Adding more light

phatnugz420

i currently got a 300 watt viparspectra on my week old plants when should i add my 300 watt mars hydro to the grow any suggestions?

Attachments

• 0F88C9EA-FD75-4A49-A46B-E9E235A2D523.jpeg
    0F88C9EA-FD75-4A49-A46B-E9E235A2D523.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 39
  • FD657011-F0BD-4C1D-AB49-3F18CA5F2CC9.jpeg
    FD657011-F0BD-4C1D-AB49-3F18CA5F2CC9.jpeg
    360 KB · Views: 40
  • 8CD000CE-8052-4EC5-8614-4C51966B5CDF.jpeg
    8CD000CE-8052-4EC5-8614-4C51966B5CDF.jpeg
    480.4 KB · Views: 32
you will be just fine with the 1 light hanging over those plants for now. You should be good until you need to spread the lights out. What you are aiming for is for the light to cover the tops of all those plants. When they get so big that you have to spread them out, thats when you will add the 2nd light. Until then all you have to do is keep lowering the light until its 18" from the top of those plants if they can handle it. Dont go any closer than 15" unless you know the light wont hurt the plant. If you see your leaves curling upwards and taco'ing in, thats a heat/light too close issue.

As long as that 1 light coverage is well, covering all the plants directly below it, you will be just fine.
Those plants look like they are stretching for the light, i would lower it down to 24" at-least. You should be good for another 2 weeks, maybe even 3 before you need to spread them out/add the other light.

thanks man that’s honestly really helpful i got them hanging around 18 inches from the top now
you will be just fine with the 1 light hanging over those plants for now. You should be good until you need to spread the lights out. What you are aiming for is for the light to cover the tops of all those plants. When they get so big that you have to spread them out, thats when you will add the 2nd light. Until then all you have to do is keep lowering the light until its 18" from the top of those plants if they can handle it. Dont go any closer than 15" unless you know the light wont hurt the plant. If you see your leaves curling upwards and taco'ing in, thats a heat/light too close issue.

As long as that 1 light coverage is well, covering all the plants directly below it, you will be just fine.
Those plants look like they are stretching for the light, i would lower it down to 24" at-least. You should be good for another 2 weeks, maybe even 3 before you need to spread them out/add the other light.
i

keep a close eye on them for any discoloration or leaves turning crunchy and if you see any sort of bad thing happen, back off the light to 24"

indeed! imo can never go wrong with more light. you can however have them too close for them to handle. if you wanted to run the other one, go right ahead!

if not, you have more than enough for now anyways.

If you find your space is a little cold, fire the other one up. If its just right, then hold off :) more of a preference thing at this stage.

I think after around two weeks and in its veg time, you can add the other light. Won't hurt the plants, since total wattage is around 35w/sft for your area. :green_heart:

lookin good! Usually people tend to transplant to a 1 gallon pot upgrade (or bigger) once the leaves reach the rim of the party cup. By this point the root system should be reaching the bottom of the cup so its just about time.

Back
Top Bottom