Advanced Nutrients

Im guessing its gonna look about the same but be a little tastier and burn better. I used the flora nova series a while back and I was usually using GHs three part back then and I noticed a huge difference in the smell and quality of smoke. The texture when trimming them was much "creamier" too...it tasted better and smoked better than the non-organic line too. So I really have high hopes for ANs organic line of nutes, I cant wait to see what happens with the new nutes!

I have to admit it bugs me when an email I send doesn't get answered, but I can't really complain too much because I would HATE to have the job answering all the stuff people undoubtedly send in. I mean just imagine what kind of stupid things must end up in their inbox.

They probably don't pay someone full-time to answer it all, so it's probably someone who's already got a crapload of stuff to do that is also supposed to answer email when they get everything else done. If it's like my job that doesn't happen much... there's always something to do.

The phone is harder to ignore. I needed to call them a few times when I first started using their products and I never had trouble getting through. I'd just recommend calling them.

Greenisland, that is a gorgeous bud shot. I definitely look forward to seeing how the Iguana Juice does for you.

"Aeroherbs", "Hydroherb", or "knowboddy" should all be able to answer your AN questions, as they are all affiliated with or employees of the company. Why call or email them when they are amongst you?

A simple search on this board, or any of the mj boards, clearly show their affiliation, and their in-depth "imagined" knowledge of the company's workings. Just see the previous post for an example... you can find lots more by these three who do nothing but defend AN on this and virtually every other board... yet do so in a manner that should insult the intelligence of every poster on this board.

hydro industry: i understand you defensive about the whole A.N all about " growing fat as buds "and putting it out there that they ARE in bussiness for cannibus alone, and that any other uses come second.

I do remember the time in the hydro industry that working or being in conjuction with Cannibus in any sort of manner would get you barred or raided.I watched this happen in the industry first hand. Many friends that i was mentored by as well as became associates with later went through these DARK times in the industry.

HOWEVER, they got through it and learned thier lesson when it came to putting it out there what thier deal is. And the best result was that they learned from thier own personal experience what happen when they would put it out there.So to bad mouth either "Aeroherbs", "Hydroherb", or "knowboddy" Would be wrong.And that goes the other way for anyone badmouthing you.

The best way to go around the whole being banned issue is to let them do as they will do and either it will work or it wont.Let them be the ones to experience it for themselves.Hey who know mayber it will be the fight that makes up for what the gov't dide back then.Hey Medicinal Marijuana was NEVER suppose to really happen.And now what? California is now setting it up so that we it can be taxed, packaged and sold everywhere.

SOO, in no way am i trying to get down on anyone. All I'm trying to do is get some input on thier products to do a comparison grow. Not trying to judge them on thier position in the HYDRO INDUSTRY.

Hey if they can't respond to an E-MAIL then i will call them,let them know whats going to take place and if they want to be part of it then cool beans.If not then i can officially say that i will never do bussiness with them ever again.Cuz if they cant take the time to talk or even type then thats not the bussiness i want to deal with, and this i will tell them.

BUT, if they want in on a real comparison grow then cool.I'm not trying to get FREE products i just want info and the respect that customers desreve.If someone takes the time to email you and if you dont have time to respond to emails then dont post a email address.And hey if thier busy and get back to me in time then at least they got back to me.SO we'll see on monday what happens when i call them.

This is not a defense for anyone. This is just a reply to the original topic posted by PIRATE.

lol, were all so PC here it makes me laugh. I think its important to put are best face forward for all the public to see but Im just kind of surprised how PC we all are. I guess it would probably be different if we different have super monitors like sonique420...(whatever hapened to him anyway??? havent heard from him back on a couple things??). Anyhow I agree with butcher. And I love this site. I love the fact that were all so PC ("politically correct" not "personal computer")here. It makes us more friendly and out to make an important statement about MJ.

However I wont lie...I want to see a response from aerohurbs and see what he has to say about his affiliation with AN. Sonique420 gave me a term for this a while back...I beleive the term was "sockpuppeting", no?

sockpuppeting that hilarious.Thats definetly a pet peev of mine.Just be who you are(meaning anyone who has ever tried to do this).And i'm interested to in what any1 of the tree mentioned has to say about being in affiliation with A.N. I say this not to antagonize, but to know if they do or dont. And hey if they do p.m me with some info.

WE'll c what happens tith this whole A.N thing though.Its funny i just sent a thank you to some of the companies for thier responses and most of them already responded back with some support.Some are even sending me some things.That goes without even asking just saying thank you.Now thats grow support.Thank you to all those companies.Alot of them are intersested in the results.We'll see, i figure hopefully in the next couple weeks i can really start blueprint the whole idea now and go from there.I got G.H, dutchmaster, B.C. Technaflora and a few others covered. Humbolt is still in the works as far as puchasing the nute program.Is there any others that any1 suggest?

Just having those few companies in a head to head duel would be a great thing for this whole community to have. It would be very generouse of you to do such a thing butcher. And Im sure I speak for most of us when I say thank for going out of your way to do such an experiment, it will certainly help us all learn and increase our knowledge of whats out there. Thanks again man, its much appreciated, by me, and others. I cant wait to see how it turns out!

hey thanks GREENISLAND!!

Thats very appreciated.I wanted to this grow for along time.i've seen comparison grows (lol..example A.N's thats 1 is what really made me want to do this). To see if theres that much of a difference.I dont have the space that they do. But i fugure hey why not.Hey who know maybe we can all come up with all our own regimines.either way we can but a little background information can help.i think it'll be interesting to see how the results compare with the thread: see what kind of nutes are preferred.

anyways, thanks again

Just having those few companies in a head to head duel would be a great thing for this whole community to have. It would be very generouse of you to do such a thing butcher. And Im sure I speak for most of us when I say thank for going out of your way to do such an experiment, it will certainly help us all learn and increase our knowledge of whats out there. Thanks again man, its much appreciated, by me, and others. I cant wait to see how it turns out!

I've seen some side by side comparisons of using Advanced Nutrients.

I want to try out a comparison as well, but I just don't have the space or the energy to try to keep all of the test conditions controlled. That would be a lot of work for a small grower like me.

I do use Advanced Nutrients myself, and it seems that Big Mike is actually putting out a Million Dollar challenge to other nute companies to compare the products side by side. Sounds nuts, I know, but I'm surprised no one has taken him up on it since so many nutrient companies say that Advanced Nutrients isn't the best.

The challenge video is on Grower's Underground and there are a lot of great videos about growing questions there too.

Always better to have more information and then make a decision than to make a decision based off of no information at all.

:peace:

hey thanks GREENISLAND!!

Thats very appreciated.I wanted to this grow for along time.i've seen comparison grows (lol..example A.N's thats 1 is what really made me want to do this). To see if theres that much of a difference.I dont have the space that they do. But i fugure hey why not.Hey who know maybe we can all come up with all our own regimines.either way we can but a little background information can help.i think it'll be interesting to see how the results compare with the thread: see what kind of nutes are preferred.

anyways, thanks again

I think if you look around 420Mag a bit, you're going to find a lot of different answers to your questions. After all, growers are all a bit picky, ahem, particular about their growing regimens.

I would try to pick a few nutrient lines you have easy access to (meaning you can buy them where you're at) and then look online to find out first hand experiences of what others have noticed from using them. This way, you can begin to get a feel for what each of the products are without actually having to do the test yourself.

Ask the growers questions and see whether they happy with what they've chosen or not. Ask them what works for them - or not.

You're going to find that growers are a chatty bunch, especially when they've found something they've like - as you can already see from this thread.

