420's Outdoor CBD Therapy Grow Journal - 2016

Hi folks,

Grow: 102 days, flo 42 days.
One more rainy week: bad weather here since the beginning of May. Beating records of lack of sun and excess of rain. This was a good idea to have this greenhouse/shelter made. Given the mildew attack in tomatoes, botrytis would have also made huge damage in the buds.
The first sign of senescence are visible now.
I have watered with fertilizers for the last time one day ago, I think I will now use clear water until the end (expected in 2-3 weeks).
Everything looks fine, buds are gently growing, the smell is still rather light.
P1120169.jpg
P1120170.jpg
P1120163.jpg
P1120181.jpg

Here is a picture of the cutting (the mother plant is at rear), which is growing fast, but not like the mother plant was: leaves are much smaller and the stretch is already rather significant. I have seen 1 pre flower one week ago, no other since. Maybe still some sequelae from the return to veg mode...
P1120186.jpg

Below are some pictures of a plant given by a friend: he got seeds after having kept a little too long 2 autoflowering strains. This girl is very stinky, autoflowering (about 2 months flowering) and looks rather sativa by sight. I let it grow almost on its own and she has produced very thin buds but sticky and nicely perfumed. This was more for fun, but I like it.
P1120183.jpg
P1120168.jpg
P1120166.jpg

All the best

GH

Hi again!

After a quick research on the internet, the plant issued from a seed after crossing by chance 2 auto flowering strains, displays a typical ruderalis look, which fits with the automatic trait of its parents. Rather amazing how fast the the characteristic of each parent disappear (they were cream caramel auto and sin tra bajo)
my best
GH

Hi folks,

Bad news this evening. Botrytis has hit and the damage are serious. The apical bud is still OK, apparently, but the ones just below have been destroyed at 50% and even the cola is attacked. Until yesterday, I have seen nothing, but today.....what a deception. All the smaller secondary buds look fine, but I think I will cut rapidly, at least the apical bud, since it is already very thick and mold may spread rapidly if not already started. I think the issue is the black box, very tightly closed by plastic to protect from the light. Humidity is probably 100% due to the soil and the lack of ventilation: the risk of outdoor... However, manipulating the buds to remove the rotten part, I could see how sticky it is already!
P1120188.jpg
P1120191.jpg

Best

GH

Hi all,

Not a disaster but close to.....almost all buds have been infected by Botrytis in a few days. In order to worsen the situation, the weather is very warm since the last 2 days (30°C and more) with still something like 80% humidity. Since last week-end I have been cutting almost every day, removing buds as soon as I was seing botrytis spreading. I will have lacked almost 2 weeks: as a result, buds are very small and the dry weight should be very small. I will tell you. Since yesterday, I have stopped putting the girl in her black box 12 hours a day, hoping regeneration may occur.
a few pic of the poor girl after multiple cuttings. The last 3 buds will be cut tomorrow: making the pictures, I have seen some suspect grey zones...
P1120199.jpg
P1120200.jpg

To end the day with better news, below is a picture of the natural one bud produced by my widling plant, smelling terrific: almost 40cm.
P1120197.jpg

Best
GH

although the therapy grows very well in size and colour, for some reason maybe (low thc) it has a lot lower resistance to pests i think.

although the therapy grows very well in size and colour, for some reason maybe (low thc) it has a lot lower resistance to pests i think.

It makes sense! THC works like some kind of protection for the plant...
But in this case humidity is very high and there is no ventilation...
So, its not possible to have a conclusion.. I'm growing this variety in a very humid region too, I really hope it can handle!!

Good luck!!:Namaste:

I've read through and caught up and I'm hoping for the best for you. I'm sub'd in. If you ever want to bring your plant to early flower, the 12/12 switch is critical. I have seen people place large bins over their plants to force shade. Sorry to hear about the B-word, you are doing the best you can. Wishing your lovely plant a speedy recovery in time for your vacay. .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi everybody!

The summer can't set up here this year, still cloudy, rainy and hardly reaching 20°C those days. The good news is that the botrytis spreading has stopped, so the remaining peripheral buds can keep maturating (as a reminder I have stopped to put her in the black cabinet in a 12h/12h period of time). At the moment, no sign of stress or regeneration, despite light changes, cuts, but it has been only one week since she is at normal day light (and one week watering with clear water).
The cutting is doing well and has been up potted today. It has been trimmed twice, into 4 main branches: see the pic.
Thanks for the all comments and following, it will be interesting to see therapy behaves in Pablo's hands. I agree with Pablo that in addition to a possible weakness versus pests due to the lack of THC, the 12 hours a day spent is the black cabinet, outside bu not ventilated, has probably played a devastating role. This is probably one of the reasons why the botrytis has stopped once I stopped putting her in the dark.
We will also see how the cutting behave, it should again be very humid when she will finish flowering.
Best wishes for your grow!
Best
GH
P1120216.jpg
P1120218.jpg
P1120219.jpg
P1120220.jpg
P1120217.jpg

Hi Folks,
At least, summer is there :welcome:! No rain since 3-5 days, some wind to dry the air, 25-28 °C, too bad it didn't arrive before. Everything is not lost at day 122, 62 days flowering. The small but nice remaining buds are still growing, I will wait one more week before cutting. The smell is still rather light. Despite Mrs CBD therapy is under day light for more than 2 weeks, no sign of stress or regeneration, still flowering strongly (from the basis, see pic). No doubt that the harvest will be rather small, this was a try, I don't think I will do the same next year.
P1120240.jpg
P1120242.jpg
P1120235.jpg

If the mother plant has suffered from botrytis, the cutting is doing pretty well and it will probably give me a better harvest (but I will have to manage with the rains at fall....let's be reasonably optimistic). Whatever, I like growing these girls, which is the most important.
P11202441.jpg

I have already tried it once with buds picked up 2 weeks ago and saved from botrytis: before doing a report, I prefer waiting for the next try, probably this week end, with buds close to full maturity.

All the best for your grow!

Hi Pablo! Thanks for keeping an eye on this journal. I was wondering if you have started your CBD therapy seeds and how they were doing?Any pic?
Best
GH

Hey, how are you?

I have 2 cbd therapy growing, they are at day 30 from seed, but I having some issues with both! :hmmmm:
One of them is "defective", the second pair of true leaves sprouted together, like welded. It worked like a topping, and the plant had to develop lateral stems. Looks like some kind of mutation, I have no idea.
But the real problem is: both of them are underdeveloped, have some burn leaves and most of the time the leaves are curling downwards, also crisper than normal leaves.
I'm using coco coir, 1/2 L pot, advanced nutrients grow coco a&b (500ppm), ph 5.5, 96W cfl 6500K, 20/4 h. Humidity and temps seems to be ok, at least acceptable. It's winter in Uruguay and is cold , but is not the first time I grow in these conditions. They are indoor and inside a ventilated shoe box. I just can't understand these plants. Maybe is a hard to grow strain, I don't know.
The plant in the left is already topped and oldest fun leaves removed.
IMG_294316.JPG
IMG_293916.JPG
IMG_294113.JPG
IMG_29449.JPG

When the have recovered and transplanted I'll flip the lights to 12/12 and start a journal..
I hope you can try this strain soon!
Keep sharing and best wishes!

Hi Pablo!
Thanks for the update and pictures. At first sight, and this is the gardener who speaks, since I am not a cannabis grower expert, it looks like they have too much light: I mean not in duration but perhaps in intensity (or too much UVin the spectrum?): the internodes are very small, like plants growing in altitude with less UV filtration due to the thin atmosphere. Maybe also too much fertilizer (burned and curled leaves ?). However, they look strong and once you will have found the right tuning, they should grow fast. In my hands, with only the mild natural light of spring here (center of Europe), it was easy to grow (at least at the beginning!)
What about the smoke? I tried it for the second time yesterday evening, using a vaporizer (Magic flight box). The smell is nice but diificult to put names on the fragrances and the smoke not irritant to the throat. No head buzz, no running heart, no dry throat but a feeling of well being, feeling relaxed (brain and body). You can stay very focused on what you are doing all along. What ressembles to standard weed is perhaps the sensation that time elapses differently and, something I like the most in cannabis, the feeling of hearing at music much better. I also slept very well after smoking, which is not the case when I smoke standard weed, even indica dominant strains. The day after, I keep on feeling well and ready to be active.
I think it will become my favorite. I will be happy to have your feed back on it !
Best wishes for the next steps and keep in touch!
GH

Really nice report! It's exactly the kind of weed I'm looking for!
I've tried cbd skunk haze, cbd critical mass and cbd nordle. They are ok, much better than regular cannabis for me, but I'm looking for something with less thc, in this case almost none!
These cbd therapy still have a long way until ready, but I'll let you know.

In my grow room there is a height limitation, so I'm looking for small internodes.
I agree with you, the problem with my plants could be too much light! I think it is the reason for the burned leaves as well, because 500ppm its way less fertilizer than I normally use at this stage. I already turned one bulb off, now 70W. Lets see whats happen. If the recovery is fast, soon I'll flip to 12/12h.
Thanks for helping :Namaste:

Hi folks,

120 days of grow, 70 flowering.
We are close to the end of this journal. Here are the last pictures before the cut done today. Hot and wet weather is coming back, I am afraid of a new botrytis attack. I saw some leaves inside the biggest buds turning brown, given the speed at which botrytis may spred, I prefer not playing with fire....Buds are quite acceptable, they have developed strongly this last week. I have let the buds at the basis and all along the main cola, I give them one more week. Perhaps the girl is now going into regeneration, It's almost 1 month now that it is exposed to normal day light. Senescence has stopped, strange leaves and flowers are popping up: let see.
P1120246.jpg
P11202421.jpg
P1120256.jpg
P1120260.jpg
P1120255.jpg
P1120275.jpg

I'm quite happy with the cutting: I tried to keep it as low as possible in order to keep discreet. Despite it grows very strong, the leaves remain much smaller than thos eof the mother plant. Some pre-flowers show up here and then but still not flowering.
P11202441.jpg

All the best
GH

Hi gardeners!

Final cut today since regeneration is now speeding up: it will have take almost 1 month after returning to day light (about 15:30 of day light now) to be full blown. Some pictures of the lady after the last shaving and of buds with new shoots and buds with flowers ressembling shoots.
P1120277.jpg
P1120276.jpg
P1120278.jpg
P1120281.jpg
P1120280.jpg

I hope I will have another harvest at fall: finger crossed!

Best

GH

Hi there!

Back home today and the girls have apparently enjoyed summer time. The cutting is now about 1m square and bushy, about 0.6/0.7 m high. Pistils are showing up but not true flowering yet. The mother plant is now regenerating and healthy but it is about 1/4 or even less the size of the cutting taken from her!
Best

GH

the cutting in the front and the mother plant in the red box
P1120363.jpg

the mother plant after regeneration, some old and big leaves still remain
P1120364.jpg

Hi folks,

For those interested in CBD therapy, an important update released in August (Alchimia website) I just have caught up today. The genetics seems not fully stabilized.....
Cheers

"August 2016 update: After the testimonial from growers and patients, the CBD Crew stated that some seeds did not produce high CBD plants in relation with the THC content. After a new test, they checked that 50-75% of CBD Therapy plants had very low THC content, while 25-50% had slightly higher THC content, especially when grown indoors.

No seeds produce plants with more THC than CBD, but the CBD:THC ratio can vary from 20:1 to 2:1. Thus, every CBD Therapy pack of seeds should contain at least one high CBD/low THC phenotype. It is then recommended to perform cannabinoid analysis to select to most useful plant.

CBD Therapy is not hemp and can't be grown as hemp. Its 100% cannabis genetics may produce individuals with more than 0,5% THC. The CBD Crew is constantly working to improve and stabilize the characteristics of this strain for all growers and patients.

Back
Top Bottom