Harry Timbercrank

420 Member
I am growing eight different strains in a 4x4 with used potting mix. I have added amendments and let it cook for six months. Many details coming up. I am 2 weeks into this grow already.

IMG_20240514_063236.jpg

I am growing eight different strains in a 4x4 with used potting mix. I have added amendments and let it cook for six months. Many details coming up. I am 2 weeks into this grow already.

IMG_20240514_063236.jpg
Great garden my friend, welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
I'll follow along if you don't mind.
Just a little tip for your next grow, fill your pots and mound the center where the plant is.:Namaste:
Better for roots and easier to water.
I show pictorials of how to fill pots in my threads.
Heaven's Shores has a lot of good pictorials on filling air pots.
Just 2 cents, looks good so far.
Talk soon. :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Great garden my friend, welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
I'll follow along if you don't mind.
Just a little tip for your next grow, fill your pots and mound the center where the plant is.:Namaste:
Better for roots and easier to water.
I show pictorials of how to fill pots in my threads.
Heaven's Shores has a lot of good pictorials on filling air pots.
Just 2 cents, looks good so far.
Talk soon. :high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Yeah, I did that. Just took my time. Wanted more of the stalk rooting since the veg time will be short with that many plants. Figured it would slow them down a bit stripping all the lowers and filling them up. Thanks Bill.

IMG_20240522_072530.jpg

Yeah, I did that. Just took my time. Wanted more of the stalk rooting since the veg time will be short with that many plants. Figured it would slow them down a bit stripping all the lowers and filling them up. Thanks Bill.

IMG_20240522_072530.jpg
Good job. :thumb:
Is that 2 in 1 pot?
Bottom right?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

@Bill284 Seeing some issues with the leaf tips in two of the plants. Looks like it may be a potassium deficiency. I have seen this before when reusing potting mix.
I think it could be from stripping the plants and the VPD is around 1.8. Been stepping the light up 1000 lux a day and it's 25,000 lux now so I turned the lights down to 10,000 lux for a day or two. VPD is now at 1.2 so this should allow the plant to actually breath and uptake nutrients. I usually veg at 45,000 lux and flower at 60,000 but with only a 250 watt driver and two lm301h boards getting 12oz dried and trimmed but now I added a qb96 with 185 watt driver and vivosuns newest 150 watt light so the temps have been at 80f humidity at 50% but are now at 75f and 60% humidity.
Reusing this happyfrog potting mix by adding Liqui-Dirt, Roots Excelurator Gold, and happyfrog all purpose 6-4-5 fertilizer. Also using Fish Shit.
Didn't want to reuse soil but I couldn't find any anywhere in town that was stored indoors and I swear there is like a boycott against happyfrog with these local supply shops. For sure not paying shipping with this much overpriced mix.
IMG_20240522_073908.jpg
IMG_20240522_073857.jpg

@Bill284 Seeing some issues with the leaf tips in two of the plants. Looks like it may be a potassium deficiency. I have seen this before when reusing potting mix.
I think it could be from stripping the plants and the VPD is around 1.8. Been stepping the light up 1000 lux a day and it's 25,000 lux now so I turned the lights down to 10,000 lux for a day or two. VPD is now at 1.2 so this should allow the plant to actually breath and uptake nutrients. I usually veg at 45,000 lux and flower at 60,000 but with only a 250 watt driver and two lm301h boards getting 12oz dried and trimmed but now I added a qb96 with 185 watt driver and vivosuns newest 150 watt light so the temps have been at 80f humidity at 50% but are now at 75f and 60% humidity.
Reusing this happyfrog potting mix by adding Liqui-Dirt, Roots Excelurator Gold, and happyfrog all purpose 6-4-5 fertilizer. Also using Fish Shit.
Didn't want to reuse soil but I couldn't find any anywhere in town that was stored indoors and I swear there is like a boycott against happyfrog with these local supply shops. For sure not paying shipping with this much overpriced mix.
IMG_20240522_073908.jpg
IMG_20240522_073857.jpg
Your feeding nutrients every other watering?
Are you putting calmag in your plain water first?
Do you check ph?
2 in one was the pot that has 2 plants?
In pic?

Screenshot_20240522-090818_Chrome.jpg

Usually doesn't work out for the smaller one.
And detracts from the big one. :Namaste:
Just 2 cents.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Good job. :thumb:
Is that 2 in 1 pot?
Bottom right?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Not sure what 2 in 1 pot is. They are the plastic air pots with a bottom but it is rather open. The other pots have their drip trays removed and holes drilled out larger for better drainage. See your reply now; The seedling didn't look that strong so I popped another one and stuck it in there but the little one will suffer. Couldn't bring myself to kill it. I have been using a little cal mag although I usually don't and never had a problem... unless I reuse a mix. I never check ph anymore because when I was trying to adjust it messed up my grow. Now I've learned that potting mixes require a higher pH of water because the microbes operate at a higher ph but it lowers itself very quickly. The run off I tested a few years ago with happyfrog was a 6.4. Everyone I see using a super soil mix who brings the pH of their water down seems to have issues the whole grow. This has been a combination that is almost a set it and forget it for me. Thanks for the insight.

Not sure what 2 in 1 pot is. They are the plastic air pots with a bottom but it is rather open. The other pots have their drip trays removed and holes drilled out larger for better drainage. See your reply now; The seedling didn't look that strong so I popped another one and stuck it in there but the little one will suffer. Couldn't bring myself to kill it. I have been using a little cal mag although I usually don't and never had a problem... unless I reuse a mix. I never check ph anymore because when I was trying to adjust it messed up my grow. Now I've learned that potting mixes require a higher pH of water because the microbes operate at a higher ph but it lowers itself very quickly. The run off I tested a few years ago with happyfrog was a 6.4. Everyone I see using a super soil mix who brings the pH of their water down seems to have issues the whole grow. This has been a combination that is almost a set it and forget it for me. Thanks for the insight.
2 plants in one air pot?
Pic above?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Stripping 75% of foliage just leaving the tops really put a strain on these girls and I knew it would. The transpiration/ respiration virtually stopped removing moisture from the soil of which was thoroughly watered before hand knowing I would not be able to to water for an extended period of time. Had some issues with the fan leaf growth at first being rust spotted at the tips. I suspect it's due to suffocating the roots since this used soil seems heavier and more compact than coming straight out of the package. If you ever decide to reuse potting mix with some roots left in it I would recommend adding 10% perlite.
Looks like all that stalk I stripped and covered in soil is beginning to root so I'm trying to keep the top layer moist so they can spread out. They are now growing fast like normal being unblemished and darker in green increasing in size at a good rate with slight tip burn on a few as the soil drys out. Have only watered once since stripping everything but the tops.
Topped everything this morning leaving three nodes per plant, except for the tiny Sour Diesel by Crop Kings. I will be removing the bottom node of each plant keeping the branches for clones leaving each plant four mains which would be nodes 5 and 6. Once they even think about being crowded I'm switching to 12/12. I might remove some of the fan leaves around that time as well but like to tuck if I can.
Lux is at around 25,000 as I let the plants grow into the lights but there might be some rearranging when they begin to flower at which time I will be adding phosforous and potassium somehow without adding nitrogen.
Parameters are 70f/ 60% humidity sleeping and 78f/ 55% during waking hours on average. Not perfect as VPD is staying around 1.4 average but as the tent fills up it will get better with all that foliage transpiring.
IMG_20240530_111712.jpg
IMG_20240530_111808.jpg

Wanting to cut my clones off now so they can root before 12/12 and enable the mother plants to recover before the flip as well. The only problem is there aren't enough nodes to harvest a decent size clone yet. Been trying to find information on cutting next to the stalk instead of directly below the node. Was wondering if anybody had thoughts on this. I believe it will be just fine. Ready to begin training for a level canopy.

Ok. Got the clones cut and tucked some stuff. Removed a good percentage of each plant with that one considering all the lower growth was larger.
IMG_20240601_115849.jpg
These next pics.
IMG_20240601_112409.jpg
are the before and after cutting clones pics..
IMG_20240601_115841.jpg
Looking Sharp.:welldone:
Happy Sunday Amigo :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom