Afghan grow

skariskunk

So tryed to germinate 5 afghan seed´s and 4 of them sprauted and have been potted. my babies are now 3 day´s old and are nice and comfortable under 2x flouros and 1x 120w cfl, and later i will put them under 2x 400w hps.

i´m growing in preemixed soil bought in the flowerstore and i mixed with some perlite, i welcome all tips on a better soil when i re-pot them so feel free to comment.

i have 2x fans in there a powerful air intake (it´s not as silent as i wuld like)
and i have co2 container and i also spray them with bubble water.

i have grown a couple of plants in there but i´m not so happ with the results... the only problem ive had is heat issues cause i cant run the air intake all the time cause its too loud.

and last but not least i´m using all purpose plant food 24-8-16 for the veg
and bloom plus 10-54-10 for flowering , please any tips will be appriciated, but keep in mind i live on a little island way out in the ocean so i cant buy the same stuff you can in the store these nutes were the best i could find :(

so ill upload pics later tonight when i have learned how to upload them :p

till later bye

S5031932.JPG

S5031930.JPG

the other lady´s there are lowryderxak47 but pay no attention to them :)

For your grow, you've got a way to tell pH right? What's the room/area like?

What's the NPK for your soil? You can probably hold off on the plant food for right now. But when you start, I'd suggest starting with at least 1/8th strength of the instructions. Worm castings are a popular mix-in around here, if you can find any. Good luck!

Yes i have digital ph meter , and my ph is avarage 5.8.
the room is about 2.5 meters long and 1.5 meters wide
and i must sound like an idiot but i dont know what npk is .. :S

and no i´m not giving them nutes just yet :)

Don't feel like an idiot. NPK is the Nitrogen-Phosphorus-Potassium (Potash) in the nutrients. Like how you said 24-8-16, that's it. Is there any NPK value on your soil? Sounds like you have it well handled :)

nah i did the same thing with my lowryderx ak47 and they have been as healty as the can from seed to bud :D

S5031934.JPG

S5031933.JPG

i´m sorry about the sidways pictures it wont happen again. and there is a tiny burn on the smaller one thats just because she´s finishing and i put the light too close :p hehe

You're plants do look nice. You're seedlings appear to be stretching too much though. Can you get the light closer to them? Lol. I know you said not to pay attention to them, but I couldn't resist. ;-)

too long has this update been prosponed

soo hi again . I started this journal a while ago with good intent of making a good diary. But couse of some minor security issues and us having to move put a huge hole in the story plus some broadband trouble, but now i´m back and i´m gonna give a little update , some pics then ill try to keep it updated.

last time ! on my grow ! i was making this journal about this afghan i got as a bonus from shyanashop where i bought my super silver haze , but the ssh seeds i got from them were a pice of crap so i made them send me new ones from greenhouse seeds an while waiting i decided to make the journal about the afghan couse it was looking fabulas.

But now my afghan is one 3 week of flowering and my super silver haze plants are getting bigger by the day so i will keep you updated on them too , so you could say this is a afghan/ssh grow journal , but back to buisness.

i had 4 afghan seeds germinated out of five , 4 lived and one was male , wich is good % concidering those were regular seeds, soo i have 3 afghan plands in 3 week of budding , will post pictures down the line.
and i have taken 8 clones of these female plants (before budding) and they are doing fine, but ive been having some heat problems combined with fresh airflow problems but they are all fixed now . I decided to use LST on all my plants so i can use the space to the max.

i´m sorry if this post is unorganized cause i´m relly high and trying to make some sence at the same time.

i have 2X 400w hps bulps combined with 1x hid (metal halide) bulp and keep in mind the trouble ive been having the last month or so and let the pictures talk for them self , cause i´m really proud of my honey´s

S5031950.JPG

as you can see there are still some yellow leaving and some heat damage but they are really comming along

S5031944.JPG

some brances got a little damaged during my lst but they seem to be growing far faster then those who didnt.

S5031943.JPG

dig it ?

S5031942.JPG

man i want some fresh bud

S5031955.JPG

aha more pix

S5031954.JPG

still going

these are my clones and 4 super silver haze out of five feminized seeds
S5031955.JPG

okay i´m almost done

this is one of my super silver haze lady´s "they better be" as you can see i´m using nylon string and some handywire to lst them circular around theyre medium.
S5031957.JPG

S5031958.JPG

hehe this is only a fraction of the pictures i took :$

This is my current grow room setting but i´m going to expand the space into about 4fm floor space when i get the smaller ones into the flowering cycle.
S5031964.JPG

p.s. i´m using the same nutrients as before but i added perlite and dry chicken poop into the soil , and i´m using the nutes every other watering and way less the recommended for indoor blooming plants. so there you have it , hope some of you will follow me trough the next few months , and yeah , you all remember that lowryder x ak47 ,, that was some good bud , not you now really really high quality but it was damned good bud and it lasted me for weeks :) peace out

forgot to mention that i have 2x afghan in 1x 60L box container and since one of my plants were male one afghan gets a whole 60L container all for it self :) and my place is really starting to smell of fruity/hashish bud :D

and after alot of trouble keeping the heat down i finally made it happen by getting this industrial squirrel fan witch is on most part of the day so my babys allways have fresh air.

heat is 25 - 27 during the day and 19 - 21 during the night.

yeah it has been intresting watching the resin production really kicking in , i wish i had a better camera so i could take some crystal shots but thats gona have to wait , and also after i put in the 400w custum mixed mh bulp my plants really took a turn for the good.
after being looking at other grow journals im beginning to think my afghan is about a weak ahed of the curve in bud production , i cant wait untill i can finally have some sweet couchlock smoke:D

and also the ssh is growing so fast i can hardly keep up keeping them down "lst" i have to move or add more string every other day:)

but i dont know if i´m completly happy with my nutes , i live in iceland and i cant find decent nutes anywhere so i´m using this schultz all purpose and the bloom type , does anyone have any positive experience with schultz ?

oh yeah and one more thing , can anybody give me a good nute calander , you know , when to feed nutes and when not to , i´m kinda new at this , ive grown a couple of other plants but only my lowryder x ak47 really worked out.
so any help would be appriciated

Great garden man the afghani is lookin excellent!!

About the nutes. Schultz is on the level of MG; only use it if that's all you can get your hands on. I had some Schultz all purpose food 20-30-20 and I fed twice a month at 1tsp per gal. It's super concentrated so a little goes a long way. I only fed twice, then switched to Botanicare, eventually ending up with Fox Farm. If you are able, try and order some organic nutes over the internet. I suggest starting with FF grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. These are highly effective, and very easy to work with as well.

Good luck to you :peace:

Back
Top Bottom