420's Bettybud - The Widow - Indoor Grow - 2014

almost looking as good as yours MP :thumb:

Here's another question, when mixing nutes i often have some water left over.. Is it ok to leave this water and use it a few days later? I did this before and it really stunk (although this was more like 5 days), i threw it as was worried it could cause problems..

You know, I don't really know. I did it once too and had no negative effects. However, i figure the amount of Nutes I am using doesn't really hurt me financially, So why not just do new water each time.

Yea financially it's not really a problem, I was more thinking about saving time as i've spent ages trying to get the PH accurate. Although saying all this, I've started using the new PH pen which is much quicker at giving me an accurate figure. Turns out the old meter shows PH 7 whilst the new one shows PH 3.1! Clearly i've been feeding a very low PH mix, no wonder i've had a couple of problems.. :thedoubletake:

my PH pen lasted 5 times. Now I'm back to color matching.
I would think it is ok to use again, just check the ph before feeding.

So been up in the loft today.. I plan to dry my bud here after harvest, I put a thermometer up there to check temps and humidity, it's very hot up there which could be a problem? Also, something I cannot believe I didn't think to do before.. I have a long CFL light up there (if that's the name) I could have perhaps veged my 4 plants up here and moved them into the tent for flower saving on electricity! I'm now thinking to put some new plants underneath it so when my current crop is chopped these could move into the flower tent creating a perpetual grow, it looks just the right length for 4 plants! My loft is massive! if only I could have 50 plants :love: Here is a couple of pics..

IMG_31313.JPG

IMG_31324.JPG

Ok so almost 3 weeks in flower.. I just need to clear something up with my Purple Arrow plant, I've been saying that it is mostly Sativa and I'm not sure where I got this from but I think looking at the leaves it does look like a Sativa.. anyway been researching it again and I've found a page that states it's 90% indica!

I've had to lift my light again today as the PA continues to stretch (only 3 inches from the top of the tent!), noticed some slight heat stress on one of the forming buds so I've also supercropped her to slow upper growth.

Pics:

Purple Arrow slight heat stress
P1100275.JPG

P1100276.JPG

supercropped
P1100282.JPG

do i need to start lollipopping??
P1100280.JPG

My White Widow budding up nicely! buds forming all over her! :cheesygrinsmiley:
P1100279.JPG

Looking very nice! I have heard of people wearing welding glasses for LEDs, not sure about HPS, Sunglasses couldn't hurt though. :)

Yea I may get some. I should really wait for some bud before spending more cash.. I have some friends wanting about half of my harvest when it's ready! So i'll have some more cash then for further investments :woohoo:

I did however purchase this to run a fan in the loft :laughtwo:

Streetwize SWPP5 5 in 1 Power Pack: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

it's not easy for me to get power up there and can't really see any other easy way to do it, if this can run a small fan for a good few days then I will buy another to use whilst one is charging..

Yea I've been thinking about this, just trying to figure out the best place to put the hole.. I have the light already up there and someone said i could run the fan from the lighting cable but i'm no electrician.. would be real nice to get a good setup up there though.

Been thinking about flushing my plants, i've not done it at all so far during the grow, is it something that must be done?

Day 26 in flower, my best 2 plants:

IMG_31827.JPG

IMG_31803.JPG

IMG_31796.JPG

IMG_31595.JPG

Thanks PB i will add some pictures below as i do still have the one plant that struggles, i was close to taking it out to make space for the healthier plants, is it normal to get the odd plant that just doesn't grow well like others? Would you flush this plant? I will add one picture of this plant next to the other White Widow that was potted the same day, neither have been topped so they should look almost identical..

P1100285.JPG

P1100284.JPG

P1100286.JPG

Hi athos, thanks for stopping by. My temps at the minute average about 25c or 77 fahrenheit, it's not gone above 82 for a while now but a few weeks back temps got as high as 88! this is now the shortest plant by far in the grow room and it stays much further away from the light than the others, some people think it's a PH problem but i really don't know for sure..

Back
Top Bottom