A Little Bit Of Everything - Chemical - Organic - With COB Lights & UV

It's a heavy feeder. Something I'm a bit reluctant to say to a new grower because we usually tend to overfed when we start out. But in the event you're one of those rare underfeeders- keep that in mind if you see it showing deficiencies in flowering.

It's a heavy feeder. Something I'm a bit reluctant to say to a new grower because we usually tend to overfed when we start out. But in the event you're one of those rare underfeeders- keep that in mind if you see it showing deficiencies in flowering.

I have every intention of neglecting it lol. Hope it likely my soil. I will only be able to tend it once every couple weeks. At this point it's put it outdoors or kill it and start one of the other beans.

Hey mate, things looking good in your grows. You've advanced along way with the organics and LEDs since I was last here, well done:thumb:

Hey Rob great to see you back mate! I've been enjoying the LED's but I need more and really can't be arsed keeping on breaking my drill bits and tap bits making my own, and I can't afford 20 Cree COB's which seems the way to go. Instead I've just added the Sun System LEC 315 light which is pretty intense but also runs hot, a lot hotter than my LED's. The tent was at 92.6F tonight when I went in there. Oh well it should at least finish off the Sweet Cheese which is still in there :)

Kriaze do you have anything to say about the Incredible Bulk strain? I gather you like it? I am wondering if it's prone to mould because of its large buds, and if it could maybe fill the kickass indica niche for me -in the never ending quest to replace the Pineapple Chunk.

I'll have to check back through my journals on that one Weasel, I've only ever had mould once (Dark Devil Auto jarred too early and not burped enough) and bud rot once on one branch, I'm not sure which plant it was but I've grown a fair few of those Incredible Bulk and even if it was one of those then the ratio of bud rot to plants is not very high at all, that's if it even was one of those. I wish I could have passed you some of these crossed Incredible Bulk/White Strawberry Skunk seeds that I have a couple of hundred of. They are growing vigorously, strongly and with a nice structure (in my eyes but what do I know) as far as I can tell. I'm really looking forward to the Sweet Cheese finishing so I can clean down and get them into flower, we'll see what the buds are like then :)

Anyway it's been three evenings of trimming here, I admit that I am rather slow when it comes to it and the wife even gave me a hand before her eyes got heavy lol, she doesn't smoke it at all and she was conked out on the sofa yesterday after helping (poor girl was trimming buds for me that even I wouldn't usually trim). This is where I'm up to so far with the remains of a small Killer Skunk, the large Killer Skunk (I've trimmed half of it already, this girl is huge) plus the Sweet Cheese which is finishing in the tent:

DSC0034012.JPG

Slowly but surely we're getting there. I'm not sure what the end weight will be but it is a little 'airy' for my liking, probably due to not enough PPFD (which I now call Power Per Flower Development) to go around the 7 plants I had in there. The Sweet Cheese should hopefully dense up with all the light to herself (and more with the 315 CMH in there) and I'm looking forward to the next round...but not the trimming lol.

All the best and I'll be away for an OP over the next few days so any update will have to hold for now. May your buds be forever bountiful :thumb:

Update 12th May.

Finally all the Killer Skunk have been trimmed, dried and placed into jars to cure. The yield wasn't exceptionally high nor the buds of great quality but from what I've smoked it is a reasonable smoke, kind of a nice cerebral hit followed by a nice body gouch which is just what I like. I would not say that it is knockout though, more the sort of thing that I can continue to smoke all evening.

A good plus point was that while looking for more jars I found around an oz of my White Strawberry Skunk that had been curing for months, tried some of it last night and again it's a little weak but a real nice uppity high that creeps on over time, really moreish but it kept me awake until 10am so definitely not a night time smoke, lovely smoke though a good 7 out of 10 if not a point more.

This is what I ended up with after having smoked around an oz that I gained from the two first plants that I chopped early. There's a cured bud of the WSS in one of the jars for contrast between cured and uncured:

DSC0041414.JPG

As for the Sweet Cheese she is looking pretty much ready today. I'm tempted to go and chop her as we speak but I'll let her have her final night's sleep first. There wasn't as much fattening up as I'd like and the nodes aren't really tight due to the mishap of the CFL light blowing and pulling the electricity down for a night, which meant that lights on has been hot as it was during the day and cold at night with the lights off. That will be rectified once she is pulled and the tent has been cleaned up. Here she is looking ready for the chop chop:

DSC0040711.JPG

Let's get a closer look at one of those buds:

DSC0039511.JPG

Let's get a little closer, check out those mainly cloudy trichomes along with some amber. She looks ready to me:

DSC0037612.JPG

I'll try and get some even closer pictures with the microscope shortly and post them later, until then I hope you are all well and may your buds be forever bountiful.

:Namaste:

Ok so these pictures from the microscope are nothing fancy due to the quality of my optics, I've looked into buying some better ones but they are pretty expensive so they will have to be added to my Christmas wish list. Still they are a nice entry into the ethereal world of buds and trichomes and I enjoy myself immensely looking through and grabbing pictures.

Here are a few of those pictures that I like the look of:

DSC0045110.JPG

DSC0044615.JPG

You can see the different stages of THC production across the area and those spots of amber are music to my senses

DSC0041912.JPG

Moving closer in we get to see a little more of the internals of the trichome glands themselves. Even closer and we can see the head of the trichome itself. This one is nicely cloudy going on amber:

DSC004407.JPG

This one intrigued me, it seems to have a dark nucleus almost like a fire burning or a golden heart:

DSC0046210.JPG

That's pretty much it for now until I've cut, trimmed and dried the Sweet Cheese. All the best everyone and may your buds be forever bountiful :Namaste:

Not an update as such, I wasn't happy with the quality of my photomicrographs so I decided to take some care and use some focal stacking techniques to gain a better picture for my journal. This is an attempt I'm reasonably satisfied with but if I make any more I'll post those too:

2017-05-14-20_34_24_ZS_DMap.jpg

best of buds to you all :thumb:

Final update:

The Sweet Cheese was chopped and left to hang as a full plant for one day then all fan leaves were pulled and it was left for another day before being fully trimmed and left to hang and dry. I was hoping to gain around 2oz from the plant due to the fact that all the plants had been battling for the amount of light in there until I supplemented the 315 CMH. Here she is hung and trimmed:

IMG_0002392.JPG

Tonight she was dry and I heard the inner snap when testing the branches so she was cut up ready to jar:

DSC0065611.JPG

Here are her roots, I don't know why but some people like to see pictures of roots. I've no idea whether they're good roots or bad roots but they didn't smell bad and they were solid and compact, maybe I should have used a bigger pot...too late now though:

DSC0066612.JPG

I decided I would weigh this plant and take a picture of the measurement, it's hard to see but it read 81.9g. Not bad I think considering, the next round the plants won't be fighting for light so I'll see how they do:

DSC0066210.JPG

My emergency stash, namely buds that 'fell off' while trimming along with buds that even I considered too small. Still they're there for emergencies :)

IMG_0015267.JPG

Earlier in the week I weighed and rejarred the earlier harvest, I can't be too accurate as there was my cured White Strawberry Skunk still there (around 1oz) plus a little of whatever I've been smoking from my previous harvests, I was running low though...very low. Still weighing up I think I must have pulled around 5oz previously give or take and that would be at a conservative estimate as I had been hammering the previously harvested buds whilst I'm back on my beer binges every other night or three days running whichever day I was on. Here is where my stash currently stands:

DSC0066511.JPG

I won't be running low any time soon, 4 of those large jars have weights of 30g in each and 5 of the small jars have weights of 15g in each :)

The flowering tent was washed down with bleach and water then left to dry, the lights were raised and voila:

DSC00673c.jpg

The 2 Incredible Bulk x White Strawberry Skunk plants (one of which was topped early on and the other had to be supercropped as it was outgrowing the tent, you can see it if you look closely in the pictures, the supercropped is the one on the far left) were moved in along with the largest Killer Skunk (which I chopped the apical stem from a few weeks back or she wouldn't have fit in the tent otherwise) :

DSC006707.JPG

These will become my new journal and I'm really excited to be growing my own seeds, I want to see if they can produce nice big buds which I achieved on both the Incredible Bulk grow and the White Strawberry Skunk grow. Fingers crossed that they won't hermie after all the shit I've put them through.

The poor plants in the veg tent. With those three big girls in front of them plus a lot of delicate clones those plants at the back were neglected and left to their own devices for far too long. They've grown together and I had quite the time of untangling them, unfortunately after a long day of (mainly) non stop graft I can't take the time that I would like to in sorting them out, it will have to be tomorrow as it's almost half past midnight and I'm up and out early in the morning, they will be sorted tomorrow though.

This concludes my journal which isn't really a journal for now, I will be making a new one that I will try and create a little more of a structured approach with. For now though may your buds be forever bountiful and all the best. Signing out :Namaste:

Thanks Weasel I'm not too sure about starting one yet. I may let these flower out and scrub everything in the veg tent then start afresh after a small break. I'm not very structured atm and starting a journal at the beginning of flowering may not be the best thing.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom