8 weeks flow: Hermies or Calyx?

I was given you the reasons why i THOUGHT mould

not in tight space i am going by what you said and your pictures no magic ball , doesn't look too big either of a space

IMG_20210124_025157.jpg

It's not mold!!!!! Can you stop spreading false information... Plant has foxtailing in small amounts. Nothing major. Some hairs went orange but it's not mold.. I didn't poke the buds like you say i did.. Did you see that in your magic ball??? there is no mold. Plant is not in tight space... Please stop shitting. Thank you... I hate when I must be arrogant or whatever but when someone is saying all time that plant has mold when it doesn't.. Mind f***...
mold magic 420 ball.jpg.png

Its real.

I was given you the reasons why i THOUGHT mould

not in tight space i am going by what you said and your pictures no magic ball , doesn't look too big either of a space

IMG_20210124_025157.jpg
In fairness to both of you in the mold v. no-mold debate, mold does tend to start from the inside of the bud and spread out, so it can be tough to spot — especially in photos. Also, some leaves are curling and I have seen that appear when sticking out of a moldy bud.

That said, I don’t think mold is the issue here. I’ve only had bud rot outdoors, so maybe it’s different indoors, but it just looks more sickly and gray.

it could be the pic colour , its just got that look , ( i could be wrong though )

Heya @Purplehaze02 and welcome!!

I am a green grower myself (only 4) and lean on the community like yourself here.

As the wonderful @NuttyProfessor stated, "i could be wrong'. They also pointed out the part of the pic you posted that led them to believe its an issue.
Perhaps you could provide a better, clear picture(s) of the area's he pointed out. And perhaps providing more detail about the environment and pics so we all have a better understanding.

I do want to close with the most important point; Mold is a VERY dangerous problem that can occur in growing/curing cannabis, and can cause lung problems, as well life long health issues if not resolved. I've come close to a mold problem at the beginning of my cure two grow's ago. Everything, I read said toss it, period. Some offering details and the indepth reasons why and it is VERY clear something you never want to smoke. I believe this is why @NuttyProfessor has been so firm on their stance.

Either way, hope this helps,
Red

yes even one pic i was gonna say your look like you have a mite webbing , but you took my other news to heart , so i didn't lol
its the camera you use , :) its making me see things :hmmmm: and ive eyes like a hawk
and I'm sure other growers can see this also,
any ways at least you gained some knowledge :)
InkedIMG_20210124_025530 (2)_LI.jpg

Like @Grandma Weedstein said, when botrytis (greay mold aka bud rot) hits it usually kills leaves and starts on the inside.

The spores get on the leaves BEFORE the flowers form. When the flowers form there is a build up of moisture inside the flower from the leaves transpiration - the warm from the room along with higherish humidity and low air flow creates perfect conditions for the mold spores to start growing. They eat plant material so you will see brown leaves or brownish sugar leaves which is the sign for bud rot.

To avoid this problem you need to keep your grow space clean.
have plenty of air flow up into the canopy from below and at the canopy.
Keep your room humidity in check. Dont go too low then PM rears its ugly head.
Think about using a foliar spray like Safer Garden Fungicide - active ingredient is sulfur. Even if you dont have mold the plants love that stuff. Can be used as a preventative and how I use it.

that plant is darn near done flowering if its at 8 weeks of flower she has given all she can give , the leaves are curled and droopy , i never go past 8 weeks unless i know its a pure sativa ,you run the risk of it hermie on you , and i am not sure where you got the seed /clone from but it is definitely a Indica /sativa cultivar how do you know its a indica dominate plant , topping is a must you have 1 large cola at the top and a bunch of small buds way lower down , i would say the top of the plant is done and the lower part needs more time , topping helps prevent this as it gives a more even light to the whole plant plus you are using the old style purple leds witch don't give a deep penetrating light to get the lower bud sites , chop and move on .

"Hermies or calyx?" I don't see any hermies only calyxes. I also don't see bud rot nor any amber trichomes from the pictures. I would be looking at the trichomes with a 10x loupe to see if they're clouding or turning yellow or amber. The loupe is also good when searching for hermies. Your grow looks pretty normal to me so I would be looking at trichomes to decide when to harvest. Congratulations, looks good for a first grow. I try to accept suggestions from fellow growers with appreciation because I believe their intention is to help me. Cheers.

Hey you guys we are now in week 11 of flowering. I checked trichomes today with x60 magnifying loop and everything is cloudy/milky. With few amber here and there (not much amber) my plan is to chop her on 14.02. Valentines day :circle-of-love:

IMG_20210204_152714.jpg

IMG_20210204_152625.jpg

IMG_20210204_152742.jpg

IMG_20210204_153606.jpg

I'm no expert but my understanding is THC levels reach their peak when the first cloudy or amber trichomes appear. After that THC levels drop off. If it was me I would keep them in total darkness for 24 hours and then chop them down.

I've heard from few people about 24 hours darkness before harvest, some say that it's good and some say it doesn't make such a big difference but in my head i think it can make trichomes more dense this last hours.. I like the idea and i will make it :cool:

I was instructed many years ago when I first started growing cannabis to give plants 24 hrs. of darkness before cutting them down. In one grow I inadvertently gave them 48 hrs. of darkness and the result was even more potent. I told a fellow grower about it and he tried 48 hrs. and got the same result; more potency. Recently, while reading about various strains I came across talk about some varieties needing 24 hrs. darkness and others better of with 48 hrs. You have the the opportunity to do an experiment. No darkness, 24 hr. darkness and 48 hr. darkness and compare the results. One variable to consider in such a test is the amount of amber trichomes present in each plant. The more amber trichomes the more the chance you went past the peak THC level. If all plants have the same amount of amber trichomes then the more I would trust any comparison testing. Whatever you do I think you did a fantastic job and especially for a first grow. Let us know what you think of the final product after curing. :thumb:

I tried my best to make this pics taping magnifying loop on my phone cam
I think plant is ready and i will wait still 2 days and then put her on 36-48 hr darkness and then finally harvest definitely will post more after drying process can't wait to see how that goes..

IMG_20210205_210634.jpg

IMG_20210205_210931.jpg

IMG_20210205_205535.jpg

IMG_20210205_205436.jpg

The magnification is good but you'll get better and truer color by taking the picture in white light. That's the only way to tell if the trichomes are clear, cloudy, yellow or amber. It impossible to tell but it looks like they maybe clear from your pictures. If that's the case then they have further to go before harvest. I just can't tell because everything is pink.

The magnification is good but you'll get better and truer color by taking the picture in white light. That's the only way to tell if the trichomes are clear, cloudy, yellow or amber. It impossible to tell but it looks like they maybe clear from your pictures. If that's the case then they have further to go before harvest. I just can't tell because everything is pink.
I hope now you can see more clearly. First pictures i made with lights still on so it was all purple and pink.

IMG_20210205_223643.jpg

IMG_20210205_223526.jpg

Looking at your last post 38 I see no amber and lots of clear. The top picture is interesting. It looks like a top view of a leaf with a whole world of events happening in the white, round global backdrop behind it.
The leaf looks odd to me. Not quite sure what's going on in the middle, but on the edges it looks like trichomes are just emerging. They don't have that mushroom cap like many of the trichomes have in the second picture. And I don't see any amber or cloudy everywhere like you described in post 30. The 60x loop may be overkill; not sure. I use a 10x loupe and have a 20x that I seldom use. The 10x gives plenty magnification and a bigger area to look at. I see more with the 10x.

Looking at your last post 38 I see no amber and lots of clear. The top picture is interesting. It looks like a top view of a leaf with a whole world of events happening in the white, round global backdrop behind it.
The leaf looks odd to me. Not quite sure what's going on in the middle, but on the edges it looks like trichomes are just emerging. They don't have that mushroom cap like many of the trichomes have in the second picture. And I don't see any amber or cloudy everywhere like you described in post 30. The 60x loop may be overkill; not sure. I use a 10x loupe and have a 20x that I seldom use. The 10x gives plenty magnification and a bigger area to look at. I see more with the 10x.
It definitely looks different in real life then on pics. When i look with naked eye under x60 they are almost all cloudy with 1 or 2 somewhere clear.. Because of that I will wait still at least week or 2 just to be sure

Back
Top Bottom