4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG - 1200 Watts

Re: 4inch PVC Aero/NFT 4x5 SCROG (1200 Watts)

:goodjob: Flushing has to be my favorite point in the whole grow, due to the fact that now the true smell comes out. As you take a good sniff off the icey green tops, the smell goes through your nose and as you inhale right before the chop. A sweet arouma hits the air like fog on a winter morning. Then to top it off, when you finally get to taste and it taste just as sweet as it smells..:yummy:

This damn near sounds like lines from a steamy romance novel. I feel u tho. I like to smell em too. Especially during a cure and when u 1st open a jar to burp. Love that smell. These buds damn near look edible. This ScrOG is interesting as shit. I'm interested to know the yield. I may have to give this a shot after I get a lil more experience under my belt.

yeah gotta admit your rite about the novel part..lmao..:laughtwo: but i really like the arouma that you get from the cure as well.i gota jar thats been curing for goin on 3 months now and i swear just the smell brightens my day a little more..:cool:

I have been lurking for a while watching this grow and I ahve to say this is absolutely phenominal.

I will definately look to an NFT system once I've got some better chops.

I've got the light and air systems worked out (1000 Watt HPS, Fans, Carbon Filters), and I have a RO water system. Once I get a feel for the plant a bit more, I'll consider an NFT system for sure.

I would +rep if i even knew how. (edit: Found the button. You are +repped, brother).

Pun

silly,
nft is just constant flowing solution, this journal is aeroponic, misters mist the roots x min on and y min off.

Thanks for the kind words everyone......

Now time for a pleasant surprise....

today I started scoping the trichs and much to my surprise they were 1/2 milky / 1/2 Amber. This, along with the samples I have taken tell me that this bud is ready to be chopped at 59 days(8 weeks 3 days). In soil they usually went 63 days. I do not like a 3 day flush but as you guys know, I don't choke my plants with 1400 PPM so it may not hurt me that much. Not once during this entire grow did my PPM ever reach 600.

Some knowledgable folks I know have been known to say that if you feed them right along the way, a flush isnt necessary at all. I don't know if I believe that but I think that it may hold at least some merit.

Anyway,,, I'm starting to ramble. Considering that I want to load my machine with clones from one of the outdoor beauties, I needed to get on the chop ASAP because they are starting to show signs of flowering and I need to get the clones before it's too late. Plus, there's other reasons that I won't discuss here as to why I moved now....and the trichs tell me it's fine.. the sooner the better.

.....So this afternoon I decided to tackle some of it. I'm tired and I'll start again tomorrow. I have no idea how much wet weight is here and don't care to guess. I'll leave that to you guys. There's 3 lines with approx 30-35 tops on each line and some laying across the top of the lines. I have a bag of bubble that I'm certain will produce 2 ounces of small nug screen dried bud. I don't make hash. I have absolutely no idea what the dry weight will be at the end and won't until I weigh it on digitals after it's done.

I'm tired.....lol

h-2.jpg

h15.jpg

what a start. lol.

are you flushing the ones you didn't take yet?
they look good man, very nice cycle for the time you put in.
always nice to finish early!

can't wait to see more.

what a start. lol.

are you flushing the ones you didn't take yet?
they look good man, very nice cycle for the time you put in.
always nice to finish early!

can't wait to see more.

Thanks bro.... and yes, the ones I havent taken are still going. I should get it all chopped and hung by tomorrow night. Then I'll take pics of the root mass, etc, when I clean up.

420fied, your "problems" appear to be of a highest quality. Hope all works out for the best and I can, ummm, help you get rid of that if its too much for ya!

:goodjob:

Very, very nice. Congrats on the great harvest, You deserve it and can't wait to see what you do next. Good luck on the Member of the Month, You deserve it...

Absolutely fantastic Sir!!!
Well done!

Everyone check your original ticket ;)

Over/Under was set at 35Z fully dry

Thanks everyone! I'm just checking in and then it's off to chop. I have a busy day ahead. Pics later.

Soniq, I think obx means he wants everyone to take a stab now and the closest gets repped by everyone else after I post the weight..... sounds fun and I'm curious to see what folks guess based off of the first pic.

Any guesses?

Yes, you got what I meant - not over / under but closest guess to final weight.

I'll go ahead and make a guess... 1gram per watt - 42.7 Z's.

Here's what today has been and will continue to be into the afternoon:

You see the pile on the left... also some manicured buds. My hand shows you the size of most of them. 130 of the largest tops are hanging. I'm going to stretch a new line for these smaller nugs later. I've got too many of these to do...and I'm already getting lazy, haha. After I get these done I'll move to manicuring the smallest nugs.

Makes for a long day...

nug9.jpg

nugzz.jpg

Although it will be impossible for me to photograph it all together while drying,(buds drying in different places, some will be on a screen, etc), I will try to remember to get pics of it once it's all in jars.

Remember we still have the 2 big outdoor plants that are 5+ feet that are starting to flower. They will be due to chop in late sept/early Oct...so stay tuned. I appreciate everyone that's hung around and helped out along the way. I'd +rep all of ya if this damn site would let me..... :)

Back
Top Bottom