7 Crosses Of Sherb Cream Pie - An Als Weed Pheno Hunt

als weed

420 Member
I am reconstructing the beginning of this thread. I will indicate when the thread is caught up and current. Please feel free to comment or ask questions at any point, I realize many of my methods may be new to many members. -al

7 Crosses of Sherb Cream Pie

In our experiment with reversed Sherb Cream Pie, we didn’t get the seed production or all the crosses we wanted. But we got enough to pheno hunt several crosses of interest.
Seeds:

7XSBCP001.jpg

Here we go!

7XSBCP002.jpg

To the cups!

7XSBCP003.jpg

We got 96% germination. Let’s see how they do in the dirt.

-al

A Short Time Later . . .

7XSBCP004.jpg

40 cups and 35 through the dirt. I am perimeter watering with straight RO water. This prevents washing out the tender seedlings and setting them back in their development. I keep an oscillating fan gently blowing on them at all times. This promotes strong stems and greater air exchange. It’s surprising how much a simple fan can improve your plants, even at the earliest stages.

I had a mysterious death problem with the SBRPs. 4 out of 6 sprouts just rotted, and the ones that lived were feeble looking. Dumping out the cups, it became suddenly obvious why. When preparing our 1 quart cups for this strain, I had forgotten to poke some drainage holes. Doh!!!

Just another lesson in humility to keep my farmer ego humble.

I soaked a few fresh seeds to get our sprout numbers back to where the science needs them.

As always, your questions and comments are welcome.

-al

Time for a Skirt Trim

Here’s our girls before:

7XSBCP006.jpg

Before:

7XSBCP007.jpg

After:

7XSBCP008.jpg

Group After:

7XSBCP009.jpg

These got a little big on me. I normally start this process a little earlier.

So a skirt trim is about removing bottom leaves, exposing the bottom branches to more light and air. This also helps with litter and pest prevention.

After all, our goal is to produce great branches to harvest for the cloner. Then we just need to keep the original plants alive while we bloom out the clone.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-al

To the Cloner

Group Before:

7XSBCP010.jpg

Almost everyone has at least 2 branches large enough to be cloned. So here we go!

The first thing we do is assign everyone their ID number. I generally do this by height. This gives me a little help in planning for vigor. This early tell is not perfect, but is right most of the time.

WTCP Lineup:

7XSBCP011.jpg

Before:

7XSBCP012.jpg

After:

7XSBCP013.jpg

I take the top and the 2 largest branches. This gives us the best chance of getting a rooted clone of each individual. Our original plants are now ready to hang out for 4 months while the cuttings get rooted and bloomed.
Cuttings:

7XSBCP014.jpg

To the Cloners:

7XSBCP015.jpg

There were a few plants that were stingy with branches, but we got 3 cuts from most.

Our strain list breakdown:

7XSBCP016.jpg

Our 40 individuals that made it to the cloner.

Mutilated moms:

7XSBCP017.jpg

These girls look pretty bad but it will be a struggle to keep them in cups for the next 4 months.

-al

To the Cloner

Group Before:

7XSBCP010.jpg

Almost everyone has at least 2 branches large enough to be cloned. So here we go!

The first thing we do is assign everyone their ID number. I generally do this by height. This gives me a little help in planning for vigor. This early tell is not perfect, but is right most of the time.

WTCP Lineup:

7XSBCP011.jpg

Before:

7XSBCP012.jpg

After:

7XSBCP013.jpg

I take the top and the 2 largest branches. This gives us the best chance of getting a rooted clone of each individual. Our original plants are now ready to hang out for 4 months while the cuttings get rooted and bloomed.
Cuttings:

7XSBCP014.jpg

To the Cloners:

7XSBCP015.jpg

There were a few plants that were stingy with branches, but we got 3 cuts from most.

7XSBCP016.jpg

Mutilated moms:

7XSBCP017.jpg

These girls look pretty bad but it will be a struggle to keep them in cups for the next 4 months.

-al
I like way u do that. Looks professional

Nice work bro looking great! What do you run your mother's on 14/10? I'm currently trying to make space to keep a few mothers myself as running seeds is so hit and miss 🙄
Peace bro ✌🏽

Hi Al,

I soaked a few fresh seeds to get our sprout numbers back to where the science needs them.
What are the numbers that science needs them at? Once you have found the phenos you are after, will you endeavour to stabilize the genetics or do you keep the mother for clones? How do you work it? How do you store your seeds over time?
Your process looks well organized and the plants look great. Have you seen Cola Monster's solo cup grow?

To the Cloner

Group Before:

7XSBCP010.jpg

WTCP Lineup:

7XSBCP011.jpg

Before:

7XSBCP012.jpg

After:

7XSBCP013.jpg

Cuttings:

7XSBCP014.jpg

To the Cloners:

7XSBCP015.jpg

7XSBCP016.jpg

Mutilated moms:

7XSBCP017.jpg

-al
Do you always leave your cuts just lying about like the pics?
You'll get a better strike rate if you don't.

Dunno we’re just as casual.

That kooks like cleanish slate (more worried about the clippers, but a clean sharp cut at 40-45 degrees, a wipe with some H202 - ethyl prpp on the blades you cut with) and cloning gel into some potting soil with some Cal Mag tease like 95% success.

The 5% loss - just we do so many some are in the wrong spot in the tent and we don’t care so much.

Got an update Al?

Nick

Back
Top Bottom