6-Day Sensitization Protocol: Resetting The Tolerance Levels

Hey Dutch - I can really recommend following the full Dr Sulak method for reintroducing the cannabis after that first 72 hours (and the method of smelling your open jars of bud during that period of abstinence ;) ).

I didn’t do the writing stuff down part so much, but the slow easing into the dose was really powerful and is actually part of what allows you to get the same beneficial effect from much less weed/oil.

The slow reintroduction actually trains your system to receive the cannbinoids and ass you ease in you become more sensitised to it. That why it’s called a re-sensitisation protocol.

They seem a bit wanky and over organised, but seriously, try following his worksheet for oil dosing and see how you go.

I had some difficulty because like you I’m using for significant pain levels so going that long without and then on tiny doses was hard, but even when I decided fuggit I have to have a toke, I would treat it like one of the doses for the day and just take one draw to get me through. When I come to the 6th day I’m always amazed at how much effect I get from a way smaller amount :thumb:

Good luck with it man! :goodluck:

Thanks Amy I’ll do some reading about his methods this weekend !

Probably wouldn’t hurt to lower my tolerance !

But let’s see how it goes !!

Actually here @Dutchman1990
A link to the worksheet guide in case you’re interested
https://healer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Healer.WorkBook.Tincture.6Day.pdf

Plus... it’s only a 48hr cannabis ‘fast’ at the beginning. :) Day 3 you start the slow reintroduction.

And the whole page, with videos for each stage in the process is here;
Sensitization Protocol - Healer

That may or may not be your cup of tea in terms of his style but I swear it works. And works well.
:Namaste:

Awesome! Thanks so much Amy !! :high-five::thanks:

I use it for back pains / nerve damage and insomnia. I dose really heavy to sleep each night or i just toss and turn there laying in pain.

Dosing schedule depends on pain that day. If I’m doing and edibles day I’ll injest around 500-600mg of THC and the odd joint here and there for a boost.

On my regular days without edibles I generally wake up and start with a few dabs to kick start the day then I generally medicate with a joint every hour or 2 or a few bong hits. I smoke around 7g of bud a day and about 1/2g maybe of shatter some days

Really depends on how I’m feeling.

Thanks for the input @SweetSue

I think I’ll start a ECS 72hr detox on Monday! Then start a new lower dose regime

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated!

You might want to explore a capsule regimen with something closer to a balanced ratio of THC:CBD Dutchman. In clinical work that’s been the most consistent relief for chronic pain patients, and if you dose 3-4 times a day you’ll have a steady supply of cannabinoids available and you can vape or whatever for any breakthrough.

As you know, through the gut creates longer relief. If you use EVOO as your carrier oil the cannabinoids get absorbed from the stomach into the lymphatic system where they’ll be more effective for inflammatory control.

It can add another layer of pain management, worth looking over IMO.

I made canna capsule the other day! They are in my grow Journal if you want to see my process !!

They came out lovely and I only need a couple per day! I took 2 this morning and didn’t need anything until almost 4 this afternoon! Amazing relief and my first time making them! I will definitely be remaking them with some other weed strains as this time it was ALL hash ( gold seal afghani)

I appreciate your support and guidance ! Much appreciation!

You can also just dose the oil into coffee or onto food. I actually find that way easier than making caps. I know lots of folks prefer the caps tho. I get a consistent dose through the dropper :thumb:

I always forget it can be added to food. Lol! I find using capsules helps control the dose, which in the end means the oil goes further. I'm glad you're getting it to work for you Amy. :hug:

I made canna capsule the other day! They are in my grow Journal if you want to see my process !!

They came out lovely and I only need a couple per day! I took 2 this morning and didn’t need anything until almost 4 this afternoon! Amazing relief and my first time making them! I will definitely be remaking them with some other weed strains as this time it was ALL hash ( gold seal afghani)

I appreciate your support and guidance ! Much appreciation!

So glad to be of help. Made me smile warmly to read of the relief the caps brought. :battingeyelashes: :green_heart:

Ok Sooooooo

Day 1 - Cleanse started this morning at 7am

Man the first day has been tough. Struggling with aches all day and my appetite has been nothing to say the least. Not going to have a good sleep tonight can already tell. Hopefully tomorrow won’t be as rough. I’m eager to see how much this affects tolerance and how well it will help with my intake. The use and how much I consume isn’t an issue with me. But I am interested in a tolerance reset and helping my body get the most relief possible!

The struggles are real with this one! Detox is hard when I refuse to use any type of pain killer for the aches I have. My herb was my medicine and it’s tough without it I tell yea!

You can do it Dutch! We have faith in you. And here you are just like you said you would...plus a week :). Remember Amy's words.
:cheer:

Thanks Shed ! I appreciate it! I extended my celebration a week longer lol so a late start is better than never! Figured a Monday would be best since I have the week to work and keep my mind off things even though the aches and pains are there it helps keeping busy. I have been drinking lots of Extra tea and water to help as they suggest. I’ll add some hemp seeds to my morning shake tomorrow !

Opening my widow jars to burp is a pleasure. I think my fiancée thinks I’m weird for sitting there sniffing the jars :rofl:

thinks I’m weird for sitting there sniffing the jars :rofl:
Yeah Dutch! Smell those terp’s!!!

Sorry I missed this earlier. The first time I did it it was super hard. My gut went a bit nuts (which canna usually manages for me).

Hang in there. Pretty soon you start the tiny doses - it gets a little easier then.

You can make it - it’s worth it :thumb:

I took paracetamol (lots of it) for the pain of it was really bad. Didn’t kill it, but backs it off a little bit. :)

Hello ladies and gentleman! Thank you @Oldbear for turning me onto this thread! I devoured pages 5-18 this morning while going potty. Despite walking weird until the blood returned in my legs, I am here and ready to reset my ECS. :p

Let me paint a little picture so anyone who might stumble across this can have some background.

I am in a fight with depression currently. It chokes you and squeezes any happiness out of your life. I am done living like that! I have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea which my physician warns could be the cause of my depression. Did I mention I have insomnia as well?

So while I wait for my next sleep study, I've decided to try and get my tolerance down to a reasonable place. Coincidentally, I took a 12 day tbreak while on vacation in Hawaii. That was in early July. Upon returning I did what any cannabis lover would have done, rolled a big fat hooter!!!
Obviously, it didn't take long to get my tolerance back to normal levels.

I usually consume cannabis all day everyday. I made some bubble hash from my last harvest and that's been a wonderful little treat either in my vape bowl, on top of my bong bowl, or just in my bong bowl with nothing else. I've also been dabbing it since it melts so nice! I really dig edibles as well. I actually found this thread as a result of my quest for help making canna coconut oil.

Last night I had my last vape session. Im not sure if the clock started then or today but either way, I'm abstaining.

Day 1

I woke up this morning determined to finish reading this thread, which is a great read by the way thank you everyone here that has been so honest and forthcoming about their relationship with cannabis, and start my reset. Due to my motivation, I missed my wake and bake which would usually be either a bowl in the bong ( rarer and rarer for me to elevate this way) or a nice bowl or two in my desktop vape.

Like many have mentioned, I like to blaze while working in the garden. I checked things out in the garden, but started getting the itch already so I made plans to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather here today.

I have found myself a little irritable but that's really expected as I know how I was the first day in Hawaii. I nearly bit my daughters head off at lunch. You know how those teenage girls can be...so much attitude.:rolleyes:

As I write this, I am evaluating how I feel and I feel on edge, bored, and anxious about how bad sleep will be tonight. The wife and I are going to watch some Hulu and just have a nice night at home.

I have plenty of water and I have my reading planned on here for tonight. I have been in a constant state of research for some time now on :420: and there is so much good content.

That's it for today, unless something comes up, but I feel like its not going too bad. Makes me wonder if tomorrows gonna be hell.

Back
Top Bottom