Advice needed for Fungus Gnats

Blow a fan across the top of the soil. It might not rid you of them, but they will have significant difficulty multiplying. I have seen a great decrease of gnats using this method.

Also I hear diatomaceous earth or coarse sand laid on the top of the soil cuts them to shreds when they move around.

Not sure if Neem oil is organic or not but it works too.

CHeers, gl to your grow! :yahoo:

I put traps all the way around my grow room every 2 ft or so. With use of the dunks I rid them completely in a couple days. Got mine from a brand new bag of soil.
20190731_114211.jpg

Just getting over a bout of these little sh1ts.

80/20 water/milk will do it too but takes a little time. (Once a week will help as a preventative - beasties cant process dairy, so they get sick or bugger off!)
Also, organic non toxic Flypaper
And cover the soil stoping any new larvae, finally to aid the job, hold off on watering them till you get numbers down whatever path you follow. Less damp soil equals less lit'l b'stards....
Fingers crossed for you 'SgS'.

2 teaspoons cinnamon per 1 gallon media.

Premix before you fill your pots up.

I have not seen a single gnat since ive done this, and helps roots, and controls mold in your soil. Might have a very very slight impact on microbs, but very little, because the cinnamon helps the roots grow also. so its a win win.

Back
Top Bottom