• House and Garden

Votes: 200 24.4%
  • Humbolt

Votes: 20 2.4%
  • Miscellaneous

Votes: 233 28.4%

• Total voters
re: A Poll To See What Kind Of Nutes Are Prefered

Me too - and that you absence was a temporary one.

Hydro and potted plants Been using Fox Farm..Hydro ph is a biotch at first but does stable down once you bring your ppm up.Cut back ppm when going to flower and keep a higher ph as ph will drop after flower.Out door is pretty much Maxsea on drip and any organic quano teas or any poop on the farm or what ever sounds good along with ocean forest potting soil shoveled directly in a hole in the ground.:Namaste:

Re: A poll to see what kind of nutes are prefered.

in fact, when your meter reads say, an arbitrary number, lets say 500 ppm. your plant starts using that up and leaving behind residues. your meter can't tell the difference between those residues, and the nutes that the plant wants. so when that builds up in the medium, you dont know it and you get the all famous lockout. bacteria breaks that down into a form plants can use again.

A FEW IMPORTANT BACTERIA

Nitrogen-fixing bacteria form symbiotic associations with the roots. Visible nodules are created where bacteria infect a growing root hair. The plant supplies simple carbon compounds to the bacteria, and the bacteria convert nitrogen (N2) from air into a form the plant host can use.

Nitrifying bacteria change ammonium (NH4+) to nitrite (NO2-) then to nitrate (NO3-) — a preferred form of nitrogen.

Denitrifying bacteria convert nitrate to nitrogen (N2) or nitrous oxide (N2O) gas. Denitrifiers are anaerobic, meaning they are active where oxygen is absent, such as in saturated soils or inside soil aggregates. these guys suck.

Actinomycetes are a large group of bacteria that grow as hyphae like fungi. They are responsible for the characteristically "earthy" smell of freshly turned, healthy soil. Actinomycetes decompose a wide array of substrates, but are especially important in degrading recalcitrant (hard-to-decompose) compounds, such as chitin and cellulose, and are active at high pH levels. Fungi are more important in degrading these compounds at low pH. A number of antibiotics are produced by actinomycetes such as Streptomyces.

The piranha is fungi. They do sweet shit too.

it sounds more complicated than it is, you can just take it that they do good work and keep your roots, and in turn your plants nice and healthy, and you will still get all of the benefits. and yeah, add them on top of the nutes they wont effect your meter readings.[/QUOTE]

Good info!

My friend told me about GH and I use the one part bloom and one part flower Floranova ..... For me it works great and i get really nice dank buds from it...leaves also stay nice and green. :high-five:
bubble32.JPG

My friend told me about GH and I use the one part bloom and one part flower Floranova ..... For me it works great and i get really nice dank buds from it...leaves also stay nice and green. :high-five:
bubble32.JPG

Freakin beautiful nug, and I know the picture doesn't do it justice, they never do...

Another vote for the GH dry line: MaxiGro, MaxiBloom, and KoolBloom. Reasonably priced, and very effective. The only complaint I have is they all drop my pH to the mid 4s... but a little baking soda seems to perk it up.

I'm on my first grow, in soil. Dont laugh but i used MG tomato all through veg, along with Great white by Plant Success, it has mycorrhizae, beneficial bacteria and trichoderma. Also started using superthrive about half way through veg. Then in flower Ive been using FF Tiger bloom, Superthrive and a little of the Great White. Just stopped Adding all nutes though as I'm a couple weeks from harvest, wish me luck!!

I'm on my first grow, in soil. Dont laugh but i used MG tomato all through veg, along with Great white by Plant Success, it has mycorrhizae, beneficial bacteria and trichoderma. Also started using superthrive about half way through veg. Then in flower Ive been using FF Tiger bloom, Superthrive and a little of the Great White. Just stopped Adding all nutes though as I'm a couple weeks from harvest, wish me luck!!

BTW, not that you all dont already know this, but incase there are any noobs like myself reading this thread, Don't use MG. Its too easy to burn the plants and in my oppinion its not optimum for their needs, Although I've managed to do pretty well with what i had I think. But if you can, opt for the better products that are designed more for this purpose!!

Thanks for letting us once again express our right to vote! :nicethread:

General Hydroponics for me! FloraNova grow and bloom work great as a simple, one part nute.

In addition to those two products, I use Floralicious Plus, FloraBlend, FloraNectar, KoolBloom, General Organics Cal Mag, FloraKleen for flush, and their PH up and down.

Despite my mistakes I've had great results using these products. So much so that I have no desire to use another brand.

Keep up the great work General! I don't care if they are 420 specific or not...I understand.

i've been using fox farm line up with good sucess.Just ordered botanicare line up ,for soil.i did vote for fox farm last year.
Compliments on the thread very good info.
HH:tokin:

Using canna Terra and the rest of their line, cannazyme, rizotonic, and boost awesome but very pricey. Thinking of going organic with earth juice.

Any thoughts?

I have Canna nutes, but have yet to use them, what are you thoughts on them so far???

kind regards,

I would ov voted forDutch Pro Grow/Bloom, D.P Explode &Multi Total. Are all very good and expensive well Explode is @£26. For 250 ml same for MY. Just saying as I would vote if it was on the list otherwise no point for me but very useful info. Keep the g:goodjob:ood work going.:peace:

Dude your hydro guy didnt charge you £26 for that small 250ml bottle did he? Cheeky #&*@ they are supposed to be samples.. Dutch pro are a fairly good nutrient.

To date iv used a fair few diffrent brands, ghe seems to always be over over performing the rest, starting a runn on "plant magic" in coco i hear amazing results are in the pipe work.

TBH I'm also using Plant Magics bloom soil, P.M.Bloom Boost as I also use the Bloom Boost with the Dutch pro as it an additive and am not to sure if I'm able to do this but for me,to compare the to both at tho moment would be unfair as D.P I'm using for hydro and p.magic is my soil grow. From my understanding that hydro/cannas coco coir I could stop usufruct my p.m. for soil and use the D.P but I started of using Atami B`cuzz light mix the repot into coco coir would this be ok also I'm 5.5 Weeks into flower but would ov dropped the EX. But one thing I can say is that my D.P grow is well the buds are younger than the soil grow but the hydro are bigger buds but the hydro are like a week or 2 behind.

Earthjuice here, some Advanced Nutrients, and some General Organics....

Back
Top Bottom