who nominated you for these contests since I’d like to thank them personally, but I get it, the anonymity makes people more open and honest. However, who (whom?) ever it was, thank you. I appreciate your kind words and it makes me happy you felt strongly enough to take your own personal time to write something. Win or lose is irrelevant and always has been (don’t get me wrong it’s nice to win 🤣), it’s the appreciation and respect of my peers that really drives me to do my best. You guys are those peers and this journal is what it is because of you fine folks.”

Only 3 nominations this month?!

It happens some times.. I’ve noticed usually around holidays or when a lot of people have seasonal stuff to do. Likely from people spending time with family and having real world stuff going on. Plus it’s winter for a lot of our community, and we have a whole lot of outdoor growers. Come summer time it’ll probably be a fight just to make the nomination list.

Only 3 nominations this month?!
You know, I want to comment on this Lootz, thank you for bringing it up!

These nominations come from our members here so it's all up to you guys and gals, whose grows we can showcase!

I know you all are in and out of eachother's journals all day and really love some, if not most of them. Same things goes for members, individually.

I humbly ask all of you each month to just take 5 minutes between the 1st and the 15th of the month and message any of the staff, including me, with a brief paragraph or so about what Grow Journal or Member you want to nominate for the month!

So many wonderful members and journals just go unrecognized here and it's going to be my new goal to increase the number of votes coming in per month because so many people deserve the opportunity!

If we can find 60 people to vote on a Nug of the Month and Plant of the Month between the 16th and 30ish of the month, surely we can find 10 people to nominate someone for GJOTM and MOTM between the 1st and the 15th.

Best of luck and congratulations to all 3 of this month's nominees in this category and all nominees in every other category; excellent work and thank you all for being such an integral part of this community!

You know, I want to comment on this Lootz, thank you for bringing it up!

These nominations come from our members here so it's all up to you guys and gals, whose grows we can showcase!

I know you all are in and out of eachother's journals all day and really love some, if not most of them. Same things goes for members, individually.

I humbly ask all of you each month to just take 5 minutes between the 1st and the 15th of the month and message any of the staff, including me, with a brief paragraph or so about what Grow Journal or Member you want to nominate for the month!

So many wonderful members and journals just go unrecognized here and it's going to be my new goal to increase the number of votes coming in per month because so many people deserve the opportunity!

If we can find 60 people to vote on a Nug of the Month and Plant of the Month between the 16th and 30ish of the month, surely we can find 10 people to nominate someone for GJOTM and MOTM between the 1st and the 15th.

Best of luck and congratulations to all 3 of this month's nominees in this category and all nominees in every other category; excellent work and thank you all for being such an integral part of this community!

If I’m not mistaken, The only requirement for nominating someone is that you have 50 posts so you can PM/DM someone. Is that correct?

I recognize it takes time and effort to do this which is why I find it so humbling to be nominated in the first place.

If I’m not mistaken, The only requirement for nominating someone is that you have 50 posts so you can PM/DM someone. Is that correct?
This is correct Keff!!
I recognize it takes time and effort to do this which is why I find it so humbling to be nominated in the first place.
Your journal is exquisite as are you, so that's no surprise. I'm grateful that you are able to be showcased here this month, you deserve it!

It does take time, but not much really at all! I nominated every month since I came on here, I felt like I needed to because I learned so much from so many.

“Exquisite”

Your lexicon brings me joy and certainly decimates any sort of “stoner” stereotypes of idiocy.

I agree about the feeling compelled to give back. I’ve nominated others most months but slipped for January. I could make an excuse for it but this place deserves better than that so instead I’ll just mark my calendar and not let it happen again.

“Exquisite”

Your lexicon brings me joy and certainly decimates any sort of “stoner” stereotypes of idiocy.
I'd go out on a limb and say that no one here lights the stoner stigma candle anywhere near you my friend
I agree about the feeling compelled to give back. I’ve nominated others most months but slipped for January. I could make an excuse for it but this place deserves better than that so instead I’ll just mark my calendar and not let it happen again.
You're awesome. Thanks Keff!

Back
Top Bottom