420's Bettybud - The Widow - Indoor Grow - 2014

Older plant today:

44_17_inches_.JPG

and my ph device

IMG_30965.JPG

I hope this is an accurate reading without the probes being fully submerged in the water..

Thanks for coming back again PB :high-five: I've been reading into defol and I can't see how it's such a good thing to do, when the leaves get light they work like solar panels and when they die the nutrients are sent to the rest of the plant so I think it's good to keep them, I have however cut the tips off the lower fan leaves to stop them touching the soil.

So now i'm just thinking to bend any higher growth to the corners of the grow room so I get complete coverage, and this will let more light to the lower growth to speed that up

Going off subject a little, could anyone give me recommendations for a decent vaporiser? I've never used one before and I'm trying to find a healthier way for me and my girlfriend to use cannabis. I love using my bong but now my girlfriend is interested and I don't want to be responsible for ruining her lungs! :) although I'm sure smoking pure weed is healthier than a joint mixed with tobacco..

I never got used to the vaporizers and have tried many different ones. Its a completely different taste and a different high as well. There are allot of cool looking ones on the market but honestly some are just a giant pain in the butt! I would especially stay away from the smaller "portable" pen style ones. (they work horrible...just my opinion). If you want a good one, I would look into a digital easy vape. They are the easiest to find and adjust the temp and you don't have to worry about batteries, etc.

That is exactly like mine (except mine was $159 when they first came out) The one you found is an awesome price!. Those work great and you can usually get replacement whips for it for cheap.The volcano is cool (my friend has one) but they are more for smoking at a party or with allot of people (the bags for the volcano are huge!!). As far as vapes go, i think the easy vapes are the best for the price. The "da budah" and the "hotbox" are great also but now your talking double the price. Just make sure yours is digital (like that one) the non-digital don't display temps and are a pain to find the proper temp with.

Just ordered it so we will now have matching vapes :high-five:

I've also just ordered a small air con unit as it's been very hot the last couple of days and tomorrow is expected to be 32c! (90f) so about enough to halt any growth on my plants.

Will need to do a few grows now just to cover the cost of my investments :)

You can add molasses to your current mix (1 Tbs per gal). It serves as a good source of calcium as well as it helps break down salts in your soil (which means its a great tool for flushing). Your plants look really healthy right now but adding molasses wouldn't hurt. As for your "investments being covered" i think your in for a surprise when these girls get going. Your "investments" will more than be covered....This is why we do this!!!:hookah:

Good stuff, Molasses ordered! PB you've been great so far throughout my grow with some great advice so thanks again for that :thumb: How many grows do you have under your belt?

I think the plants are all looking much better than they did a couple of weeks back, i think i'm getting better at controlling the PH, humidity and temperature, also when I started feeding nutes I was giving nowhere near the recommended dose.. I do still have the one plant that's a little unhealthy but it's growing and hopefully will continue to improve.

I have to admit I will be surprised if I get more than a few ounces, I look at the plants and cannot see how they could hold many big buds especially after reading that they stop growing at about week 3 of flower.. But then this is my first grow and I'm still learning so much!

Don't get me too excited I still plan to purchase a larger air con unit and dehumidifier! :laughtwo:

Iv grown outdoors forever....lol. I would veg seeds and clones indoors for a couple weeks then move them outside. Now I have moved to a state where it isn't "legal", so iv been forced to move everything inside. It was a big learning curve but im getting the hang of it thanks to the help from other indoor growers. .:slide: I especially like the fact that I can have more than one grow per year now! And as far as your harvest goes, unless something really horrible happens; im still convinced you should yield around 2 oz. per plant (minimum).

some small marks showing on a couple of fan leaves, got me looking for spider mites but nothing found. I hope they're still ok..

Been thinking about what i need to do with my vents at the bottom of the grow tent, do some people screen them so no bugs get in? I've just put a couple of pieces of cardboard there to hold them open so fresh air gets in easily and on one side it's held open with a fan blowing the air in. Heres how that looks:

P1100268.JPG

P1100267.JPG

almost looking as good as yours MP :thumb:

Here's another question, when mixing nutes i often have some water left over.. Is it ok to leave this water and use it a few days later? I did this before and it really stunk (although this was more like 5 days), i threw it as was worried it could cause problems..

Back
Top Bottom