:ganjamon:

I feel the both of you on what you are saying. One of the issue's that I get is the customer service from some of the companies isnt as accomidating as they portray. And there are companies that get back as quick as you can send them questions. I've got the g.h series most of the A.N series. Got the B.C Technaflora series Need just a couple more products from Dutch Masters and a few other companies. But it all takes time and money as well as good customer service to make sure this comp gro will be as accurate as possible. All the nute companies that have responded to my emails and questions are eager to see the results. Its funny some of them have offered to help out but i declined and said I want to do an indi study then give the results without anything looking fishy.
And yeas I know i would be the only one to know how i got the products but i'm trying to be honest when it comes to the nute comp grow, not give a result that benefits me. when it does get going then it will be as stright forward as it can possibly be. Nothing but the truth.

Honestly, gotta say Dutch Masters and House & Garden have the greatest Customer Service that I've experienced. You can email them and they will get back to you more then likely that day, if obviosly its to late then the next day. I've been back and forth with Dutch Masters about their Liquid Light and Penetrator program lately and its been a pleasure dealing with them. Never had to pick up a phone to get a hold of them. And when I did it was just to say thanx, and to talk to them while I was with a group of growers talking about tomatoes. No real horror stories. All the companies I've talked to have been plesent, some a little late on answering questions, but most got back to me quickly. The only issues I've ever had where with Advanced Nutrients. There were a few emails that didnt even get a response. And when I did, I had already got the answer for myself. But they responded the last couple times. Theres no perfect company in our industry. And if anyone says there perfect chances are their good but not perfect. Everybody is on the up and up, some lag more then others. We just have to keep in mind that these companies are busy, and will respond, eventually, hopefully. Its how they treat you and I as people, not just a random person from across the globe. Thats what makes the best companies; being personable, hospitable, informative as well as respectfull.

I have had the same happen to me with AN and many a shop owner would say they are getting tired of carying the line just because they dont want to deal with them and their service. I have never had any issues with them but then again Ive never really tried but I know people who have and have not gotten good results from AN. But so far I havent heard anything bad about dutch nutes. Advanced nutes do work and perform well I will say that though.

I used Grow and bloom in soil as well as in hydro, it worked like charm. My neighbor uses advanced nutrients products for hydro and got great results. Advanced nutrients have their organic products Iguana juice grow | Grandma enggy's f-1 fulvic acid | Grandma enggy's h-2 humic acid | Piranha beneficial fungi | Tarantula beneficial microbes | Voodoo juice root booster | Carboload powder | Sensizym | GRANDMA EnGGy's Seaweed Extract | Organic B vitamin booster, all this product have a pretty feeding chart. They have a nutrient calculator to calculate the exact ratio of the nutrients how much to use per gallon or liter and how light or heavy to feed your plants.

...or maybe one day, you all realize that fertilizer do NOT play a role in WEIGHT, but merely in making sure the plant lives. The only real aspect of the crop that can be controlled with fertilizer is the final QUALITY (not quantity) of the product, as overfed or those fed properly but with a bad balance of nutrients will accumulate within the plant material and wreck your throat and lungs with burned metals and minerals.

but of course, we all feel we re doing something when were "building" those chemical formulas, and many of you are so powerful that you assume you know better than all those chemists and start adding more stuff from other companies.

Than after a SINGLE grow of only a few plants, you all come back to the forums and unilaterally decide that one is way better than the other ...

Keep up the good work nute-groupies, these companies will go on selling you 60$ a pound for sugar and 500$ for a small pail of purple dyed mono potassium phosphate. And for the Ultra Masters out there, some secret "hardening" formula based on perenial PGR's.

Then some companies ride on hype or other's back with all sorts of evolutionary claim, to get the growers numb and worshipping, then someday they get "foot-in-mouth" disease and have to retract

like:

quote from:Advanced Nutrients and Oregon Department of Agriculture
Oregon Department of Agriculture
635 Capitol Street NE
Salem, OR 97301-2532
Sent by Certified Mail

NOTICE OF NONCOMPLIANCE

A recent Advanced Nutrients PR release titled, "Hydroponics Nutrients for Medical
Marijuana Gain Government Approval" (PR Newswire: press release distribution, targeting, monitoring and marketing
news-releases/hydroponics-nutrients-for-medical-marijuana-gain-government-approval-95489084.html), with the company contact specified as Michael Straumietis, contains false and misleading claims concerning Advanced Nutrients products.

OR

House and Garden Nutrients
Note:
“House & Garden, Humboldt Wholesale, and their representatives do not have and have never had any affiliation or collaborative history of any kind with CANNA or its representatives. To the contrary, CANNA and House and Garden are direct business competitors. We hope that this public statement clarifies any possible misunderstanding.”

Someone really went back and pulled this one out of the grave. Though I wouldn't have noticed the post by Hydro Industry if they hadn't.

All I can say is I'm not an employee of Advanced Nutrients or anyone else in the industry. Of course I can't actually prove that, at least not without basically giving out my name and address, so I'm not really going to put a lot of effort into trying to. You can believe it or not.

I would suggest that since "Hydro Industry" admits he's a shill (though he won't admit what company he works for) he's prone to seeing them behind every dissenting opinion.

...or maybe one day, you all realize that fertilizer do NOT play a role in WEIGHT, but merely in making sure the plant lives

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You start out saying that it doesn't play a role in weight, except to keep the plant alive, and then you go on to explain how it plays a role in weight.

Because we all know that the healthier the plant is the better able it is to reach its full potential. A plant that is most generously described as "being alive" but not thriving is not going to yield the same weight as an exact clone of that plant would if grown in the same conditions but better nutrition.

It doesn't matter if you're talking about the quality of the nutrients or the quantity of the nutrients. If you don't give the plant what it needs it will not produce as well as it could. Every grower knows that rich, fertile soil grows better plants. Well hydroponics is the same way, except without soil you need rich, fertile hydroponic solution.

There's a sort of bell curve where within a certain range you won't see much variation in yield by increasing or decreasing nutes. But if you go much over or under that range you'll start seeing a significant negative impact on the plant. That's not simply making sure the plant is "alive". That's making sure the plant is thriving.

Plants grow as quickly as they can and yield as much as they can. The limiting factor in nearly every garden is light and nutrients. They'll grow as fast as the available light can drive their metabolisms (limited of course by how much they can absorb) and how much available food there is to build with. Nutrients are the building blocks they make themselves out of, light is the power that puts them together.

That website is actually run by a guy with a tragic mental problem. The story I heard was that he used to work at Advanced Nutrients when he began slipping into some kind of paranoid delusion, thought everyone was out to get him, and ended up quitting or getting fired because he wouldn't get help.

He's pretty smart, though, it's really hard to spot the errors in his "science" I've been told. I wouldn't know where to start, myself.

The Oregon stuff is old news. People keep bringing it up because they don't know better but it's been explained a lot better than I can do. Look it up if you're curious, I don't really care.

I'm not sure why you included the last link.

hey! So if im going to use AN do i have to use the complete line?? or is there a nice combo that i could use together with other(cheaper) nutrients... lately i've been growing in soil using some Biobizz and technaflora nutes, both are great but i think biobizz might be as expensive as AN but they do not have so many add-ons.
For my last grow i been using the technaflora and in between feeds i have put some BigBud in there, now ill switch to Overdrive, im doing it because someone gave me like half a bottle of each, he was leaving the country and didn't need them so i just tried it out but i don't really know if its making a difference tho.
Now im building a 12 plant hydro system and i realice that ill be using a shitload of nutrients to fill up a 230 liters reservoir, so im planning on using some nutrients i found in a local store, they are not branded and i they are not special for canna grow.. its made for general hydroponic grow and its rally cheap, contains all essentials in a "A" and "B" solution, 1 for veg, 1 for flower its around 10 bucks for 4 liters(1 us gal). so im planning on use does plus some of the AN... thinking in Bud Ignitor, Big Bud and Overdrive. what do you guys think??

Back
Top Bottom