420 Magazine's Member of the Month: September 2023

420 Magazine's Member of the Month: September 2023

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations on your nomination @Wastei - I have voted for myself once, no, twice. The first time I objectively thought my entry was the best one. I try to separate the entries from the growers and vote as objectively as possible for what I think is the best. The second time I was in a close one on one battle with someone, and I noticed that person had voted for themselves. In that case I felt it was fair to vote for myself. But generally speaking, I feel (and seems most do) as you do - I won’t vote for me. However, I share this to let you know, your vote is valuable and needed. We don’t have 100 people voting or anything. If I may suggest (just a suggestion really - you do what you want!) - maybe it’s better to vote, just not for you if you feel strongly that way?
We may have different views on things and there's nothing wrong with that! I have my values that I strongly stand by. I get more out of helping someone out than winning. The winning part stopped being important a long time ago. But I'm not judging anyone eager to win a contest, we should all support each others journeys!

That being said I believe you're a great contributor to the community!
:peacetwo:

Philosophical Question for you, @CaptainLucky? What would you do if you entered say, NOTM, and there were only seven other entries that month, and you honestly thought the other seven were meh and you thought yours was awesome? In other words, how would you vote in that exact circumstance? When you very objectively (as much as we can be about our own buds) assessed your entry as the best by a good bit? (There’s no right of wrong answer, I’m really just curious about your philosophy)
That would be contingent upon how the other members voted. If they were voting for themselves ? Then I see nothing wrong with voting for myself. If no one else was voting for themselves then I wouldn’t vote for myself. Hope I answered your question. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

That would be contingent upon how the other members voted. If they were voting for themselves ? Then I see nothing wrong with voting for myself. If no one else was voting for themselves then I wouldn’t vote for myself. Hope I answered your question. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
You cannot see how the others vote until you vote. I think or at least that is the way it is for me.

Philosophical Question for you, @CaptainLucky? What would you do if you entered say, NOTM, and there were only seven other entries that month, and you honestly thought the other seven were meh and you thought yours was awesome? In other words, how would you vote in that exact circumstance? When you very objectively (as much as we can be about our own buds) assessed your entry as the best by a good bit? (There’s no right of wrong answer, I’m really just curious about your philosophy)
Surely that is precisely the circumstance where one should not vote, because you cannot hand on heart say 'Yes, this is the best in my opinion' in which case don't say anything
The magnanimity of praising others is equalled only by the ignominy of those who don't

We may have different views on things and there's nothing wrong with that! I have my values that I strongly stand by. I get more out of helping someone out than winning. The winning part stopped being important a long time ago. But I'm not judging anyone eager to win a contest, we should all support each others journeys!

That being said I believe you're a great contributor to the community!
:peacetwo:
Agreed! I wasn’t telling you how to feel by any means! To each their own. I respect your position completely, and as I said, short of very rare circumstances, I share it.

That was tough. Hardest vote I’ve made in one of these, not because I’m a nominee as well at all - I’ve read and chatted with all the other nominees and learned and laughed from them all.

Fun problem to have!

Kevin offered me good odds on betting, he’s got my $20 stake now.. 🤣

Surely that is precisely the circumstance where one should not vote, because you cannot hand on heart say 'Yes, this is the best in my opinion' in which case don't say anything
The magnanimity of praising others is equalled only by the ignominy of those who don't
Hmm. That’s a good point @Roy Growin - good enough to change my course of action. I should have thought of simply not voting in that circumstance. For the record - I’ve entered like 50 contests and have always felt as you guys do. I not only hardly ever (‘cept that one time) think I have the best entry in any contest, but also don’t vote for myself even when I maybe do, except in those extremely rare circumstances. And I never under any circumstances would vote for myself for either MOTM or GJOTM. But POTM and NOTM? In the future if I feel that way (it really never happens, this month is no different) I simply won’t vote. Fair point.

Ditto. CL🍀
It’s fun to learn about others philosophies and points of view when it’s done as if two friends are talking life philosophy rather than from a critical perspective, yes?

Hmm. That’s a good point @Roy Growin - good enough to change my course of action. I should have thought of simply not voting in that circumstance. For the record - I’ve entered like 50 contests and have always felt as you guys do. I not only hardly ever (‘cept that one time) think I have the best entry in any contest, but also don’t vote for myself even when I maybe do, except in those extremely rare circumstances. And I never under any circumstances would vote for myself for either MOTM or GJOTM. But POTM and NOTM? In the future if I feel that way (it really never happens, this month is no different) I simply won’t vote. Fair point.
I grew a Golden Tiger for almost 6 months and I thought I had the best plant so in that rare circumstance I voted for myself even though I didn’t have no chance of winning. I don’t know if I would do it again though. CL🍀

I grew a Golden Tiger for almost 6 months and I thought I had the best plant so in that rare circumstance I voted for myself even though I didn’t have no chance of winning. I don’t know if I would do it again though. CL🍀
Lol! See? RARE circumstances. Although after this discussion I’ll never do it again regardless, lmao.

Lol! See? RARE circumstances. Although after this discussion I’ll never do it again regardless, lmao.
I got caught up in the whole process and I let my pride get the better of me. But I won GJOM for the grow so I’m happy with that now. CL🍀

That was tough. Hardest vote I’ve made in one of these, not because I’m a nominee as well at all - I’ve read and chatted with all the other nominees and learned and laughed from them all.

Fun problem to have!

Kevin offered me good odds on betting, he’s got my $20 stake now.. 🤣
Looks like I owe you $20 bucks for the vote. HaHa

Looks like I owe you $20 bucks for the vote. HaHa
That’s what I thought! But Kevin reckons its $30 when he adds the vig and then another $20 for the juice for an even $50 total.
I told him I thought vig/juice were the same thing but he was adamant! $50

🤣

Back
Top Bottom