Blueberry CBD & Strawberry CBD Grow: MarsHydro SP150

Keeping up with a journal takes more effort than I thought. LOL

After 12 days of switching to a 12/12 cycle I can start to see some small pistils showing up. Might give it a few days more before I state that it is officially in flower though.

Been watering 1.5 gal each of 5.5g/gal of MC these last few waterings. I see a bit of burning on the tips so all is well.

Scrog is doing it's job as I bend stalks over and defoliate underneath as need be, careful not to take to much at a time.

As the plants start to grow more vertical I will add another scrog to hold up the colas.

Cheers!

Looking great in there! I'm still at 4.5g/gallon and I'm 23 days into flip on my two. Not showing any yellowing down low so I'm thinking of leaving it there. Here they are before and after post-stretch thinning.
That’s a nice stretch. I haven’t seen anything like that but then again I’ve been bending it under the scrog when I can.

I have to say, I don’t really understand MC. No idea what is too much or what is too little. I’ve just been looking for tip burn to determine if I am giving too much.

Since last watering both plants did a nice stretch up though

There are some general guidelines for MC, including staying a little bit ahead when the plants are young up to around 4g/gallon. After that, the most basic one is that nitrogen is the tell for when to bump up the feeding. That means that as long as you don't see yellowing in the lower leaves, the plant is getting exactly what it needs. As soon as you see some fade, bump the feeding by 0.5g/gallon.

A lot of folks keep adding more and more in flower even though the plant isn't asking for more, and you can't force feed a plant. That approach tends to lead to toxicities and lockouts.

Of course, if you see other deficiencies like Mg or Ca, bumping the g/gallons usually takes care of those as well.

There are some general guidelines for MC, including staying a little bit ahead when the plants are young up to around 4g/gallon. After that, the most basic one is that nitrogen is the tell for when to bump up the feeding. That means that as long as you don't see yellowing in the lower leaves, the plant is getting exactly what it needs. As soon as you see some fade, bump the feeding by 0.5g/gallon.

A lot of folks keep adding more and more in flower even though the plant isn't asking for more, and you can't force feed a plant. That approach tends to lead to toxicities and lockouts.

Of course, if you see other deficiencies like Mg or Ca, bumping the g/gallons usually takes care of those as well.
I appreciate the info. That will make things easier next time.

Although, MC is way easier than GH that I used in my last grow, without a doubt.

I can't complain either... lol. I don't think I ever got passed 5g/gal
Shed helped me through the whole grow.
InkedCAA085FC-55E1-4F0A-AF8D-001B75B7A9FB_LI.jpg

That's a stunner Adam! Do you have a current journal I'm not subbed to?
Started being a hassle... The old lady gives me crap because I was on it all the time...

Works fine for me! 4.5g/gallon is where I am for this:

20201230_090545 CG2.jpg

20201230_090545 CG2.jpg

Looks Damn fine to me. I actually reduced mine to 5g/gal after my post about feeding at 5.5g/gal. Lol. Was worried about lockout at this stage.
I can't complain either... lol. I don't think I ever got passed 5g/gal
Shed helped me through the whole grow.
InkedCAA085FC-55E1-4F0A-AF8D-001B75B7A9FB_LI.jpg
Those look like nice clean buds!!

If you're gonna be here, might as well post a few pics of what you're growing now ;). A number of folks just do weekly updates.
I've actually been helping other folks grow their own.
Basically getting them up out of the dirt and a few weeks in for them, then letting them adopt.
You can either feed them fish, or show them how to fish... LOL!

Alot of folks struggle to get them above ground.
Was actually thinking about doing something like you are... just a continuous journal.

Too cold right now for me to get serious about it.
I hate dealing with heaters, and humidifiers.

Just gave my buddies pops (had colon cancer, partial removal) one of the crosses between that Darkstar Kush and that Lavender male from, and a Black Domina last year.
He was having too many issues germinating and asked for some "trimmings".

Wasn't sure what he meant at first, but figured out that he meant clones. I told him screw the trimmings, I'll get them going for you. Gave him 2 healthy 3 week old last week, to get him going.
Told him he needs to get on the site too.

Same with another buddy. Kept failing at DWC, so I grew out a Wilma Kush for him.
It's awesome seeing folks light up when they get a healthy plant. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom