Afghan - Stealth Grow w/ LED

Re: Afghan,Stealth Grow w/ LED

Since I'm dealing with temp issues I decided to switch to 24 hour light period. Turning the timer off. Trimmed off the first set of true leaves and their adjacent branches this morning. Still haven't watered since transplanting. After transplanting one plant wilted a bit. Not sure if their was good enough soil contact underneath the root bulb. I press down on the soil gently around the base of the plant. Problem went away after about 12 hours. Not really seeing any need to fertilize at this point. Growth is slow, which I mainly blame on temperature rather than the 18/6 light period. I figure keeping the light on will keep temps up. Plus I have a couple of Early Misty's I spouted and I put a single florescent in the grow tent to cover those plants. This gives off more heat than the whole LED does. Also putting a quilt over the top of the grow tent to keep heat from escaping the top. Seriously considering just going with hotter lights next winter. Also considering getting an LED that is primarily blue light. Also considering a heat mat, but the one I want is 50.00 and I'm tired of investing money in the project.
Merry Christmas
-bud

Struggling to get temperature over 67 in the gl60. Soon I'm going to need to get better ventilation for vegetation growth and cannot depend on lighting to keep temperatures up. Also I don't need to be running up my electric bill running a space heater full blast 24/7. Ordered a heater to put in the tent. Safety is a concern.
heater1.jpg

@mcloadie I watered the transplants pretty good. There was one plant that was the runt of the litter that seemed a bit shocked for a few hours. No big deal.

Added 10 drops of miracle grow houseplant food to a 1quart spray bottle. Misted plants. Plants now on day two of 24 hour lighting

Watched a couple videos on youtube last night featuring these guys. There is a clip of Ed talking about LED's which he had some criticism about. I guess he is pro full spectrum blah blah blah proponent. I liked Jorge, that dude is cool.

7 days since I transplanted and I still haven't watered. Only misted about 3-4 times with weak Miracle Grow plant food solution. Misted with fresh clean H20 today. Gonna prune lower branches today as well. This will be the second set of branches I will be pruning. From what I've seen in other grow journals these aren't going to get the light penetration anyway, I'm pretty certain I'm going to focus the energy to main colas. That's if I don't come up with all dudes, which would suck so bad I don't even want to elaborate.

took a look at the bottom of one of my pots today. Saw a root growing out of one of the drainage holes. I made a knee-jerk decision to transplant into larger pots. Plants were hardly getting root bound though so it wasn't really necessary. Oh well, at least I won't wonder "what if" I used larger pots. Think I'm going to get some of those 3 gallon grow bags for next time.
Hope I don't shock my plants, watered them down with filtered water and AZOMITE. Two heaping teaspoon per gallon of H2o

checked this morning, no wilt, no droop. Think I'm going to use AZOMITE with all my transplanting. Maybe it's the K

I have noticed that my care of the root mass determines the outcome of my transplant. I never get any wilt or shock unless the process dosen't go so smoothly, you know, the soil falls apart, ect. With weed I dont disturb the rootball at all, with veggies and rootbound houseplants, I pull the roots out of their bound condition a little when transplanting.......just my experience......

Back
Top Bottom