Afghan - Stealth Grow w/ LED

Re: Afghan,Stealth Grow w/ LED

pretty sure at least one is male, another one is maybe male, 3rd is a mystery. Hopefully because it flowers later than the others means its female. Since males flower first. 1 plant would be ideal as per my introduction, I am aiming for one female. If they are all male, piss on it and this becomes my Early Misty grow journal.

At 38 days. Still can't tell sex. Average height 7 inches. Plants are probably wider than tall, the may even be square :high-five:
I'm all over the place with light height. Right now I'm at 28 inches from the canopy. Plant has grown 7 inter-nodes so far. I removed the bottom two. Probably will remove another before this grow is through. With temps usually in the mid 60's they have required very little water. Also very little air circulation. Just the fans on top of the l.e.d. I attached a computer fan to the exhaust vent bottom left side. Once in a while I turn it on for a few seconds and blow the air out of the tent. Still waiting for my ceramic heater. Shipper is taking a long freaking time.

2013-01-01_20-33-08_75.jpg

Tested my soil, looks acidic or slightly?
I think guano raises ph quite a bit? so I think I'm where I wanna be.
2013-01-03_09-30-45_746.jpg

I got my little ceramic heater in the mail. Put something in front of the intake so I don't have warm dry air blowing directly on the plants. Should come in handy when I switch to 12/12. Also is going to allow me to vent properly. Took two days but I have temp stabilized at 75 degrees.

Jorge says you should wait to see preflowers before you start 12/12. Dr Ed says go ahead when they are the desired height. Who do you agree with?

Jorge says you should wait to see preflowers before you start 12/12. Dr Ed says go ahead when they are the desired height. Who do you agree with?

Put the plant into 12/12 when it reaches 1/2 your desired finished height, or whenever you want to acoording to your plans. Theses plants will produce for you if they're females, they are loving thier life!

I was going to wait until they were 12 inches tall. But I think they really bred short and stocky into these genetics. The stems are super thick and I think they will handle the weight of buds no problem. Wish I new the breeder BDS got these from..

Thanks for following along everybody. Special thanks to Mcloadie.
Looks like I ended up with some weaker medicine. I going to grind these up and put them in a mason jar. I then put warm olive oil over the shake and keep it sealed in a cool spot. I tried this last summer and it works good, you can bypass the bad affects of weaker weed by consuming it. Should make a nice end of the day relaxation tincture. Would have rather have had flowers but oh well.
Some thoughts I have on the grow.
1. I've had better luck getting females in the past. I guess that may be my luck catching up with me. Probably would have been a better idea to grow more plants, five would have been a better idea.
2. Not sure I'm ready to blame the seed bank, grow light manufacturer, or temperature for 100% Males. However, I do wonder if generations of indoor selection may increase the likely hood of males. Also some of the BDS seeds seem a bit on the small side. I cannot blame them, it could be that this strain produces a lot of small seeds. I do wonder if so much red light early in the grow causes males. But I started them under florescent so not sure that's a big deal.
synopsis:
Start more plants
try to keep transplants down to one single time.
Consider more nitrogen earlier in the grow

Back
Top Bottom