Advanced LED 2014 Grow Guide in PDF format needed

JJambo

Does anyone out there happen to have the 2014 Grow Guide that is supposed to come with the lights? I ordered the 650 xml and just starting on my first grow. If I had more experience, I could figure it out myself. In my case it's like having any piece of electrical equipment without an instruction manual. As far as I know it gives details on light intensity and distances throughout the grow cycle. I thought I'd try here first as their products are great, but customer service lacks with my experiences. Thanks.

In the link below, if you look at the bottom of page 1, it shows not really a grow guide, but advice on the diamond series. Just didn't know if the 2014 was different than 2012 guide. Didn't know if the guidelines are the same because I have the xml. Thanks, though.

Advanced LED support group

Hey Spitz,

I suppose the last details for my first grow are knowing the intensity of the XML 650. I underestimated the intensity of this light on my seedlings. At about 20 inches from the seedlings and at 3/4 strength for the 1 dial was too much light for them. They stopped growing and leaves curled down. Once I put my daylight CFL's over them at 4 inches things went smoothly. I looked up symptoms of leaves curling down and knew it wasn't overwatering (using rockwool plugs) so I turned off the 650 and used the florescent ones. There's a good wet/dry cycle happening because i pick them up and only water if there lighter and close to being dry on the outside. Leaves uncurled and new leaves are forming.

I'm just starting to wake up and realize I'm rambling on.

What intensity settings and distances do you use? I figure I could use them for a benchmark with my grow. I'm hopefully starting a grow journal next week so things like this can be answered in one thread. Thanks for your help, SPITZ!

Its as much about "where" you put the seedlings as "how high" you hang your light. I started my first batch about 2' under, light at about 20% intensity,'and plants in the corners of the main footprint. No issues at all. I also started a few under the light while it was running at full power. These ones I tucked as far in the corners as I could (light at about 4').

If the seedlings are the only plants you have in the tent, hang your light about 4' above them and turn it on at about 50%. Put the plants at the corners of the footprint and give them a week. I doubt you'll have any stretching at all. Once you have rigorous growth, work in this order.

1). Add intensity until at 100% a little every other day or so.
2). Move plants toward the center of your footprint.
3). Lower light to desired height.

I didn't train my plants. I recommend a level canopy and height at 20". I didn't have a level canopy and I had the light anywhere from 4-40" from my tops. Things turned out quite well. Read through my journal. It's only 14 pages and there are a few side views to give you an idea.

That light is awesome! You're gonna love it. I have no affiliation with ALED whatsoever, paid full price for my XML650, and will by another one if the need ever arises.

Good luck! Shout at me with any questions. I'll try and answer them all.

Hey spitz, If I were to use RECHARGE (beneficials) on my seedlings, could it have a negative effect on them? For instance, since i just drop the rockwool plugs in water to hydrate them, is it possible of any kind of build up since there is no runoff?

BTW, the curling is happening again after adjusting the dials to 50%, moving the light up 4', and placing them in the corners. I put the cfl back on and will leave it for a week. I'll come back after that with an update.

I'm not a techy type grower. I don't mean, in any way, to come off "snobbish", but,, I just put mine in soil and put them under lights. I can't hang with you pros. If your leafs are twisting, dial down the intensity a bit more. That's odd, not a single one of my seedlings showed any type of discomfort. I even started 4 under that light at full intensity (4' high placed in corners) and 17% RH. Turn down the intensity some more and let me know how it goes. Maybe just give them some white light for now? Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom