Afghan - Stealth Grow w/ LED

Re: Afghan,Stealth Grow w/ LED

I think I'm going to time for flowering on new years day. I'm sure that is way early, but I don't want to end up with giant plants with not enough space or light

My next round went into flower at 12", they're in now with my plants that are finishing. My current plants started 12/12 at 16", they stopped growin at double that.

i checked out your journal mcloadie, I see you used Country Roast containers, see I'm using medium roast containers, which is totally different. lol

HAHA Bud-Bud, That's funny shit! I just got 30- 3gal nursery pots for a buck sixty five each, I'm dealin with a small space, and it helps me so I can arrange em easier. I've seen people throw bags of soil on the ground, poke two holes in the top and grow two plants in each one...outside. BTW, that container you saw wasn't used to grow in, I used it for a spacer LOL, I used medium roast to grow in too....LOL!

the place I gorilla garden at is near a composting site. So I have a mountain of beautiful black compost a stone throw away. Hope that is never discovered, it's priceless.

the place I gorilla garden at is near a composting site. So I have a mountain of beautiful black compost a stone throw away. Hope that is never discovered, it's priceless.

Dude, dosen't it get hot in the gorrilla suit? That compost is like gold to us, I grew 3 plants in my compost pile last summer!

Don't knock the gorilla suit. People see you fussing about in the woods and mistake you for a bigfoot 8)

2012-12-20_09-17-46_703.jpg

With the potting soil in my mix, I must admit I am unsure about nitrogen levels. They could be to high, or too low. Probably not that low though, better to wait a few days and see before I add any nitrogen. I figure I won't need to water for a week or so anyway. Best to let them chill and expand their roots. I'll monitor leaf color and health, no need to be adding chemicals.

been running a space heater since my space is pretty cool. Struggling to keep things in the upper sixties. Outside temp this morning....3degrees bur..

That's friggin cold bud! Yep, upper 60s is good, mid to upper 70s would be better. That is the whole trick, to maintain an environment that the plant can realise its maximum potential. I'm using info from cervantes and rosenthal, + my two cents to determine what my environment is like, then achieve and maintain it. It just makes sense to me. It can be challenging at times, and if you move to a different location it all starts over. A huge amount of info I've learned from these fine folks on this site have helped my current grow, and are a huge base for my current formed opinions which will be implemented on my next one. Thanks to everyone!

I got one of those radiator style space heaters . I turned it up a notch. When I had the plants in the cupboard the temperature would reach 71-72 and that was with the door cracked a 1/2 inc or so open . I guess the grow tent is doing its job, it reflects the light right back at the plants, instead absorbing the radiation as heat. Kind of funny because one of the reasons I decided to go with the tent is because it was supposed to be "heat insulated". Which I interpreted as being the opposite. I like the tent though, I can use it to start my peppers and tomatoes in the spring as well. I got the gl60 which is 4 square feet. 2x2. The reason I picked it is because that is what my grow light manufacturer said was the max coverage area.

I have had good luck with that style of heater, a little harder to keep the humidity up where I like it, but still absolutely possible. I'm using an edenpure right now, 82 degrees, 45% humidity in the day. 72 degrees at night. I haven't got ahold of the nightime humidity yet, I've been working on it all week. I would like to see it around 35 %. It is dryer than hell here, and a constant battle with the Rh, but it's climbing to 65% at night and I cant have that during flower. All these figures are for flowering. In daytime veg I run it at 80-90 degrees, and 60-70% Rh, Just how I decided to do it this run...again from scientific data and all my freaky friends! Peace. I'm utilizing 10 square feet.

This is the first time I ever grew from decent genetics, except good bag seed. I've only grown a plant to bud one time in my life, this was about ten years ago. I got about an ounce out of a plant using window light and a 20.00 GE reflector bulb. The leaf mass on this Afghan is amazing, I've never seen such wide leaves on a plant. Even though my grow light manufacturer designates this led for flowering, it definitely has enough blues in the spectrum to add leaf mass. Things are not what I call fast and vigorous, but I blame that mainly on the cold temps. Also this is not a variety known for its height, that's why I'm growing it. According to BDS they only reach 40-60 cm. Which is fine with me. Also, I don't have very large pots because I'm not planning on letting these things veg until they are huge. I imagine 9 inches or maybe even less will do. Also I'm not planning on topping, supercropping, or fimming. This has more to do with the strain than any prejudices I have about the practice. I just want to stay on schedule as much as the plants allow, and don't want to slow things down. Also heard that this strain may not respond as well as the hybrids do to this practice. I'm hoping for a strong main stem with a decent cola. I may remove leaves from time to time to allow for better light penetration, depending on the situation. Peace

Funny, I get an LED because I don't want the electric bill and the heat, then I end up running a space heater which uses electricity and heat lol

Back
Top Bottom