A First Time For Everything

Originally Posted By Medical Marijuana

So you want to Scrog but have no clones? Limited on space with that sneaky cabinet grow? Well don’t stress out!

The benefits of Paperclip training are:
1) More light reaching the centre of the plant
2) Shoots grow vertically off the stems
3) Controls the over all height
4) Stimulates stem growth by bending the stems (stress's the inner herd, causing it to grow stronger and bigger)
5) Increase in overall yield

This process starts early in plant development. Begin training when you have either FIM, pinched, or topped your plants. I firmly believe in FIMming and have had excellent success doing so. But the first step is to get paper clips that have plastic coatings. You do not want to get ones that are silver as they create hot spots and will hamper growth. Bend them straight out -- they will be about 3” in length. You then bend the first ½ inch into a hook so you have what resembles a walking cane, but with a paper clip. You then proceed to bend the stems down parallel with the medium. You should end up with a “T” when you’re done. You’re going to continue to train the stems parallel with the medium until you want to begin flowering.

When you do finally decide to induce flowering, all the training will pay off. What would have been your tiny and airy bottom buds. Will now turn into nice, photogenic colas.

I recommend and use ESU Greenleaves: Boost Juice, I find it improves vigor and vegetative growth rates.

Thanks Chubbs, but as you can see I got the idea from Medical Marijuana. Had I followed his directions to the letter, she would have probably looked much better. I used General Hydro nutes and something called "Humboldt Counties Own BushMaster". It's a product designed to limit the heigth of the plant. Seems to have worked well I think. If you stood her up straight, she'd only be about 16".

im gonna have to try this soon

Your plant is looking beautiful! I am amazed at how well you trained her to grow like that. I almost forgot to ask, How is that California Organic Bud smoking?

My California bud was really nice. Pleasant flavor with a heady kind of a high. Vaped nicely and we laughed our asses off for hours.

Ok, here are a some new pics of my little girl.

420_Update_1.JPG

420_Update_2.JPG

420_Update_3.JPG

420_Update_4.JPG

Maybe I was expecting too much but the buds have slowed their vertical growth considerably, and put on some width at the bottom. If you stood her up straight she is only about 16 inches tall. The buds average between 3 to 4 inches in length. There are no where near as many trichomes as I had hoped for and what I've got is a mixture from clear to amber so I don't expect to much more growth. I'm guessing roughly 25% clear, 50% milky, and 25% amber. They have not quite reached the 50/50 stage yet but I don't think it will be much longer.

I realize that a sativa is more suited to helping with my epilepsy but I have to do with what I have. If I understand correctly the longer you wait the more of a couch lock type of high you get. I'd rather have a more heady type if possible.

I don't want to pull her too early, but I don't want that deep couch lock thing either. Ok pros, here's the question of the day. Any idea how much longer I should wait?

Ok guys and gals,

First off, sorry for the long delay in finishing up this thread. I had some problems with my seizure meds and it had me down for a while, and I didn't have enough of MY meds to take up the slack.

I finished up my girl and she turned out real nice. Enough so that I am starting my second grow (same Micro Hydro as before). I'll be doing a better job of keeping my journal up so take a look at Carolina Rebel's Grow #2. Thanks for all the help to Moose, Boss, and all the others who helped.

420Blastabowl: I've been having seizures about 9 years now and what I've found out (for me anyway) is that anything works better that what they (the VA) give me. I even participated in a drug trial, but that only lasted about 2 years before it quit working. The ONLY meds I have had consistent success with is cannabis. For me the best results are about a 70/30-60/40 sativa dominant. Unfortunately I don't have the option of being choosy, so I'm happy with what I get.

Sorry Boss, but no I didn't. I will do so with my current grow. I do apologize for the lack of organization on this one. It's the first I've ever done. I will do better. Check out my grow #2

Go ahead and move this one to the completed journals.

Just testing my sig

sativa for epilepsy? i perfer the couchlock to bring my levels back down to a normal persons but i kinda like indicas because without cannabis i get very low amounts of sleep and sleep aids and prescriptions dont help, i dont have epilepsy but gramps does, what should a schizophrenic (undefined, the mixed one) bipolar 18yr old, with ptsd and he also gets bad sleep as well, has the anxiety disorder (forget actual name but he has bad anxiety probly due to the voices though) smoke to medicate his ailments? a schizo friend of mine uses mainly indica. NICE TREE! not as big as a tree but i still love it lol if it grew bigger could you keep using the paper clip training to bend it and make it curve around the whole pot? did you use a fan btw?

Back
Top Bottom