420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

I have some granular kelp meal if you think that would work?

Kelp meal is not the same (great stuff but not the same). Happy to send you another package of Kelp-Ful, the fulvic part of Kelp-(Ful) helps by naturally chelating the beneficial components that come from kelp.

My gsc girls. Day 17. Think they are turning the corner now. Thank goodness ! Would have been embarrased if they croaked. Hahaha.
Well hell now I'm embarrassed! :rofl: Yours are HUGE compared to mine!

I always worry when you transplant them so young with the tweezers. Think when they are so tiny best just let them be for a couple weeks. I don't fool with them until they start thriving. Afraid i will stunt their growth. Or worse just kill them. I got huge fingers so when you transplant them that young gives me some anxiety for you and them lol.

Kelp meal is not the same (great stuff but not the same). Happy to send you another package of Kelp-Ful, the fulvic part of Kelp-(Ful) helps by naturally chelating the beneficial components that come from kelp.
I do appreciate that Matthew. I'm expecting my GSC plants to take off any day now. They are getting the big girl dosage now so we'll see.

Journal Update for today 5/2/21 for the Girl Scout Cookies plants from our sponsor Weed Seed Express

Each day I can see they are getting a little bit bigger. Their feeding schedule is following the Prescription Blend feeding table. The runt is actually starting to catch up a little bit too. Today the girls are at sprout +22 days. Slow but picking up speed. Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful weekend like I am here.

Journal Update for today 5/2/21 for the Girl Scout Cookies plants from our sponsor Weed Seed Express

Each day I can see they are getting a little bit bigger. Their feeding schedule is following the Prescription Blend feeding table. The runt is actually starting to catch up a little bit too. Today the girls are at sprout +22 days. Slow but picking up speed. Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful weekend like I am here.

Looking very green and healthy beez0404

At this time I am planning to top them twice whenever that happens and up-pot into 3 gallon fabric pots. Once in the fabric pots and I'm happy with their shapes I'll move them into the 3x3 tent where the @Mars Hydro FC-4800 is waiting impatiently for them. Being my first grow with this strain from this sponsor @Weed Seeds Express I am more curious about how the plant grows, what it likes to eat and how much. Some plants I find perform better when just left to grow au natural while others thrive when heavily trained.

That's one of the lights I was thinking about getting but it's more expensive than what I want to spend. We currently have the FC-3000, which I like but it's for a 3x3 growing space. Our tent is 5x5 so I'm thinking the FC4800 might be better.

I may go with another FC3000 simply because it's more affordable. However, I'm also considering the TS 3000. It has a reflective hood vent and it's for a 4x4 growing space but it's the same price as the FC3000.

Do you have any opinions on whether a reflective hood is a good thing or not necessary?

Hi @HashGirl have you looked at the @Mars Hydro FC-E series of lights yet? Their FC-E 6500 is only $170.00 more then their FC-4800 light. And the FC-E 6500 is rated to effectively cover a 5x5 flowering area. May be something to consider. I personally have not grown with a light with the reflective hood but perhaps someone who has can chime in? I do know this about the FC-4800, I have already set mine up on my tent and located the driver outside the tent. I turned it on as a sort of test run and set it at 25% strength. The light panel itself at 25% is still cool to the touch while the driver is barely warm at all. I am loving that about it. Over the next week to 10 days I'll be raising the light level to see what I can expect, see how warm it will get.

That's one of the lights I was thinking about getting but it's more expensive than what I want to spend. We currently have the FC-3000, which I like but it's for a 3x3 growing space. Our tent is 5x5 so I'm thinking the FC4800 might be better.

I may go with another FC3000 simply because it's more affordable. However, I'm also considering the TS 3000. It has a reflective hood vent and it's for a 4x4 growing space but it's the same price as the FC3000.

Do you have any opinions on whether a reflective hood is a good thing or not necessary?
Hey HashGirl I've ran LEDs my entire time growing indoors without reflectors but my observation is pointing towards not needing them in a tent that's dialed in. Reflectors might be a good option for grow room sets up but I'm sure someone on here can explain that better than I can lol I trial and error until I perfect haha

Hi @HashGirl have you looked at the @Mars Hydro FC-E series of lights yet? Their FC-E 6500 is only $170.00 more then their FC-4800 light. And the FC-E 6500 is rated to effectively cover a 5x5 flowering area. May be something to consider. I personally have not grown with a light with the reflective hood but perhaps someone who has can chime in? I do know this about the FC-4800, I have already set mine up on my tent and located the driver outside the tent. I turned it on as a sort of test run and set it at 25% strength. The light panel itself at 25% is still cool to the touch while the driver is barely warm at all. I am loving that about it. Over the next week to 10 days I'll be raising the light level to see what I can expect, see how warm it will get.

Thanks for your input, beez. I'm hoping to get a light for under $500 since I'm buying it personally and it's not coming out of the household account. My husband says we can't afford a new light and, in fact, he has no idea I'm thinking about doing this but I'm going to be using all of the tents this summer and I don't want a tent with purple lights.

I'm leaning towards another FC3000 as it will match the other lights, which we like and it's on sale right now so there's that as well.

Hey HashGirl I've ran LEDs my entire time growing indoors without reflectors but my observation is pointing towards not needing them in a tent that's dialed in. Reflectors might be a good option for grow room sets up but I'm sure someone on here can explain that better than I can lol I trial and error until I perfect haha

Thanks Moto.

I actually read an article about that and they essentially said what you did but I just wanted to get some feedback from people I "know".

At this time I am planning to top them twice whenever that happens and up-pot into 3 gallon fabric pots. Once in the fabric pots and I'm happy with their shapes I'll move them into the 3x3 tent where the @Mars Hydro FC-4800 is waiting impatiently for them. Being my first grow with this strain from this sponsor @Weed Seeds Express I am more curious about how the plant grows, what it likes to eat and how much. Some plants I find perform better when just left to grow au natural while others thrive when heavily trained.

Have a great grow @beez0404 !!

I ended up buying one of the @Mars Hydro lights that was on sale, the FC3000, which is the light that we already own 2.

Felonious wasn't thrilled that I had spent money that we didn't have on it but a new light was important to me.

It was suggested to me that maybe I should have bought a less expensive light from someone else but I like Mars Hydro's products so that's why I bought from them.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the 420 Magazine discount because it went straight to PayPal and there was no opportunity to enter it. Oh well. It was only 3% so I guess it's not a big deal.

@HashGirl that was money very well spent. That light will pay you back in no time at all. You bought a top quality light from a really great company. Something that REALLY stands out for me with @Mars Hydro is their 5 year Warranty on that light. That alone tells me that Mars is proud of their products and stand behind them. I think you were a smart shopper.

I have a 2x2 tent I would love to put one of those FC-3000 lights into. I think it would just fit in there and allow me to see how a plant would react to such a great light.

Back
Top Bottom