NightsmokerG's First Grow

What is your closet high Atulip?Mine is at 42" total ,i am very limited high :( .I ll try this with the white bulbs if things go out of control,thank you snwb.

Oh I've got a 5'11" tent, up to 3 foot or so can be accommodated, but I prefer 2 foot and under. You can try bending tops a bit to the outer rim to keep them from getting too close to the led, or find a way to get it hanging higher. you're probably ok at 6-8" away.

Read all from back to front. Love the use of sunlight. Your plants are trained nicely. Now we just need to bust open the roof of the closet. Just kidding.they are gorgeous ladies NSG! Can't wait till they really put the sugar dress on!
Subbed!

I'm down with Shiggs lets peel that roof back haha :rofl: just kidding

Hello guys,Merry Christmas to you all ;) i wish the best for the next year,and of course to enjoy our favorite hobby.

Bloom day 16
Things are going well nothing extraordinary.
There is no significant bud growth...WW not even close!!!I hope things will change the upcoming week.
MK is going better with the bud growth.But i noticed some red on the stems,any ideas?The temps is kind of low during night at low 50's
20151226_150439.jpg
20151226_150424.jpg
20151226_143722.jpg
20151226_143356.jpg
20151226_143449.jpg
20151226_143459.jpg
20151226_143528.jpg
20151226_143544.jpg
20151226_143600.jpg

True...stretch seems to slow down about where exactly i want it...3 more inch and we full closet potential high.
Gimme your lights here Shiggit,when the buds are starting to form will build upwards or they stick to stems high?

It really is strain specific but once stretch is over they will grow only a bit in length and will grow much more in thickness. I am hoping you are nearing the end of stretch!

If they get too tall you will just have to bend them. Not my favorite thing to do at this point but not the worst problem either. Let's hope they are done stretching!

Thank you flexy.Your girls lookis super as well.
Im kinda in search to add one more or replace my led unit,i see you re going for cob cree leds.You think has the correct spectrum for veg and bloom ? i was thinking for one more apolo 270w(not sure if both can stack in my closet though)

Man, forget about all those Apollos and other Chinese type of lights, I don't think there is anything better than CREE COB lights at the moment. Yes I think that the 3500K should be fine for veg/flower, this is what I was told. Some even use warmer lights like 2700k or 3000k for their entire grows, but 3500k should be perfect, covers the entire spectrum perfectly.

Thank you flexy.Your girls lookis super as well.
Im kinda in search to add one more or replace my led unit,i see you re going for cob cree leds.You think has the correct spectrum for veg and bloom ? i was thinking for one more apolo 270w(not sure if both can stack in my closet though)
What's your price range homie?

The whole LED situation is so exhausting. I know what I need for everything else. Only constant struggle I have is trying to figure out which light to buy. And my budget doesn't help because so many fall within my range. I'm thinking about a 4x4 or 5x5 tent with a Spectrum King light. I've done my research for so many different brands and its exhausting. Mars Hydro Pro Cree joint with the 4x4 is nice and at a similar price. My brain hurts lol. I recently heard about those UVB lights and how they provide an advantage, so I looked into the Solarstorm that comes with UVB bulbs. And I heard about the 3500k vs 4000k and how they really bring out the colors. Kill me now so I can save myself from the back n forth.

The whole LED situation is so exhausting. I know what I need for everything else. Only constant struggle I have is trying to figure out which light to buy. And my budget doesn't help because so many fall within my range. I'm thinking about a 4x4 or 5x5 tent with a Spectrum King light. I've done my research for so many different brands and its exhausting. Mars Hydro Pro Cree joint with the 4x4 is nice and at a similar price. My brain hurts lol. I recently heard about those UVB lights and how they provide an advantage, so I looked into the Solarstorm that comes with UVB bulbs. And I heard about the 3500k vs 4000k and how they really bring out the colors. Kill me now so I can save myself from the back n forth.

I agree that it can be extremely exhausting finding "the right" grow light, but if you research longer and ask some who know their stuff, it doesn't look too complicated:

* 90% of the cheaper "Chinese" grow lights use 3W or 5W Leds (or at least they label their LEDs so), and some combination of red/blue/white and maybe some IR and UV. If you ask me, all those lights are essentially the same and they differ in Watts and maybe some features like veg switches etc...but in principle they're still the same. It's some fixtures with the common red/blue.

* Then there are COB "full spectrum" lights. Some COBs like Cree XPE are basically a number of red/blue/white in one larger COB chip. Like Marshydro PRO where each chip has some red, green, blue, white. While those lights might well be good there are some who say that those types of lights are now also outdated.

* Then there are "white" (or warm white etc.) COB lights, like the CREE CXB which are not separate red, blue, white LEDs on one chip but look like "normal" white lights. But of course a white light already contains all the colors plants need.

* Then there are some outdated lights still around where makers use 1W chips...or even older ones with even weaker chips.

The most annoying thing if you want to get a cheap Chinese light is that most vendors give confusing information about wattage, PAR etc. Say, even if you buy a fixture with COB lights from China you often don't even know what you're getting, whether you're getting a good CREE COB, a Bridgelux, or some Epistar or some unknown brands of the actual LEDs. Or what type it is etc... This is why I chose DIY (or let some guys build my light) from lights where the stats are KNOWN.

As for "Spectrumking", I didn't find any information about what exact type of LEDs they're using so I can't say anything about them.

** As for "3000k", "3500k" etc..this is the color "temperature", for white lights. The higher the number, the more "cold" eg. "more blue" a light has. A very "cold" light with, say 5000K has not much red and a very low, warm light with, say, 2700K has not enough blue in the spectrum. The logic by choosing 3500k is that it has balanced blue and red in the spectrum so it's suitable for vegging and flowering. (Vegging needs blue in the spectrum, flowering more of the red).
Other guys might only need lights for vegging, so they'd probably buy a "cold" light with 5000K or 6000K, others might need a light only for flowering, so they get one 3000K or 2700K or something. The difference here is the percentage of blue/red in the spectrums.

Will this be your first grow?

Ok guys good day...:D.Very interesting discussion!!!
True searching the web for led is a killer...time killer i d say.But when we talk for china we must know that they have all different qualities.I found a very decent light in very very good price - (can i post the link?)But i cant acquire it cause they give min ord 10 pcs :(.

Back
Top Bottom