420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BooWho2

Gorgeous plants Boo!
I wouldn't kick a single one out of my tent!

I couldn't handle growing outside too many critters, big and small. I'd be doing night watch.

There is a motion detector attached to a sprinkler head. Perhaps something like that would help?
I know they can be rigged up remotely attached to a five gallon pail and run on batteries.

I did something similar to keep birds and squirrels off my peach trees, but it was just on a timer set to spray the trees for 10 seconds every 3 minutes!
I saw a YouTube where a guy had one on a bucket his pickup bed.
Some guy came up to break into his truck. Hilarity ensued.
A deterrent for both birds and bird-brained thieves.

Gorgeous plants Boo!
I wouldn't kick a single one out of my tent!

I couldn't handle growing outside too many critters, big and small. I'd be doing night watch.

There is a motion detector attached to a sprinkler head. Perhaps something like that would help?
I know they can be rigged up remotely attached to a five gallon pail and run on batteries.
Thanks for that suggestion - it may just work. We had a bear on the deck again last night. Bye bye bird feeders. :eek:
And thanks for the plant compliments! All 4 of them are just gorgeous plants in their own way. It's so, so hard to go full in with outside plants because - from what I've experienced - you are jumping thru your butt all summer trying to protect them, and they pretty much look horrible the whole grow. o_O
I've watched several growers here cross into Sativa territory in the past year. Now I'm crossing into Indica territory and love it so far. :roorrip:

Thanks for that suggestion - it may just work. We had a bear on the deck again last night. Bye bye bird feeders. :eek:
And thanks for the plant compliments! All 4 of them are just gorgeous plants in their own way. It's so, so hard to go full in with outside plants because - from what I've experienced - you are jumping thru your butt all summer trying to protect them, and they pretty much look horrible the whole grow. o_O
I've watched several growers here cross into Sativa territory in the past year. Now I'm crossing into Indica territory and love it so far. :roorrip:
I have a few different strains stashed now so I'm really using cannabis on a different level than I ever have. I never had the luxury to fine tune my body and mind like I can now.
I need an uplift or a sedative I just medicate accordingly.
What I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure if I lean one way or the other. Sativa or indica. Right now I'm lovin' on the hybrids.
I think I have it in my brain that it's all about the terpenes,either individually or in symphony with each other.
I'm finally starting to be able to determine what terpenes I'm looking for in a strain depending upon intended use. Unfortunately most cannabis strains don't have this info readily available for comparison or consideration.
Not enough lab testing and the strains would have to be very stabilized for the testing to mean anything....phenos being what they are.
Blah,blah,blah...I'm stoned.:smokin:

What I'm trying to say is that I'm not sure if I lean one way or the other. Sativa or indica. Right now I'm lovin' on the hybrids.
I think I have it in my brain that it's all about the terpenes,either individually or in symphony with each other.

I'm finally starting to be able to determine what terpenes I'm looking for in a strain depending upon intended use. Unfortunately most cannabis strains don't have this info readily available for comparison or consideration.
Not enough lab testing and the strains would have to be very stabilized for the testing to mean anything....phenos being what they are.

I always say I'm a sativa girl but I totally agree with you on the terpenes. I really wish seed sellers would list the prominent terpenes for each phenotype. I'm partial to caryophyllene, terpinolene and humulene. :battingeyelashes:

Blah, blah, blah...I'm stoned, too. :ganjamon:

I have a few different strains stashed now so I'm really using cannabis on a different level than I ever have. I never had the luxury to fine tune my body and mind like I can now.
I need an uplift or a sedative I just medicate accordingly.
That makes perfect sense. Lol. I don’t use MJ “medicinally”…well maybe I do, which is why I’ve leaned very hard towards sativas. But wow, that Purple Lemonade (a hybrid I believe?) is so physically relaxing along with the crisp and clear high. I’ve never felt that before. I likey. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I really wish seed sellers would list the prominent terpenes for each phenotype.
I'm hoping that some day this will be a standard.
Would be cool to have a strain finder linked to a data base. Add the terpenes you are looking for and come up with the closest matches in available strains?
I don’t use MJ “medicinally”…well maybe I do, which is why I’ve leaned very hard towards sativas.
Well, let me ask you this...
Do you used cannabis to relax or destress?

There can be a very fine line between recreational and therapeutic use imo.
Stress can cause havoc on our immune systems allowing greater maladies to take hold. I would consider to be therapeutic/medicinal if this were the case.

I'm hoping that some day this will be a standard.
Would be cool to have a strain finder linked to a data base. Add the terpenes you are looking for and come up with the closest matches in available strains?

That would be cool. Too bad I failed my computer tech course or I could start one, myself.

Well, let me ask you this...
Do you used cannabis to relax or destress?

There can be a very fine line between recreational and therapeutic use imo.
Stress can cause havoc on our immune systems allowing greater maladies to take hold. I would consider to be therapeutic/medicinal if this were the case.

Felonious agrees with you. My Summer grow is titled Summer 2021 Recreational Grow because all of the strains are for getting high but he says that since I use getting high to ignore all the bad stuff in the world that it's misnamed but whatever. Fun is recreational in my books. And, I know it's meds, too.

You've got a friggin' bear! You need more that a sprinkler and motion detector. You need some big ass, mean ass deck dogs! And dispensable ones, not the kind you fall in love with. :lot-o-toke:

I do better with branch ends but occasionally I can get a top to root.

Are you going to try @Virgin Ground's perlite/water method? Seems simplest to me.
I usually just use the stuff off the bottom that is too shaded to make it to the canopy that i am taking off anyway. Perlite was my jam until i tried an experiment a couple of weeks ago. Put my worst looking cutting(Was gonna toss it) in a coffee mug in a southwest window with just water and a dip in clone powder. Then after a week dipped her again in clone powder. Grew roots on day nine and is the best looking easiest clone i ever had. Couldn't get away with it in winter and i always have a light in the kitchen on for my roommate because she goes to work early. But i was surprised with the ease.

You've got a friggin' bear! You need more that a sprinkler and motion detector. You need some big ass, mean ass deck dogs! And dispensable ones, not the kind you fall in love with. :lot-o-toke:
LOL! Yes we do! I hope to get a pic of it some day. Virginia Wildlife Center just came out with a notice asking people to stop feeding the birds in feeders because there is a bird flu going on that is being spread thru the feeders and it's killing birds, problem (hopefully) solved for a little while. I think those mean dogs must be the Great Pyrenees that a lot of farmers around here have. My dog is too dumb, and thinks he can chase the bear. That won't end well. :confused:

:ciao: Happy Thursday! I topped GSCs #2 and #3 and also took clones using the method that @Virgin Ground uses. We shall see what happens. I've got something going on with #3 and #4. I'm sure some of it is bugs but I'm thinking that maybe backing off the MC is creating a little nutrient issue? I went ahead and added a tablespoon of CalMag to their feeding today. Anyway - it's that time of year for fugly plants!
PXL_20210617_214249050.jpg

GSC 2-4 with auto flower extras.
PXL_20210617_211100376.jpg
PXL_20210617_211040910.jpg

:peace:

PXL_20210617_211038810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom