A room within a room, need advice

donpg101

I am currently growing in tents, in a spare bedroom. I would like to frame out about half of the bedroom for a flower room, to increase my space and eliminate tent zippers. The bedroom is approximately 10' x 9'. The first picture is of the current layout. The red line in the second and third picture represent the possible wall. I prefer the first option because the window will not be in the room and I won't have to put any new holes in the walls. I'm open to any suggestion.

What does that window look out at? Yer front yaaahd. Or back?

That window could be useful for venting or running an AC out of it.

Gotta think about ease of use, light leaks, venting, etc

1st option seems the best, eliminates the wdw from the flower room
Yeah, I feel good about the first one. The only perks for the second option are it includes the closet and could potentially be larger. Just thought I'd throw it out there, to see if I'm over looking anything obvious.

What does that window look out at? Yer front yaaahd. Or back?

That window could be useful for venting or running an AC out of it.
It faces the back yard and has a window unit in it, and every other inch is covered with foam board insulation. I already have a 4" and 6" holes venting to my attic, and a 6" venting to my living space. Pump the heat into the attic in summer, and use the heat in the winter. All of those holes would be able to carry over to room option 1.

Always fun building out new spaces. Plan well, measure twice, and cut once!! Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom